This discussion is archived
1 12 13 14 15 16 Previous Next 226 Replies Latest reply: Jul 24, 2012 3:46 PM by ILoveV3erizon Go to original post RSS
  • 210. RECALL THE SAMSUNG INTERCEPT
    tony_hightower Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated

my intercept will not reboot after shut down and it freezes offten. class action law suit would be nice.

• 211. RECALL THE SAMSUNG INTERCEPT
    Orbijx Regular Visitor

This is probably one of the only ways to get Sprint's attention, Tony.

Unless  more people started voting with their wallets by walking away from  Sprint to other carriers (I ended up doing this, after trying for months  to work with Sprint, and even filing a BBB complaint against them to  get their attention -- and failing), taking them to court is likely the  only way they will give enough of a darn.

I've read nearly every  email from this forum on this subject since I left for T-Mo, and it  pains me to see that people are still suffering from an obviously  defective device.

To sum this up:

The fixes that are available to everyone are as such:

• Wait  until you are eligible for a discounted upgrade to a different phone.  While sub-optimal, it is a fix, though it is time-based.
    • Purchase  a different phone on the Sprint network, such as an HTC EVO series  phone from a person selling their phone. (Check the ESN before buying!)
    • Purchase  a different phone on the Sprint network at full cost from Sprint (Some  have reported luck in getting Sprint to give them an early upgrade  discount -- I was not successful on that).
    • Purchase a different phone on the Sprint network at cost from a third party value added reseller (Wirefly, Amazon Mobile, etc).
    • File  a Better Business Bureau complaint (Bring your A game for this. Make  sure you're going in with more than "My phone don't work." or you'll be  ignored quickly.)
    • Purchase a different phone NOT on the  Sprint network, and close the account associated with this phone (This  is often thought of as the 'Vote with your wallet' option). Be aware: if  you are a heavy data consuming user, you may not want to exercise this  option unless you have no other choice -- In my area, the only carriers  with unlimited data at the time I switched were Sprint and MetroPCS. The  latter offered unlimited data, but throttled your device to 1xRTT, with  the exception of two phones. Seriously check into how much data you use  in a typical month before you do this. You may find youself unhappy  with a switch in this manner.
      • As an example: My normal usage is about 1 GB per month, unless I  accidentally update my apps over the phone's connection instead of  wireless. When you are calculating your data usage, if you are  calculating against what you normally use on the Intercept, add 75% to  the number you get, so that you don't surprise yourself.

Sprint is obviously not going to act on you all  hoping for a fix for this... this device on the forums, but in the case  of a small number of posts, they will censor the entire post if they  think you are getting out of hand. While I am not a fan of censorship,  it is their forum, and they do have a ruleset posted. The few posts that disappeared were quite honestly outside of the rules.

Though my answer and advice may not be what you all want to hear,  it is likely going to be your best options to getting away from that  Samsung Intercept.

• 212. RECALL THE SAMSUNG INTERCEPT
    TVNUTS29 Newbie

I have been putting up with this crappy phone for almost 2 years.  I will NEVER buy another Samsung device.  I keep thinking I love it....but then it wont let me answer a call.  I think I love the internet on my phone.... but then it freezes up and takes about 30 minutes to re-boot.    I just need to answer calls and texts and this phone doesnt allow me to do that.  Very frustated and disappointed.  

• 213. RECALL THE SAMSUNG INTERCEPT
    rose.g210 Newbie

THIS PHONE IS A PIECE OF S*** I PAY $200 DOLLARS A MONTH FOR THIS SH***** SERVICE I WILL BE LEAVING SPRINT THEY ARE RIDICULOUS! IF U ARE THINKNING ABOUT GETTTING THIS PHONE DONT!!! IT IS HORRIBLE IVE HAD THE EXACT SAME PROBLEMS WITH THIS PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAD IT FOR MAYBE A MONTH AND IT WAS ALREADY HAVING PROBLEMS IT FREEZES WHEN CALLS COME IN AND IT WOULD SHUTS OFF IN THE MIDDLE OF ME DOING SOMETHING!  UGHHHHHHHH

• 214. Re: RECALL THE SAMSUNG INTERCEPT
    Mar1e16 Newbie

I definitely agree...I've had this phone for almost a year and no matter who I talk to or how long they"ve had the phone it's always the SAME EXACT problems. Everytime I go to Sprint they tell me there is nothing they can do because the phone has "software problems" and  not "hardware problems". I'm so fed up with Sprint that I am not renewing my contract!

• 215. Re: RECALL THE SAMSUNG INTERCEPT
    Dark_Emerald_89 Valued Member

Eh I'll give my opinion on it. Originally I bought the Samsung Moment ($50 in store sale at bestbuy) was my first android phone.....had no problems until one day the phone would just stay at the black screen with "Samsung" on it. Sent it to Sprint...said factory had recall on Moment so they gave me a new intercept. I didn't really have problems with it until like months after I got...like tiny things such as:

freezing

lag to then force close something

Was pretty much the biggy.... I've probably had it reset maybe like 6 times?

And what bothers me the most is that it'll do those at the worst times....like if I need call my mom....it'll freeze....then will actually force close the dialer. So I'll have to take the battery out and wait for it to come up again.

Now I'm not going to flame Samsung nor Sprint since this was the first time I've ever had a severe issue with a phone and I know Samsung makes good phones so really I'll just say the phone itself might not be "where it should be". Even when I go to the Sprint stores even they say the intercept is a bad phone. There was even one associate there who said she couldn't wait until she could upgrade from it (she has the Galaxy S 2)

I use to think it was the apps I had on it (which was only GO SMS Pro/Launcher EX,angry birds, and opera) but one time I got it factory resetted and didn't download any apps nor did I even put my SD card in (in case that was the problem) and still had occasional freeze,lag,force close. And I'm normal on the backing out of apps until Homescreen too...

I can upgrade in April but probably can't right away. Since I wanna get my money worth I'm going to get the Galaxy Nexus....if it's like Verizons then I have good hopes in that phone. I would get the Galaxy S2 but I don't want something my mom older has...want something different.

For the mean time I'll do another factory reset and send as many apps to SD as I can...maybe that'll help.

• 216. Re: RECALL THE SAMSUNG INTERCEPT
    Dark_Emerald_89 Valued Member

Well...my phone going stupid again....keep freezing and closing the dialer (being able to dial out) Aunt called me 6 times.....and this was 20 mins ago and even turning the phone off didn't work....so probably gonna have to do a hard reset... sigh......this phone makes me sad....

• 217. Re: RECALL THE SAMSUNG INTERCEPT
    ROSI117 Newbie

I hate this phone with a passion.  It's also my first Android and after numerous reboots, I have the same issue, it doesn't work than it actually works.  And to top it off, for the last 3 hours it has been vibrating like its frozen for no reason. -_-  If they don't give me a new phone at Sprint tomorrow, I'll be going to another carrier, I'm sure MetroPCS has better service than this run around I've been getting.

• 218. Re: RECALL THE SAMSUNG INTERCEPT
    cindy_p Newbie

i agree with you. i hate my phone i'm just waiting to upgrade my phone because the intercept is slow and freezes ALL the time.

• 219. Re: RECALL THE SAMSUNG INTERCEPT
    Martinezd53 Newbie

I agree w/you! The phone sucks! I've been to the Sprint Store 3 times b/c of the issues w/this phone & I can't upgrade yet! Tomorrow will be the fourth time & if somethings not done,I will be talking to a manger or dropping them period! If I would have known this phone was gonna give me this many problems I would have never upgraded w/this phone. It does freeze alot & I can't even get on fb b/c it takes forever if it does decide to pull up!!!

• 220. Re: RECALL THE SAMSUNG INTERCEPT
    bizzybeemer Newbie

I totally agree. I thought I would have been happy with this phone but it hasnt did anything but cause problems.

• 221. Re: RECALL THE SAMSUNG INTERCEPT
    bizzybeemer Newbie

I totally agree. I thought this phone would ahve been good for me but it hasn't did anything but cause me problems.

• 222. Re: RECALL THE SAMSUNG INTERCEPT
    Brissy45 Newbie

I have replaced this phone once and took it to a service center on severl ocassions.  I do have the insurance but it is $100.00 everytime I get another one.  I refuse to replace again.  I would have paid more for replacing this phone because it does not work than I paid for the stupid phone.  I hate this phone and my daughters contract to update is not until September of this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• 223. Re: RECALL THE SAMSUNG INTERCEPT
    CLM6345 Newbie

My service on my othert two phones are great, but this phone (Samsung Intercept) is a piece of ****...it turns off and on when it wants to, I try to answer calls and the slider doesn't work. This is not the first Samsung phone that I've had but I thought that after all these years, their products would be a LOT better...NOT!!!

• 224. Re: RECALL THE SAMSUNG INTERCEPT
    RC1024 Sprint Employee

Hello CLM6345, I'm sorry that you've had trouble. This phone was released as a mid range to entry level android phone. This means it has less memory, and slower processing than the high end android phones. with this consideration, and considering the symptoms you had mentioned you may see an improvement in the phone's performance if you manage the data stored in the phone differently. usually it is recommended that you leave 50+ MB free of internal memory, clear old SMS/Call log often, disable unused features, exit apps when finished with them by pressing back arrow, or menu>exit if the option exists, if the phone still lags,/resets consider resetting phone and try using for a bit before you sign back into your gmail, or other sync accounts. if the problem continues although you have reset phone (removing all data from phone) and not yet signed into sync accounts then you may want to take the phone into a service & repair center.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...