This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 14, 2012 8:57 PM by papahood68 RSS

Ported number from Boost now can't receive plain text messages from Verizon numbers

papahood68 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

My number ported over Monday morning march 5th..since then i don't receive text messages from anyone i know that has a verizon number. i've waited the standard 72 hrs and still nothing. I even told the last rep i had on the phone about the routing issue i came across on this forum and they claim they looked into it and everything looked good as far as that goes....but i wonder. All they keep doing is starting up new tickets nd not solving anything. is there anyone out there who can help with this or actually has the knowledge of what is going on here?...please help..i'm payin for something i'm not getting!

• 1. Re: Ported number from Boost now can't receive plain text messages from Verizon numbers
    papahood68 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated

Well after calling sprint **** near everyday for the last week, it has finally been fixed. Anyone that may have the same problem should push to get thru to a high level of support. It turns out that there is a routing issue with an inter carrier called metcalf. They handle sms messages from carrier to carrier. It wasn't until i finally got thru to a high level of support that the issue finally was resolved the first time i talked to someone.. The customer reps that answer the phone start up tickets that are supposed to resolve the issue themselves or that's what i was told anyway and when they don't you finally reach a higher level of support. If you think this is what's going on with you i would push everyday till they connect you...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...