1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply: Apr 12, 2012 8:36 PM by samibo Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Useless For DC
    oDAN51 Regular Visitor
    Currently Being Moderated

Sorry i went to bed early...I believe, it is as you surmise,TK241.    When it comes out of a no service area it doesn't set up ptt. It gives no warning other than a small icon at the top of the screen for ptt with an even smaller red line thru it.

• 16. Re: Useless For DC
    TK241 Silver Expert

oDAN51 wrote:

Sorry i went to bed early...I believe, it is as you surmise,TK241.    When it comes out of a no service area it doesn't set up ptt. It gives no warning other than a small icon at the top of the screen for ptt with an even smaller red line thru it.

Okay, yeah that`s what i was wondering.  This kinda dovetails into what i posted in a bug report elsewhere with the wifi issue i mentioned, and it`s easily fixed.  All they`d have to do is add some instructions that tell the handset to "assume always connected", kinda like on a PC, the handset, when it comes off a roamming or no service area, simply would update the profile (easily and quickly done) and set up the ptt, using the "assume always connected" thingy, basically when it sees Sprint service it imedately assumes that 3G is availible, connects, and sets up the PTT feature.  If for some reason there`s a problem network-wise, the unit goes into a "if-then" senario (familliar to anyone that`s messed around with Basic programming, if no 3G, then fall back to whatever it falls back to and don`t set up PTT unless PTT roamming is availible, when Sprint is again availible connect and assume connect and set up the feature).  I know this was a tad long, but ya get the gist .  I believe this`ll be resolved with a SW update, and i`ve heard of one comming out sometime soon, so let`s wait and see what crops up.  TK241  P.S.  Same with the wifi thingy, the handset sees a network, and imediately connects and authenticates, assumming always connected.

• 17. Re: Useless For DC
    samibo Newbie

I would agree with the original poster.  I have found the DC function sketchy at best.  I can have full signal and start the DC conversation  and signal will dimish and the call will break up terribly.  This is while sitting still and not going in or out of a signal area.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...