This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply: Sep 6, 2012 4:34 AM by Kiamonster RSS

Photos look double exposed

KJM17 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I took some pictures this morning of my daughter opening her birthday gifts.  2 of them are fine...the other 7 all appear to have a double exposed look to them.  I've tried restarting the phone, removing the battery and then restarting and the pictures still have the double exposed look.  When you look at them in the 'camera shots' mode the picture appears fine.  As soon as you select what picture you want to see and it enlarges, that is when the picture looks double exposed.  Has anyone else had a problem with this?   Anyone have an idea how to fix this?  I've taken other pictures since this morning and they are all fine.

IMAG0648.jpgIMAG0649.jpg

• 1. Photos look double exposed
    fireguy_6364 Master

1-those look creepy lol

2- go into your camera app and clear the cache and data and see if that fixes the problem. settings-applications-all. after that pull the battery for a couple minutes and then power it back on.

post if this does or doesnt fix the problem.

• 2. Re: Photos look double exposed
    Levi4u Master

1-I Agree, Who would want Justin Bieber CD's. LOL JK!

2-Try this if it happens again, Push on the camera lens and try more pics, I've seen reports that the camera lens can come loose from the motherboard and can cause this issue.

• 3. Re: Photos look double exposed
    fireguy_6364 Master

I think that's usually for a pink hue though. Distorted like that I have never seen before. Or heard of that I remember.

• 4. Photos look double exposed
    TYNEE2 Newbie

I had that same problem and I took it to the Sprint store and they told me it was a software error. They reset my phone back to the original factory settings. That was almost a year ago and no problems yets.

• 5. Re: Photos look double exposed
    elpdsm Newbie

I am having the very same problem. I tried the things listed above, but it has not helped. It's happened randomly before, but this evening it is happening every time I use the zoom feature. Any suggestions (other than the obvious - don't use the zoom feature) ? 

• 6. Photos look double exposed
    LWhittemore Newbie

I have only had my phone a few months and have the same camera issue. It's a shame because the pictures are good until it superimposes them. I hadn't noticed the connection to zoom so I'll have to watch that and may check out the store for a software fix. Can't hurt. Thanks for the tips.

• 7. Re: Photos look double exposed
    wloner Newbie

Go to camera settings, scroll up to "auto enhance" and turn it off.

• 8. Re: Photos look double exposed
    Mr.Sprintastic Sprint Employee

KJM17,

As Levi4u stated first I would try firmly pressing on the lens as The HTC EVO is prone to the lens coming unseated.  Second I would try going to Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All tab>Camera>Clear data.  If you are still having issues then we would be looking at completing a hard reset on the device back to factory defaults. Steps for this process are as follows:

Please note that all data will be deleted from the HTC EVO 4G as a result of this procedure. This process does NOT delete data stored on the microSD card. We recommend backing up all of your personal data before proceeding.

1. 1.Turn the power off. If your HTC EVO 4G is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
    2. 2.Hold the Volume Down button
    3. 3.Press and release the Power button
    4. 4.You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
    5. 5.Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
    6. 6.Press and release the Power button
    7. 7.Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO

If you selected YES, all data including third-party applications will be deleted from the HTC EVO 4G. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.

Thanks,

-Ron

• 9. Re: Photos look double exposed
    rpkitche Newbie

To fix photos that messed up, I found a solution that worked for me.

Note: This will only work on the photos that look good as a thumbnail.

1. Download and run Irfranview
    2. Click File -> Thumbnails
    3. Browse to where the problem photos are located
    4. Click Options -> Set Thumbnail options
    5. Change Thumbnail size: to 800x800
    6. Take a screen shot by hitting the print screen button on the keyboard
    7. Paste into Paint
    8. Crop area to photo, and save

BadPhotoEvo4g.jpg

ThumbnailCapture.jpg

• 10. Re: Photos look double exposed
    fireguy_6364 Master

the OP was talking about the pics looking like that through the phone itself.

• 11. Re: Photos look double exposed
    rpkitche Newbie

When my phone had similar issue the pictures look screwed up on the phone and on the computer.  The only way I could fix the images was the above solution. 

For some reason thumbnail images look fine, but when expanded they look like they are double exposed.

• 12. Re: Photos look double exposed
    fireguy_6364 Master

which means if the problem at the phone gets fixed then you wont see it once it gets to the computer...

only 2 solutions were ever found...depending on which issue it was either putting pressure to the camera lens would resolve it (in some cases the lens itself seperated from the phone causing issues like this) or by doing a FR (factory reset) which the cause was due to a software problem

• 13. Re: Photos look double exposed
    klkarcher Newbie

My camera was doing the "pink-solar flare" thing, and I followed your instructions, plus pressed on the camera lens, and now it looks fine again!  Thank you all that post on this forum with solutions and save me oodles of time from going to the store for service!

• 14. Re: Photos look double exposed
    fireguy_6364 Master

no worries..its what these forums are for...to help customers with their phone issues...and to help deter them from beiber cd's

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points