This discussion is archived
9 Replies Latest reply: Apr 5, 2012 3:51 PM by bigojac RSS

Keyboard Phone

Matt-Shocker Valued Member
Currently Being Moderated

What is the best smartphone with a physical keyboard currently offered?

Thank you

• 1. Keyboard Phone
    abe2020 Sprint Employee

There are couple of phones with keyboard available.Please visit Sprint.Com for more info http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/phone_wall.jsp?ECID=CHP_PhonesTab_Link_AllPhones&ECID=vanity:phones

Samsung Epic 4G The Samsung Epic 4G is Sprint's top keyboarded smartphone, and it's the right choice for power users who like physical buttons./

HTC EVO Shift 4G- The HTC EVO Shift 4G is a powerful alternative to the EVO 4G on Sprint, and gives hardware keyboard fans another choice besides the

the Samsung Epic 4G.

Abe

• 2. Keyboard Phone

Thanks for your response.  My wife is insisting on a physical keyboard on her next phone.  The original Epic while boasting nice hardware is getting old; the salesperson at the store told me it would be discontinued soon.  The Evo shift has less then stellar hardware.  I was curious what other phones would be recommended.  The salesperson at the store recommend the transfrom ultra but that appears to have lower specs & no 4G (which is in my area) but I took that as a step down from the original Epic.

• 3. Keyboard Phone
    abe2020 Sprint Employee

Matt-Shocker-I would suggest you to visit Sprint.Com and check for the existing Phone Models which has a Keyboard and other Specifications which best suites your needs..http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/phone_wall.jsp?ECID=CHP_PhonesTab_Link_AllPhones&ECID=vanity:phones and also you can visit out Sprint LTE site to see upcoming LTE phones. http://www.sprint.com/landings/lte/index.html?ECID=vanity:lte

Abe

• 4. Re: Keyboard Phone
    VonRugen Newbie

I'm actually scouring this board for any news of a competent smartphone on the horizon that has a physical keyboard; I'm seeing a lot of trash talk about the Samsung's Android version lifecycle, and I currently have a Evo Shift 4G, which appears to be gettting no further Android updates.  Seems like us physical keyboard old-***** are getting the back seat.

The problem I'm seeing is that the phones appear to be designed to have a 12 month life-span.  No one's thinking it's wasteful to design a phone that's able to keep up with the OS for more than a few months.

• 5. Re: Keyboard Phone
    Shane_M Sprint Employee

VonRugen,

Don't worry, you're not alone, there's a lot of people who prefer the physical keyboard so I'm sure we will have upcoming smart phones with physical keyboards. As for your other comment, Google acknowledged last summer there were flaws in their current OS model and they're looking to reduce the fragmentation and reign in their software a little more which will hopefully increase the software life-span capability of their devices.

Click here to see the latest news on our Network Vision updates!

• 6. Re: Keyboard Phone

VonRugen wrote:

I'm actually scouring this board for any news of a competent smartphone on the horizon that has a physical keyboard; I'm seeing a lot of trash talk about the Samsung's Android version lifecycle, and I currently have a Evo Shift 4G, which appears to be gettting no further Android updates.  Seems like us physical keyboard old-***** are getting the back seat.

The problem I'm seeing is that the phones appear to be designed to have a 12 month life-span.  No one's thinking it's wasteful to design a phone that's able to keep up with the OS for more than a few months.

It's more like an 18 month life cycle.  The thought behind that is to convince you to upgrade your phone and renew you contract after 2 years.  I bought a pair of Galaxy Epic S2 4g touches and told my wife that if she didn't like her's after a week then I'd return it.  She is very happy with it.  I'm not sure if they will ever get ICS but even if not we love the phones over our old POS Intercepts.

• 7. Re: Keyboard Phone
    Venom01x Valued Member

Hello.  Best physical keyboard is the HTC Arrive.  Not only do you get a better physical keyboard but the OS is far superior that anything Android.  Just looks at the ratings.  Its Sprint only Windows Phone and is also they highest rated phone Sprint currently has to offer.  i have been quite please with it.

• 8. Re: Keyboard Phone
    dshoem01 Gold Expert

I am still hanging onto my Epic for this exact reason.  I have heard the Epic Touch is very easy to use...even for those of us who want our 'buttons'! 

• 9. Re: Keyboard Phone
    bigojac Newbie

and would you know exactly where one could make suggestions to sprint directly, on investing in more smart phones with physical keyboards. It seems they are unaware that thier is a demand for them. I have been holding onto my palm pre for 2 yrs for this very reason. the few they put out seem to often be lacking in features in that seems otherwise would be there if not for the key board. take the HTC EVO SHIFT for example. watered down versin of the original evo with the addition of a keyboard. they shrunk the screen, loward the camera resolution, and were lacking quite a few other features. I do a lot of work on my phone that requires a lot of data entry and the virtual keyboards (yes the I phone also) just dont cut it,for heavy use. to many typos. something like the motorola android on verizon seems FULLY loaded yet still includes a physical keybaord. so i would like to know where i can directly let them know that thier is customer interest in these products

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...