This discussion is archived
11 Replies Latest reply: Mar 17, 2012 4:36 PM by MattInCt RSS

Picture mail online storage

damma1sport Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Why is Sprint discontinuing the picture mail?  I just cleared mine out so now if I send or received pictures where will they go.

• 1. Picture mail online storage
    smotrs Master

Sent and received pictures are now stored on the phone rather then on picture mail.

• 2. Picture mail online storage
    mapesy Sprint Admin

From the product manager of Picturemail, Ginger. She states:

Sprint strives to offer the things that matter most to our customers. The overwhelming majority of customers devices have a ‘gallery’ where customers can share images by phone and email and post to other social media sites.  With the numerous 3rd party photo storage/social sites available (Photobucket, Snapfish, Flickr, Facebook, etc), customers will still have options to store their mobile memories online. 

As for NEW picture messages you send and receive, until 4/30/12 they will still be hosted within the online storage at www.sprint.com/picturemail.  (messages are stored 60 days and then auto-expire).  IF there is a specific image you wish to retain, you can visit the site and download to your pc thru 4/30/12.  The online storage is not required for messages to be sent and received by your friends and family, so don't worry - you'll still be able to send and receive anytime you want.

• 3. Picture mail online storage
    MattInCt Regular Visitor

Does this mean after the online storage goes away, when I send a picture from my phone to an email address it will be sent as an email attachment, or how exactly will it work?

• 4. Re: Picture mail online storage
    mapesy Sprint Admin

Yes, that’s absolutely how it will be sent – as an attachment without the reference to Picture Mail.

• 5. Re: Picture mail online storage
    damma1sport Regular Visitor

Thank you for replying mapesy.  I do understand now and will tell others I know about it.

• 6. Re: Picture mail online storage
    mapesy Sprint Admin

Glad I could clear that up.

mapesy

• 7. Re: Picture mail online storage
    aj316 Newbie

But what about the people who do not use those social networks and do not wish to use up space on there phones thats not fair to them at all

• 8. Re: Picture mail online storage
    beclh Newbie

Hello. I'm obviously coming in more than a little late on the picture storage being discontinued with Sprint. I understand the options but my question may be unusual I don't know if anyone else has this problem or if it's just me and/or my phone. HTC Evo 4G....I so miss my Samsung Exclaim but it is broken beyond repair ! I don't know why it is but some messages people send though not pictures at all just text messages but they won't download to my phone so the only way I can read them is if I sign into my picture account with Sprint. I'm clueless as to why this happens or if it happens to others but how would I read these messages or where will they go since my phone won't receive them. Thinking about it I haven't been able to receive any pictures on this phone & upon reflection I believe this has been the case since I got this particular phone. Hmmmm perhaps there is more wrong with the phone than what is already wrong with it! I'm curious about those messages in future where they will go as for reason's unbeknownst to me I am unable to receive them on  my phone & no my memory isn't even close to being full.

Thank you for any and all help/advice you are able to offer!!

• 9. Re: Picture mail online storage
    robotaholic Gold Expert

@ beclh

In order for your pictures to successfully download to your phone, you have to have a good internet connection.  When the picturemail website is decommissioned, you will have to ask the sender to send you the picture again by creating a completely new message in order to receive it since you will not be able to log onto the website to get it after 04/30/2012.

If you are having trouble receiving any picturemail, try to make sure your internet is working properly on your phone.  If you would like to private message me with your account information, I will be happy to help.

-John

• 10. Re: Picture mail online storage
    MattInCt Regular Visitor

I have noticed sending and receiving Picture Mail seems to be more demanding of signal strength than other uses of my phone.  I can talk and browse the web from inside my home, but to send Picture Mail I have to go outside and walk about half a block to a spot with better signal; from there I can send and receive pictures just fine.  My wife can also send me pictures with her Sprint phone from her office, which I cannot do from my workplace.  The signal in my office is OK for talking, checking my personal email, etc., but like at home it's not quite good enough for Picture Mail.

• 11. Re: Picture mail online storage
    MattInCt Regular Visitor

You don't need to use social networks to have an online place to store your images, I just use my gmail account.  Gmail comes with a fairly generous amount of storage, right now my account says "Using 247 MB of your 7690 MB."

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points