10 Replies Latest reply: Mar 12, 2012 6:16 PM by fireguy_6364 RSS

im so sick of the evo 3d

Jbabygirl22 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

its having all these issues, and its getting replaced for the 2nd time, this makes me just wanna buy an iphone 4! a phone should not be messing up this much, they need to recall this phone seriosuly.

• 1. Re: im so sick of the evo 3d
    Inuchanz Regular Visitor

I would not give up on Android over the Evo. I have been having the same problems and this is my second phone they replaced as well. I am holding off for the next LTE phone for Sprint. Just remember that the iphone does not have 4G or will not get LET on the iphone4. Best thing to do is to wait.

• 2. Re: im so sick of the evo 3d
    Jbabygirl22 Regular Visitor

seems like iphone never has any problems like these

• 3. Re: im so sick of the evo 3d
    fireguy_6364 Master

you never really said what problems youre having with the phone

• 4. Re: im so sick of the evo 3d
    CaptPuget Expert

Well, I've had the Evo3D since day one with only one minor issue (custom icons being replaced by generic ones) with it.  You have every right to vent, I suppose, but you aren't saying what your problems are. 

• 5. Re: im so sick of the evo 3d
    fireguy_6364 Master

im only guessing here but the apps that got replaced out with the generic android logo were stored on your sd card? there is/was an on again off again issue with a few different phones syncing with the sd card when it came down to apps. especially when you rebooted your phone..it would take a while. or even apps that are stored within a folder on your main screen. THAT problem has yet to be figured out.

• 6. Re: im so sick of the evo 3d
    Shane_M Sprint Employee

fireguy_6364,

I think what you're describing is just a matter of how fast the phones able to read the SD card. Theres are several things that will impact it generating the correct icon such as processor speed, running applications, SD card speed, etc.

• 7. Re: im so sick of the evo 3d
    fireguy_6364 Master

for some of the things i posted up there yes. i know the issue is still happening (on the evo 4G side at least) where if you make a folder on your main screen and put some apps into it, the apps that are saved onto your sd card will eventually just show as the generic android logo. but the ones NOT stored on your sd card will show just as they usually do.

not sure what phone youre personally using but try it out if youre not already. add a folder to your main screen and name it test or something. then throw in a mix of sd card stored apps and non ones. run it for a week or so. not sure what eventually causes it but it will start happening.

• 8. Re: im so sick of the evo 3d
    erichamby Regular Visitor

Id never trade a evo 3d in on a iphone. The iphone may not "seem" to have issues but it does, and what issues it dont get is just becouse it dont support anything or just dont have the feature. Had mine from day one and can say i havent had not one single issue with mine.

• 9. Re: im so sick of the evo 3d
    CaptPuget Expert

he switching of icons is a known issue that sometime occurs on reboots and always after mounting the phone as a disk drive.  Yes, the icons linked to apps on the SD card are the ones affected whether they are in folders or on a main screen.  There is no cure, but the quick fix is no big deal: simply switch from the current scene to another and back again.  Heck, if I wanted a flawless OS, I'd use Windows Phone.

• 10. Re: im so sick of the evo 3d
    fireguy_6364 Master

theres something about having apps on your sd card withit a folder that does it too. even without rebooting the phone. you'll just hop in there and they'll be the android guy. i'll have to see if switching up the scene fixes it. aside from the apps in a folder deal i never have it happen.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...