This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2012 5:46 PM by TK241 RSS

New Premier/loyalty program.

Valued Member
Currently Being Moderated

I have been a loyal Sprint customer for only about a year, but I have noticed that the Sprint Premier program has gone through a few changes and is now going to be removed completely. I have no idea if Sprint is going to be starting a new loyalty program, but I really hope so.

This is not a discussion to rant about how I deserve some sort of reward, this is a discussion to get some good ideas on what Sprint should incorporate in their new Loyalty Program.

I have a few ideas:

1. Definitely keep some sort of reward like the Early Upgrade program. Most customers that I have talked to really like the idea that they can upgrade sooner than some other less fortunate customers.
  2. To expand on that, very loyal customers; those who have been here a really long time; should be able to get an additional discount towards a new phone for staying longer than other customers. I think that if a customer were to be eligible for an upgrade at a certain date, if they choose not to upgrade on that date, and would like to upgrade later, that they should be able to receive an additional discount further than the $150 discount currently offered for customers.

I don't really have any other ideas at this point, but I would really like to know what the rest of the community thinsk about this.

• 1. New Premier/loyalty program.
    3020fjr2 Bronze Expert

I like #2 I have been with Sprint for 12 year and counting. I was thinking of an upgrade discount along the lines of

For those that have been with Sprint 5 or less year get a credit to their account of $10 dollars off per line when they upgrade and sign a new 2 year contract after there privies contract expired.

For those 6 to 11 years get a credit to their account of $10 dollars off per line and activation fee waived when they upgrade and sign a new 2 year contract....

For those 12 year of more get a credit on there account of 20 dollar off per line and activation fee waived when they upgrade and sign a new 2 year contract...

This should not be as much of a burden on sprint since one of the reason the Premier Program was discontinued was because of the cost of letting costumer upgrade yearly.

This is just my 2cent from a 12 year costumer.

• 2. New Premier/loyalty program.
    Valued Member

I am thinking tha many of the Sprint Premier benefits that we all currently receive, such as Anniversary Rewards, Accessory Discounts, and all of the others, should definitely continue, since they are actually good ideas.

• 3. New Premier/loyalty program.
    3020fjr2 Bronze Expert

While I would agree the only problem that I have with that is technically in 6 month a new costumer with good standing would recived the same thing as a 12 year old costumer. I know for sure the upgrade every year will not return since I understand there is a high cost involved hense why I did the smaller service credit yet meaningfull that Sprint still care about our costumers.

• 4. Re: New Premier/loyalty program.
    DocHemi Regular Visitor

Nwireman wrote:

I am thinking tha many of the Sprint Premier benefits that we all currently receive, such as Anniversary Rewards, Accessory Discounts, and all of the others, should definitely continue, since they are actually good ideas.

I think the loyalty rewards should be based on just that LOYALTY...the longer your here the more the reward; and if ya don't use up your awards they accrue.

Don't put people in a loyalty program based on what they spend on their plans, base it on how long they have been customers. Under say 3-5 years = No loyalty program; and make the perks larger and more appealling the longer you stay....again Loyalty counts....not the price of your plan.

Accessory discounts?  I really don't consider the discounts they give us DISCOUNTS.....let me explain....Buy a charger for you phone lets say $49.99, they will give you 10% off( correct me if I'm wrong), if you buy two.

You can go online and find the same thing cheaper, or WAY CHEAPER....say around $20. SO discounting a 49.99 charger by 10% brings it to 44.99.....GEE SPRINT I DONT SEE THE DISCOUNT.

How about offering us say 50% off accessories once every so often. Give us a $100/year discount on new phones, and each year we don't use it, let it build up.

And the biggest perk we would all like to see.....A SERVICE THAT WORKS LIKE IT SHOULD, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE HANDLED BY KNOWLEDGEABLE EMPLOYEES OF SPRINT>>>>>NOT CALL CENTERS.

• 5. New Premier/loyalty program.
    Valued Member

A $100 discount for a new phone would be great to get every year, that's actually a good idea, but I don't know if Sprint could be able to maintain that discount program too long. I'm thinking more along the lines of maybe $50 additional for every year that you don't use your upgrade. That way, new customers still get the discount, but very loyal customers; ones who have been here for several years; should be able to get additional rewards.

• 6. Re: New Premier/loyalty program.
    DocHemi Regular Visitor

Nwireman wrote:

A $100 discount for a new phone would be great to get every year, that's actually a good idea, but I don't know if Sprint could be able to maintain that discount program too long. I'm thinking more along the lines of maybe $50 additional for every year that you don't use your upgrade. That way, new customers still get the discount, but very loyal customers; ones who have been here for several years; should be able to get additional rewards.

Valid idea.

• 7. Re: New Premier/loyalty program.
    DocHemi Regular Visitor

3020fjr2 wrote:

I like #2 I have been with Sprint for 12 year and counting. I was thinking of an upgrade discount along the lines of

For those that have been with Sprint 5 or less year get a credit to their account of $10 dollars off per line when they upgrade and sign a new 2 year contract after there privies contract expired.

For those 6 to 11 years get a credit to their account of $10 dollars off per line and activation fee waived when they upgrade and sign a new 2 year contract....

For those 12 year of more get a credit on there account of 20 dollar off per line and activation fee waived when they upgrade and sign a new 2 year contract...

This should not be as much of a burden on sprint since one of the reason the Premier Program was discontinued was because of the cost of letting costumer upgrade yearly.

This is just my 2cent from a 12 year costumer.

Do you really believe thats why it was ended?

• 8. Re: New Premier/loyalty program.
    Valued Member

I do. I really do. It costs Sprint a lot of money to upgrade early! And with the upcoming rollout of 4G LTE, and the recent contract to Clearwire to continue 4G services, that money has to come from somewhere, right?

• 9. Re: New Premier/loyalty program.
    3020fjr2 Bronze Expert

Thats part of the reason. Sprint gives you the phone at a lost for them but they regain that money back when you pay for service hens the 2 year contract. No matter how you put its a cost to Sprint for giving you a phone every year. Now they are just collecting and staying with the money and not offering a cent for loyalty

But giving use a brand new state of the art Network

Message was edited by: 3020fjr2

• 10. New Premier/loyalty program.
    DocHemi Regular Visitor

how about cut internal costs instead of pass the buck to consumers?

How about cut out the executive bonuses, after the execs. made some real bad decisions in the last 10 fiscal quarters?

How about treating loyal customers better? Not like we don't matter, and giving new customers the same or better deals.

How about better management, and cost effective operations.

How about making employees and customer support personnel accountable for what they tell customers, and how they treat them.

These would go way farther to help the company retain money and help fund expansions.

Basic economics......if you want to grow your customer base, as well as your companies growth and reach; you must first keep the customers you have happy and willing to stay with you----that in itself will draw more customers knocking on your door.

• 11. New Premier/loyalty program.
    DocHemi Regular Visitor

And I just love how all the cell companies tell us they sell the phones to us at a loss.

They do in fact sell them a lot of times to us at a loss; often losing $50-$500 on each phone sale.

Heres the secret they don't want you to know.........THEY TAKE THAT LOSS OF ON THEIR TAXES EACH YEAR SO IN EFFECT IT COST THEM NOT ONE THING; AND IT HELPS TO SHELTER THE INCOME THEY DID RECIEVE.

• 12. Re: New Premier/loyalty program.
    DocHemi Regular Visitor

And I just love how all the cell companies tell us they sell the phones to us at a loss.

They do in fact sell them a lot of times to us at a loss; often losing $50-$500 on each phone sale.

Heres the secret they don't want you to know.........THEY TAKE THAT LOSS OF ON THEIR TAXES EACH YEAR SO IN EFFECT IT COST THEM NOT ONE THING; AND IT HELPS TO SHELTER THE INCOME THEY DID RECIEVE.

• 13. Re: New Premier/loyalty program.
    sizzlingsue63501 Regular Visitor

that is a good question to ponder.look at us cellular they offer reward programs early upgrades discounts and will pay up too 100 bucks or more for u to switch over to them........i dont understand

• 14. Re: New Premier/loyalty program.
    TK241 Silver Expert

sizzlingsue63501 wrote:

that is a good question to ponder.look at us cellular they offer reward programs early upgrades discounts and will pay up too 100 bucks or more for u to switch over to them........i dont understand

Us cellullar does something like what Charter cable does, you accrue points for things like paying a bill, upgrading/starting a new service, or even refering folks for new service, and you can use the points for stuff like electronics and gift cards (just to name a few things).  Why can`t Sprint do something like that?  That sounds like a better, and easier for the customer to undsrstand system to me, i`ve been a customer for a while now, and while i`m generally happy with my service i think SOMETHING needs to be done for the loyal customer, as the LOYAL sub is the one that`s, well, paying the way for the company, and if those loyal subs don`t feel they`re getting what they`re paying for they`ll leave, trust me, i`ve seen this elsewhere, if ya treat the customer with respect and give good service they`ll stay, if ya don`t...well...kiss those loyal subs goodbye, and they`ll tell their friends...who`ll tell their friends...and those friends will tell THEIR friends, and so it will go.  I think they should start a program kinda like Charter, that one works, and i believe it could work with Sprint too.  TK241

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...