This discussion is archived
9 Replies Latest reply: Aug 13, 2012 11:59 PM by 4GLTE RSS

dropped calls for last 5 days in zip 77584

TammyDelicious Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I have called Sprint customer service a number of times to complain about my calls getting dropped, but I can't get a full conversation in without dropping the call.  I live in Pearland, TX and have had this problem for 5 days.  My husband is also on my plan and having the same problems.  Internet is in and out as well....so far the only thing that seems to work ok is Text messaging.

• 1. Re: dropped calls for last 5 days in zip 77584
    Markie_B Sprint Employee

TammyDelicious,

I am sorry you are having these issues. I checked our network just based on the zip code provided and there are no voice related outages. However, we are experiencing 3G outages in your area but that only effects Boost devices. On the 9th of March we experienced problems in the Houston area 3G Browsing (Out of service) and that outage has been closed. Are your dropped calls indoors or everywhere? 

Markie_B

• 2. Re: dropped calls for last 5 days in zip 77584
    TammyDelicious Newbie

The dropped calls seem to be happening everywhere.  However, I haven't gone many places since I had surgery on Friday.  We had a huge storm over the weekend so I figured there was a problem due to that, but I expected it to be fixed by now. I have the HTC 3D and my husband has the Evo Shift.  I have updated all the software, taken the battery out, and done all I can think of.....but I even drop calls when I call my voicemail.  The internet is sparce, and slow when I do get it.

• 3. Re: dropped calls for last 5 days in zip 77584
    fireguy_6364 Master

hey mark she also stopped off at a sprint store and was advised that the issue isnt just with them.

figured i would throw that in there. can a repair store or any sprint store start a ticket for a tower issue if theyre getting multiple walk in and call in reports of the same issue with different phones in a certain area?

• 4. Re: dropped calls for last 5 days in zip 77584
    tomdeaver Sprint Employee

Hello and thank you for reporting this issue.  We need to report this problem to our network teams.  The tower in Pearland, TX has had "active alarms" in the past 30 days and engineers are servicing and monitoring the status of this tower, but we need more specific examples of the problems customers may be experiencing.  You can private message me by clicking on my avatar.  I'm available through 9PM CST, March 14, 2012. 

Tom

• 5. Re: dropped calls for last 5 days in zip 77584
    tomdeaver Sprint Employee

If you don't happen to see this message until after 9PM tonight, you can always private message any one of the buzz techs.  Just look for avatars with the "Sprint" logo under their picture and click. 

• 6. Re: dropped calls for last 5 days in zip 77584
    fireguy_6364 Master

was that to me or tammy?

only reason i posted in here is i have been working with her in the EVO 3D forums so i have a lil more info than you guys have at the moment and her hearing that from the sprint store she went to was somewhat needed in here.

• 7. Re: dropped calls for last 5 days in zip 77584
    arar123 Newbie

Dont belive anything sprint tells you, I was told the same exact thing that tomdeaver posted and live in a diffrent area then you and it seems towers are having issue everywhere and nothing is being resolved. I dont thinks sprint even know what there talking about there just telling everyone the same thing

• 8. Re: dropped calls for last 5 days in zip 77584
    AMANDAH1970 Newbie

ALL I CAN SAY IS DIDDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! POOR POOR SERVICE IN NW FLORIDA TOO.  MOVING ON TO ATT WHEN MY CONTACT IS OUT ON ALL 4 PHONES.

• 9. Re: dropped calls for last 5 days in zip 77584
    4GLTE Newbie

well i signed up with sprint just for the 4G LTE in 77583 zip code and guess what i get on my Samsung Nexus.

I get a coverage map of the best possible 4G LTE     WOOHOO!!!......but my phone says 3G 1 BAR........... ***

Talk about super speeds..........................psh

0.20download and 0.10upload if im lucky!

WOW i think dial up is faster then that.

Amazing speed thanks sprint for your amazing coverage map! I'm spending $110 a month for dropped calls, lost signal, phone dieing due to the nexus searching for signal constantly eating up battery life.

Btw the Nexus gets super hot in the back ...not regular hot or just warm ... I MEAN HOT! the battery dies within 2 hours searching for signals, i gotta put it in airplane mode and use it as a paperweight.

Sprint your amazing!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points