5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 14, 2012 11:47 AM by ADAMF663xx RSS

iPhone 4 re sending old texts.

Bawstinredsox Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

My iPhone 4 is re sending old messages to people even days later after they have already been deleted from my phone. A friend was texting me and I was replying right away, but on her end she was recieving old messages as replies. This has happened when texting other sprint customers, t mobile AT&T and Verizon. Only when the message is a text, but not when it is an iMessage. I am debating on getting rid of it because it is so obnoxious and annoying.

Anyone else have this problem or a solution?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

• 1. Re: iPhone 4 re sending old texts.
    abe2020 Sprint Employee

Sorry for the inconvenience.I would suggest you to go to settings then go to messages the turn MMS messaging off and then back on. If it doesn't, try again. Turn MMS off and then leave it off for a few minutes. Also send a couple of regular text messages with MMS off.

Hope this hleps

Abe

• 2. Re: iPhone 4 re sending old texts.
    Ann78 Regular Visitor

Do you have an Airave?  If so, that is probably the culprit.  I am in the process of cancelling all accounts with SPrint (on hold right now) because of their refusal to actually fix this problem that they have known about for over a year! 

• 3. Re: iPhone 4 re sending old texts.
    Shane_M Sprint Employee

Ann78,

I'm sorry to hear you're cancelling your accounts with us. I do want to let you know that we have been actively working on fixing the duplicate text messaging issue related to the Airave, we released an update in November that did improve this issue for a lot of our customers but unfortunately we found it did not fully resolve the issue. We have a new update scheduled very soon that will hopefully address this issue for the remaining people experiencing this issue.

• 4. Re: iPhone 4 re sending old texts.
    warriorsstory Regular Visitor

They have had a problem with duplicate texts since I have had my iphone October 2011, they have done nothing to remedy, nothing to compensate their customers for all the issues involving duplicate text messages, and worse of all they are selling a defective product, and continue to sell it even now knowing it has issues that cripple one of the basic functions of the phone.

Ann did they try and charge you a early term fee? [...]

Message was edited by: mapesy

• 5. Re: iPhone 4 re sending old texts.
    ADAMF663xx Regular Visitor

The issue is at least a year old.  When is it going to be fixed?

As I type this, I'm seeing repeats 3 and 4 from my wife's iphone coming over.  It's extremely annoying as I end up having to mute my text message notification until the storm passes.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points