This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2012 12:46 PM by kylesmomma RSS

Cradlepoint CTR35 router and U301 Broadband connection issue

kylesmomma Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Is anyone else having issues with their Cradlepoint routers connecting to the U301 broadband cards? I purchased a Cradlepoint CTR35 router recently and it didn't work properly so I was told by Cradlepoint support to return the router and get a replacement as it was defective. The replacement worked for about a day before it quit recognizing that the broadband card was installed. The card works fine in my computer and the router connects to my computer via WiFi but I believe the U301broadband card updated and hence the issue but I am not sure. Does anyone else have a card that worked fine but after the last update, it doesn't any longer? Cradlepoint support has no clue why it's not working since it hasn't been an issue and suggests that I return this one for a replacement and I really don't want to do that if there is a programming setup issue with the card. Both the router and the card have the most current updates so I am very frustrated. Suggestions on a solution would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely, Kyle's Mom

• 1. Re: Cradlepoint CTR35 router and U301 Broadband connection issue
    RC1024 Sprint Employee

Hello kylesmomma, A few pieces of information that could help. first which version of Sprint smartview do you have on your computer? and while in 3g mode which firmware do you see in tools > mobile info? in your router's admin page which firmware version does the router have?

• 2. Re: Cradlepoint CTR35 router and U301 Broadband connection issue
    kylesmomma Newbie

Thank you RC1024 for responding. Here are the answers to the best of my knowledge.

"first which version of Sprint smartview do you have on your computer?" It has the version that came with the U301 USB broadband modem. version 2.50.0094.0

"in your router's admin page which firmware version does the router have?" The most current version for the router... 3.5 for the CTR35

"while in 3g mode which firmware do you see in tools > mobile info?"

untitled.bmp

Any help with this situation would be greatly appreciated since the alternative is returning the router which I truely wish to have. Thanks! :-)

• 3. Re: Cradlepoint CTR35 router and U301 Broadband connection issue
    RC1024 Sprint Employee

Thank you for the reply kylesmomma, after reviewing the situation I would say that ptotentially the WiMax drivers within the router are out of date, This article at cradlepoint may be helpful.

• 4. Re: Cradlepoint CTR35 router and U301 Broadband connection issue
    kylesmomma Newbie

Thanks for your reply RC1024.

Two things about this article that I am currently taking note of. One, my router isn't listed in the article and two, even though I have a 3G/4G modem, I only have 3G service at my home where it is being used and that is what I use to connect to the internet. I will see if it makes a difference if I can change the setting but the router doesn't even recognize that the modem is plugged in much less attempt to access the sprint network. The modem works when directly connected to my laptop but not in the router.

I will let you know how it goes. KM

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points