1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply: Jun 11, 2012 6:44 PM by jlopez3712 RSS

Evo 3D screen not responding

kayla992 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I've been having this problem with my Evo 3D where the screen will become unresponsive when I try to do anything. I have to turn the screen off and then it usually starts working, but sometimes I have to turn the phone off and remove the battery. I've spoken to a sprint representative and I was told to go into the store. Anytime I go there though all they do is reset my phone and that usually doesn't help. This is also the second phone that I've gotten since November. Is anyone else having this problem?

• 1. Evo 3D screen not responding
    fireguy_6364 Master

i have the same thing happen from time to time on my 4G as well. its  something to do with sense and or the internal task killer. which brings up another thing. if you have a task killer on your phone that you downloaded then i recommend removing it. aside from that its pretty sproadic when it happens to me.

• 2. Evo 3D screen not responding
    kayla992 Newbie

Yea I don't have a seperate task killer. In fact, I wiped my phone thinking maybe it was something I downloaded, but nope still having the problem.

• 3. Evo 3D screen not responding
    techsavvy101 Sprint Employee

kayla992, I see that you've said you went to the store. Were they able to duplicate your issue? I'm not sure how a hard reset would fix issues with the touchscreen. I would suggest going back in to the store...depending on the issue (and if they are able to duplicate), they may be able to replace the screen or the phone if needed.

• 4. Re: Evo 3D screen not responding
    DADUNDADA Regular Visitor

I am having the same exact issues. I am thinking that it has something to do with that late update for the phone. Then again I had other issues with this same phone also but nothing I couldnt work around. Now, this issue that is going on with the screen is a truth pain is the ***. I know that I am going to have to take it in to a sprint store but I just don't feel like sitting in there for hours waiting for them to say it is fixed when I know its not. Don't be fooled they know that something is wrong with the screen but if they admit to it they would have to replace them all. Can you blame them for ignoring the issue. If I find out how to fix it I will post it on here, but I am sure the resolution for me is going to be a new phone equal or lesser value. Dont have them giving you the run around going back and foward to the store demand that they give you another phone or threaten to turn off your service and file a complaint.

• 5. Re: Evo 3D screen not responding
    kc8utq123 Regular Visitor

I had the exact same problem with my 3D. I removed all my apps and did a factory reset and the issue still existed. I took my phone into the store and the techs were able to see how bad my phone was acting. I got a replacement phone in 2 weeks.

• 6. Re: Evo 3D screen not responding
    mcdanielcrystal Newbie

I'm having this same exact problem with my EVO 3D, I absolutely hate this phone! I just did get this phone in December, I have already had a hard reset done, my phone freezes up, I do not get text messages, voicemails at times. When I try to end a call my entire phone freezes and I have to remove the battery. My phone also constantly power cycles! I've had it! I can't believe I left Verizon for this. When you have phone issues at Verizon they will change out in store if they have them in stock! I was told because my phone is still under warranty that I have to contact the manufacture (HTC), that is ridiculous! I spent 1.5 hours on the phone last week complaining about this, 3 people later and then a supervisor I still did not get resolved! Bottom line is I HATE the HTC 3D, worst phone ever and I'm ready to go back to Verizon where they treat their customers with respect and resolve the issues!

• 7. Re: Evo 3D screen not responding
    JOHNGONYEA Newbie

This problem developed in mine as well and I spent a lot of time investigating it, researching on the Internet with people with similar problem. Heard lots of similar answers as they were above, which I'm sure are all valid reasons for this. But I had a alternate cause and solution. This problem started with me when I had it in my wet pocket (it had rained, but with yours maybe a hot day and your shirt sweaty etc...). I saw in somebody's post a passing comment about the screen protector being too tight. This I thought a little ridiculous at first (how could it be to tight) then I thought ,imagine a very tight fit against the glass and then getting wet and being sucked in tighter in making the screen think you're pushing a button everywhere. (Analogous to having something on your computer keyboard) While going on this theory I removed the screen protector - did a restart -haven't had the problem since.

Just my experience. Hope this helps

• 8. Re: Evo 3D screen not responding
    brandimerm8 Regular Visitor

I'm on my 4th 3D Evo since January!  It's bad, too.  It's in full factory mode now, I haven't installed any apps, etc.  Each phone has had it's own issue, but it all seems related to the touch screen.  I think a recall needs to happen.  Sounds like I'm not the only one frustrated.  I started a thread with my full list of problems on the HTC thread.  Here's what I wrote.

I'm now on my 3rd Evo 3D in the course of 2 weeks..  All refurbs, all HORRIBLE!  I'm incredibly dissatisfied.  They keep replacing it, and I keep having to wait days in between because the refurbed phones are on "backorder".  HTC is probably having to replace them faster than they can refurbish them.  I had the Evo 4g, and had no problems for over a year.

Phone #1 I got in January as an insurance claim to replace my Evo 4g (which had a cracked screen). This new one had certain virtual keys not work and froze up.  Phone #2 came via insurance as a replacement a week later.  It froze up all the time, stopped sending pictures in texts, and would spontaniously reboot.  Also couldn't swipe all the time.  Waited until 4/6 to go into the Sprint Store.  I was dreading the factory reboot, and of course that's what they did.  THAT MADE IT WORSE!  They had to order me Phone #3, which I went in to pick up on 4/11.  Before leaving the store, I noticed a large black spot under the left hand corner of the screen.  Told the Sales Rep, he ordered me ANOTHER phone.  Went to pick up #4 this past Sunday (4/14).  As the Sales Guy was setting it up, he was joking with me about the "bad luck" I was having.  I mentioned that it was a bad product, not my bad luck.  As he was setting up the new phone, a look came over his face and he immediately said "be right back."  At which time he had to go get ANOTHER phone because the one he was setting up didn't work either.  Left the store with what seemed like working Phone #4.  By Sunday, it has spontaneously reboot itself 4 times (twice in the middle of calls).  Monday morning it just kept cycling through a reboot.  Got a tech on the phone and he told me how to do a hard reset (remove and replace battery then hold down volume, home and power at startup).  Now it won't let me place calls, and incoming calls go straight to voicemail.  Went back to Sprint this evening.  They've ordered me yet another replacement (which they say will be in on Thurs)... this will be #5, and I'm not optimistic.

The people at the Sprint Store are very sympathetic, but claim that they can't do anything.  Customer Care sends me to the store, the store sends me to Customer Care.  Constant run-around.  No one taking accountablity for the fact that they are giving out faulty product.  I'm very frustrated and very dissatisfied.  Anyone else having this problem?

• 9. Re: Evo 3D screen not responding
    mapesy Sprint Admin

brandimerm8

I rejected a recent post which is a duplicate of the one in this thread. This is against the Community Guidelines. Please refrain from this as it is a bannable offense.

mapesy

• 10. Re: Evo 3D screen not responding

I apologize, I am new to the message boards, but I read the terms and don't see how this is a violation.  Am I not allowed to express my frustration?  For future reference, which part was offensive?

• 11. Re: Evo 3D screen not responding
    mapesy Sprint Admin

Do not post inappropriate content.
    Sprint reserves the right to  remove any content deemed inappropriate. To give you an idea  of what that means, prohibited content includes:

• .......New threads for topics that already exist.

As you can tell from reading the threads, people do vent their frustration. The above quote from the guidelines notes one place only, not mulitiples for threads on the same topic

mapesy

• 12. Re: Evo 3D screen not responding
    SteveO4g Regular Visitor

My Evo 3D is having the same problems.  Been replaced once already for the touchscreen issues.

• 13. Re: Evo 3D screen not responding
    XxEpicurusxX Regular Visitor

All you can do for this issue is take your phone into an Sprint repair center.

• 14. Re: Evo 3D screen not responding

Thank you, mapesy.  I will keep my complaints on the issue to a single thread.

Can you offer me a solution to my problem, as that is all I'm really after.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points