1 5 6 7 8 9 25 Previous Next 372 Replies Latest reply: Dec 20, 2012 4:05 PM by C4C Go to original post RSS
  • 90. Re: Bring the Samsung Galaxy NOTE (JOURNAL) to Sprint -- Pretty Pretty Please !!!!
    SA_twospirits Bronze Expert
    Currently Being Moderated

Unless Sprint manages to have Samsung make a Wimax/LTE/3G version, the phone would only be capable of getting LTE/3G signals. LTE in areas that Sprint has deployed (or going to deploy) LTE. Everywhere else the phone can be used in 3G mode. Sprint has already established a 4G LTE in the southern outskirts of Chicago but that is still a ways from you. Sprint is agressively getting alot of areas set up for LTE, so even if the Note comes out in June, by the end of the year there should be quite a few areas with LTE.

TS

• 91. Re: Bring the Samsung Galaxy NOTE (JOURNAL) to Sprint -- Pretty Pretty Please !!!!
    santaclaus007 Valued Member

At this point in time, no one should be purchasing a phone with a 2 year limited lifespan,  Back in January, we decided to get a smart phone, we found the Samsung Epic 4 Touch and were going to get that, however we thought that $199 was a high price to pay, then we found it for 99, and even a week at $49 a great deal, except we also began reading the Sprint Forums, and I could not see spending any money for a phone that would be good for only 2 years or so if bought this year.  I thought about the Galaxy Nexus, with Ice Cream Sandwich, but even the Epic 4 Touch will have Ice Cream Sandwich, and a better camera, but not LTE 4G just WiMax 4g, and that only untill Sprint decides it will not support "2" 4G networks, and just support LTE.  Why would anyone today purchase any phone that is good for a couple of years.   Waiting for the Note is worth the wait, and it needs to come out soon.  If we were smart consumers, we would be not purchasing any phone from Sprint now unless it was LTE, after all we all will get 3 G, and will eventually get 4G LTE, as no more 4G Wimax networks will be opening up soon, especially if you don't have it by now.  Spending $199 for a phone from Sprint with a limited life span is nuts, you might as well wait for the month or so and spend a bit extra and get a better phone, with 4G LTE capability and not throw your money away!

• 92. Re: Bring the Samsung Galaxy NOTE (JOURNAL) to Sprint -- Pretty Pretty Please !!!!
    TimPezz Regular Visitor

I'm not confident Sprint will be rolling out LTE any time soon.

• 93. Re: Bring the Samsung Galaxy NOTE (JOURNAL) to Sprint -- Pretty Pretty Please !!!!
    orchidsdance Regular Visitor

I could honestly care less about 4g/LTE.  I dont have it where I live and it wont make a difference to me if I do get it.  Right now I have the Evo 4g and I love it... but I want bigger and better.  I want the Galaxy Note.  I love the idea of the s-pen and the fact that it has a wacom digitizer... thats just awesome to me.  Plus I am an avid reader and want the larger screen for that.  I talked to a Sprint rep over the chat on the website about the note and was told that if I waited and contacted them in April, that I would get the phone I want.  The rep never said specifically that the Note was coming to Sprint... just that I would get what I wanted in April.  I have read of similar things being said to other Sprint customers.  Hopefully we will see the Note on Sprint soon.  My upgrade is available in April... so I am crossing myfingers.

• 94. Re: Bring the Samsung Galaxy NOTE (JOURNAL) to Sprint -- Pretty Pretty Please !!!!
    Th3Phoenix Silver Expert

TimPezz wrote:

I'm not confident Sprint will be rolling out LTE any time soon.

Tim, check http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1-the-wall/

• 95. Re: Bring the Samsung Galaxy NOTE (JOURNAL) to Sprint -- Pretty Pretty Please !!!!
    aliciaa75 Regular Visitor

I don't care about 4g neither, I was just hoping that the phone is capable of 3g and 4g..I don't have 4g where I live and I don't mind that at all. Orchidsdance, I didn't know that you could talk to a rep from Sprint and do that. I do plan to talk to someone about what I can do soon. I just would love to get this phone. The display is very nice and I'm big on being on the web and such and that is what this phone is for. I currently have the EVO 4g and I love it...but its been having so many problems for the past couple of months, I'm kindof getting sick of it.

I just hope sprint does get this phone, I'd be very happy if they do! (Keeping my fingers crossed) (:

• 96. Re: Bring the Samsung Galaxy NOTE (JOURNAL) to Sprint -- Pretty Pretty Please !!!!
    RayRae03 Regular Visitor

Is anybody still holding on to their phones for two years? You do have a good point though.

• 97. Re: Bring the Samsung Galaxy NOTE (JOURNAL) to Sprint -- Pretty Pretty Please !!!!
    aliciaa75 Regular Visitor

I plan to wait until the LTE phones start to come out. He does have a good point though too, I agree. But I plan to wait until (hopefully) this phone comes to sprint because I'll drop my EVO in a heartbeat for this phone...I feel it is worth the wait too. and I will be sitting here patiently waiting for this phone to come out..if not something BIGGER and BETTER than my EVO

• 98. Re: Bring the Samsung Galaxy NOTE (JOURNAL) to Sprint -- Pretty Pretty Please !!!!
    scQQcs Regular Visitor

I haven't used the same phone for 2 yrs straight in the 12 yrs I've been with Sprint.  I'm usually thoroughly bored with a phone when it hits the 6 mo. mark of ownership. I thought my Evo would be a keeper, then the E3D hit which I got but I couldn't force myself to like it.  That phone felt more like a downgrade from the Evo.

I immediately got the Photon which BTW is a phenomenal phone yet the boredom kicked in so I gave it away only to get the white SGSIIE4GT.  Currently I am loving this phone--maybe due to the screen being bigger/brighter than the Photon. 

I can only hope Sprint comes out with their variant of the Galaxy Note cause I"ll be all over it in a heartbeat. 

• 99. Re: Bring the Samsung Galaxy NOTE (JOURNAL) to Sprint -- Pretty Pretty Please !!!!

its funny, but I also thought the EVO would be the phone to keep for the full 2 year contract, but nope. I also got that itch. And when I saw the Photon, I went for it. Its the reason why I keep 2 lines for phones and set them one year apart contract wise. This way I can always upgrade in a years time without having to pay a ETF.

TS

• 100. Re: Bring the Samsung Galaxy NOTE (JOURNAL) to Sprint -- Pretty Pretty Please !!!!
    RayRae03 Regular Visitor

I have had My EVO 4G for almost 1 1/2 years now and I love my phone but it just doesn't grab me any more and the speed compared to these other new phones, just is not there. I use my phone Heavily and rely on it heavily wimax was cool for its time, but even being available for an upgrade, i am not biting. I am waiting patiently for the LTE to come online and then I will make my move. Hopefully on the journal/note or whatever sprint is going to call it. really like the sgsII but i figure if the journal/note doesn't come to sprint, hopefull the SGSIII Will!

• 101. Re: Bring the Samsung Galaxy NOTE (JOURNAL) to Sprint -- Pretty Pretty Please !!!!
    jasonmdarr Newbie

That would be sweet if the Note was announced in April! Please be true! Im not too impressed with the nexus.

• 102. Re: Bring the Samsung Galaxy NOTE (JOURNAL) to Sprint -- Pretty Pretty Please !!!!

Well according to this article the Galaxy Nexus is being released on April 1st so that falls in line to what I've been thinking that Sprint has to showcase a major phone at CTIA in May. If what the article states is true and the Nexus comes out in April then I believe it will be the Note that would be announced at CTIA in May and then to be released soon thereafter sometime in June/July.

TS

• 103. Re: Bring the Samsung Galaxy NOTE (JOURNAL) to Sprint -- Pretty Pretty Please !!!!
    scQQcs Regular Visitor

I was also told to expect something nice in April when I inquired about the Note.  I am not interested in a Nexus--not one little bit.

• 104. Re: Bring the Samsung Galaxy NOTE (JOURNAL) to Sprint -- Pretty Pretty Please !!!!
    lanenubia Regular Visitor

I really would like to have a Note on Sprint, but not sure I can wait much longer.  Also, I hope today's article is an exageration.  If its true then that may mean a longer delay for the Note (presumably LTE) coming to Sprint.

http://iphone5newsblog.com/2012/03/20/bad-news-for-sprints-prospect-of-a-successful-4g-lte-iphone-5-launch/

Bad News For Sprint’s Prospect of a Successful 4G LTE iPhone 5 Launch

Posted by Michael Nace on Tuesday Mar 20, 2012 Under iPhone 5 News

Last year, Sprint hung a great deal of hope on its upcoming 4G network and the iPhone. Now, however, analysts say that the 4G LTE iPhone 5 could potentially deep-six America’s third-largest mobile carrier.

Last year when the iPhone 4S launched, I remember tuning in to Sprint’s press conference just after the 4S launched. While Sprint CEO Dan Hesse gushed about gaining the iPhone, the press conference was much more focused on Sprint’s 2012 4G network rollout, boasting of a rash of new 4G LTE devices and a much stronger 4G network than what Sprint currently holds with its 3G network. If you look back at that article, there was a lot of excitement and hope in what 2012 would bring for Sprint.

And yet, at that time, analysts fretted over whether or not Sprint’s new 4G network could really hold up under the weight of a possible 4G LTE iPhone 5 release. We wrote an article about it, and now it appears that those fears are coming true.

According to Forbes, Sprint how has an alarming 50% chance of bankruptcy, and the prospect of handling (or mishandling) a 4G LTE iPhone 5 seems to be the driving thrust for Sprint’s possible death knell: ”We believe an LTE iPhone will likely be badly disadvantaged on Sprint’s network, potentially impairing sales … at a time when Sprint is subject to a punishing take-or-pay deal with Apple,” Forbes quoted Moffett as writing. “The problem is 4G. Sprint doesn’t have enough free-and-clear spectrum on which to launch a competitive LTE network, and it doesn’t have the money to clear spectrum that’s already in use. We expect Sprint’s competitiveness to begin to backslide when LTE becomes the nation’s de facto standard.”

This is a horrible report for Sprint, and its customers, who are excited about the iPhone 5. If Moffett’s predictions are true, one wonders if Sprint would offer the iPhone 5 without 4G connectivity — or no iPhone 5 at all? If it was determined that the iPhone 5 would hurt more than help, there’s no way that Sprint would release a product that would destroy it.

And there is reason to believe that this could be a possible scenario for Sprint and the iPhone 5. After all, where is the iPad 3? Where is the Samsung Galaxy Note? These are this year’s two premier 4G devices, and neither are available on Sprint. It’s a bad sign — an ill omen that 4G isn’t going so well at Sprint.

It’s easy to dismiss Sprint as a viable carrier for Apple products, since AT&T and Verizon garner such a large percentage of the U.S. coverage for the iPhone and iPad. But there’s more bound up in the success of Sprint than making shareholders happy; millions of Sprint customers choose the third-largest network mainly for its value pricing, and don’t necessarily want to jump ship in order to own an iPhone 5 or iPad 3. However, as popularity of the iPad 3 and excitement over the iPhone 5 continue to grow, Sprint will see major churn in its subscribership if they don’t get their 4G straight.

By Michael Nace

1 5 6 7 8 9 25 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...