1 2 3 Previous Next 36 Replies Latest reply: Jul 20, 2012 2:35 AM by endlessgadgets Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Unsatisfied customer, Motorola Photon Bluetooth Doesn't Stay Synced, Sprint nor Motorola Will help....
    RetiredDoc Regular Visitor
    Currently Being Moderated

Donnie-wish I could verify fix but I have Samsung Epic 4G Touch.

• 16. Re: Unsatisfied customer, Motorola Photon Bluetooth Doesn't Stay Synced, Sprint nor Motorola Will help....
    marreroe1985 Regular Visitor

ive tried that before, it helps, but the problem is intermitten, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. Its hard to reproduce the problem when the tech support keeps telling me to factory reset my phone. Im not even going to bother anymore. I contacted sprint, and i told them me and my wife have the exact same problems.Its either they swap out our phones or im paying the etf. Im not willing to tolerate this [..]anymore. Ive been a loyal customers for years now. After all these years of collecting money from me, you would think they would say....Gee this guy has never had a problem till he upgraded his phone to the motorola photon, since he's been having problems with this phone from day 1, maybe we can just swap it out for him. Im suppossed to get a phone call on tuesday from a manager. The rep told me maybe they can give me my 2 year upgrade early. I dont want a 2 year upgrade, i just want a working phone. I should have never given up my samsung epic 4g. That phone was the best phone ive ever had!!!! If this phone is so great, sprint, why dont you take it back and give me a different phone. Here's a thought, just swap my photon 4g for the epic 4g without making me extend my contract!!!!

Message was edited by: mapesy

• 17. Re: Unsatisfied customer, Motorola Photon Bluetooth Doesn't Stay Synced, Sprint nor Motorola Will help....
    KELLYLOGANZEN Newbie

I am using a Photon 4G, currently on Android 2.3.4, System version 45.3.6.MB855.Sprint.en.US

I use bluetooth to connect to my 2011 VW Golf sound system.  It is a paired option on my system's menu.  When the car is started, it runs through the list of options (my phone, then my girlfriend's, then my son's) to find one that is available.  If my phone's bluetooth is active, it tries to connect.  This provides both phone options and the 'player' that connects the audio (mic and speaker) to the car's audio.  If the BT-Media option on the audio system is chosen, it will play the current sound if any, or try to start playing the current application connected to audio.  I primarily use Google Listen to play podcasts, and do so with previously downloaded files, not streaming so no data connection is required.

When the phone rang, the audio menu switches allowed the call to be picked up.  The phone book download would occur several seconds after the initial bluetooth connection.

At first (many months ago), the issue was that the phone options would connect, but the 'player' would not.  Manually connect of the player would not work.  Sometimes turning off the bluetooth on the phone (disconnecting the car system), then turning it back on and manually connecting worked.  When it didn't, and the phone was connected, but the player wasn't, I did find that making a call using the car audio menu seemed to make a difference, and could manually connect the player after that.

Then things got worse.  Sometimes even the phone bluetooth wouldn't connect - the car would report "Connection not possible".  The car would connect readily to my girlfriend and son's phones though (also Androids but running 2.2 instead of 2.3).  Cycling the bluetooth off then on sometimes fixed this, sometimes not.

At some point the phone menu options stopped working to pick up a call.  When a call came in with bluetooth active, the menu buttons would not pick up the call and the phone controls would have to be used.  Note that the call audio was still working, both speaker and mic, after the call was picked up.  Also the player would intermittently disconnect, for no discernible reason.

Then the car player would intermittently seem to connect (the phone audio would cease through the phone speaker and volume changes on the phone would bring up the bluetooth audio control display), but the controls were unresponsive and seemed disconnected - when the phone audio was playing, the car control would be at pause, and vice versa.  If the car audio play was hit, it would seem to play for a few seconds though the speakers were silent, then it would go back to paused.  Around this time the phonebook started taking several minutes to download to the car as well.  Sometimes if I ignored this for five, ten minutes, the phone audio would start playing through the car speakers, but later in the podcast, as if the system had activated the player the way it should from the start, but wasn't receiving the audio signal.

Also, as this got worse, the entire bluetooth connection (phone as well) would just drop after 10-20 minutes of trying to get the player working, or of just letting it sit.  This also happened during several critical business calls where I had to scramble for the phone, disconnect bluetooth and pick up the conversation again over the phone.

Now this is no longer an intermittent issue.  For the last several days I have been completely unable to get my phone to connect.  Other people's phones still work fine, so I can't see how this is an issue with the car system (which also has not changed).

I will try some options and let you know what I find:

My Data Saver was on - I have turned it off

Battery Mode was Maximum - I have changed it to Performance.

• 18. Re: Unsatisfied customer, Motorola Photon Bluetooth Doesn't Stay Synced, Sprint nor Motorola Will help....
    orfishnhunt Newbie

I have been having the same issue. The BT headset would operate just fine then all the sudden stop. The headset would then alert me to an error some kind by beeping in my ear after a minute or 2. I am using an LG-HBS-200 BT headset. When I look at the BT menu on the phone under normal playback conditions it says "Connected to phone and media audio". When the error happens is says "Connected to phone audio". I used these on my old Droid (the original) and the Evo without issue. According the headphones status lights, it has a link disconnect. To fix the issue, I disconnect the headset in the phone's BT menu and reconnect. Some times I have to turn off the BT on the phone and headset and reconnect. Faster than rebooting. But annoying none the less. Since this happens over a span of time, I think this is a hardware issue more than a software issue. Usually the software will reconnect automatically.

I love everything about this phone except this one thing. I agree with everyone here. Sprint needs to make good on this. Sprint expects to get paid every month by us. We expect to buy working products. Sprint is getting paid. Pony Sprint up to either fix the issue or replace the units with compariable models in features. You will loose customers because of this. I am already unhappy your cost for the service I get.

• 19. Re: Unsatisfied customer, Motorola Photon Bluetooth Doesn't Stay Synced, Sprint nor Motorola Will help....
    KELLYLOGANZEN Newbie

I checked the support page, and went through the troubleshooting steps, including the profile update.  Interestingly, after this, the first time I tried Bluetooth in my car it worked perfectly - The radio connected right away, the audio played through and the player did not drop connection.  I made one stop on the way home, turning off the car, and when I got back in, nothing worked anymore.  I haven't been able to get a connection since.

Note that changing the Data Saver and Battery Mode made no difference.

It certainly seems like either the Bluetooth stack gets corrupted and stays that way (cycling power did not affect) until something like a system reset (in this case updating profile) fixes it temporarily.  Perhaps its a common program that interferes with it?  I have been noticing increasing delays in general on the phone, buttons that do not respond, and applications will time out on startup - is anyone else with the problem seeing this as well?

I'm going to try removing non-system programs (including Google Listen) and see if that makes a difference.

• 20. Re: Unsatisfied customer, Motorola Photon Bluetooth Doesn't Stay Synced, Sprint nor Motorola Will help....
    mapesy Sprint Admin

marreroe1985

I am understand from your posts that you are frustrated, and I'm sorry.

I need to note, however, to please refrain from using all capitals in your posts as per the community guidelines.

Thanks,

mapesy

• 21. Re: Unsatisfied customer, Motorola Photon Bluetooth Doesn't Stay Synced, Sprint nor Motorola Will help....
    NAMBIANS Newbie

I have to tell you people, I have NONE of the problems that you're dealing with. I'm running Cyanogen Mod 0.4.2.1 Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.3). I can switch between BT Headphones, BT headset, and Mice/Keyboards all without a problem. Not sure what y'all are doing with your phones but it sounds as if your settings are not right or there's something else not allowing the connections.  You might want to try Avast or LookOut and scan your phones for Malware. There's a lot of that going around.

• 22. Re: Unsatisfied customer, Motorola Photon Bluetooth Doesn't Stay Synced, Sprint nor Motorola Will help....
    marreroe1985 Regular Visitor

@NAMBIANS, okay.........

Yes if you go that route, then yes your phone probably does work alot better than most other photons. However you had to use the CyanogenMod. I paid out of pocket for this phone. The phone should work without me modding it. Im sure if i rooted and unlocked it and used the latest cm9 rom or maybe something from jokersax, im sure it will work, but the point is it should work fine out of the box. Im just mad because ive been calling sprint on the phone and arguing with their tech support and customer service reps, and today 3/30/2012, they have finally decided to help me! They bought out my contract, i have 2 lines, in the end im stuck paying a discounted etf for my wifes line, but there allowing us to upgrade our phones early. So I guess thats a fair compromise. Thank you Sprint for showing some sign that you care. It would have been nice if they would have bought out both of our contracts, but 1 out of 2 isnt bad, and they discounted the etf. So all in all its not bad.

@mapesy, Okay, i wont caps. lock everything. Funny enough i didnt even think sprint was watching these forums till you responded. The only "sprint" techs to msg me, only wanted me to assist with an error log. That tells me, im not the only on who has issues.

Nothing personnal boys and girls, but if you buy a phone it should work right. Shame on motorola for releasing it, Double the shame on sprint for allowing it to be purchased instore. The phones should be tested to meet customer satisfaction. Im not going to let this one go for the following reasons......

1.) Why would sprint release a phone to their customers and possible customers that has a "silent call issue'?

2.) If there is a blutooth connection problem, why release this phone to your customers and possible customers?

3.) Why are your techs trying to assist online, and not instore?

4.) My biggest question of all.......This is a sprint forum.....why didnt sprint attempt to reach out to me and actually try to call me? 

• 23. Re: Unsatisfied customer, Motorola Photon Bluetooth Doesn't Stay Synced, Sprint nor Motorola Will help....
    Zoltar_D Newbie

Willing to bet the "next update" will be the 3rd quarter ICS release..... 4months and the 3 replys from sprint are

1. Script - proving he didnt actually read the OP
    2. 3 months later with things we already know/usless info

3. Please dont use caps

Protip - do it better

• 24. Re: Unsatisfied customer, Motorola Photon Bluetooth Doesn't Stay Synced, Sprint nor Motorola Will help....
    KELLYLOGANZEN Newbie

I agree with marreroe1985 here - I paid a significant amount of money for a phone and service on that phone that included the ability to use Bluetooth devices.  It may be useful to support to know that this issue is not occurring on mod-d phones as that may help point to a software/OS issue rather than a hardware one, but it is still a support issue.  Paid customer services are not being delivered.

To follow up on another point you brought up though, I have been running Lookout since the first month I started using my phone, and it has never reported any issues.

Why is Sprint not servicing their customers?

• 25. Re: Unsatisfied customer, Motorola Photon Bluetooth Doesn't Stay Synced, Sprint nor Motorola Will help....
    Stingly Newbie

I'm having this same BT issue but trying to utilize my new Liveview from Sony.  It's apparent that my Liveview is always trying to pair with my phone every 10 minutes.  After looking, the phone has its own built in task manager/killer but I have disabled this for my app.  I have also made different adjustments so now my BT connections have been stable but still not 100%.  The fix needs to go in as I've been a loyal customer 10+ years.

• 26. Re: Unsatisfied customer, Motorola Photon Bluetooth Doesn't Stay Synced, Sprint nor Motorola Will help....
    Ava121609 Newbie

I am having the same problem also.  I just purchased a new bluetooth thinking that it was the old one that caused the problems.  I have been trying to get the new one to work all day.  It pairs and says it is connected but no audio, only a click when the call is made.  I tried changing the battery mode like someone else said to do.  I do get the command and the audio is working but there is so much static I can barely hear anything.  So it is partially working but not to the point that I can use it.  I purchased my phone at Best Buy.  With the older bluetooth I took it to the store and they were able to get it to work right away.  It worked for awahile then quit.  I might try going there tomorrow again and see what happens.  Before I got a smartphone my old bluetooth worked great with my Rumor Touch.  I had no problems whatsoever.  I was on a chat with Motorola today and of course they can't fix it.  They said to take back the bluetooth but now I see that it is the phone itself.  So now how long do we have to wait until Sprint comes out with a fix?  This is absolutely ridiculous!

• 27. Re: Unsatisfied customer, Motorola Photon Bluetooth Doesn't Stay Synced, Sprint nor Motorola Will help....
    KELLYLOGANZEN Newbie

Update - Opened a support ticket and they sent me to a Sprint repair store.  The technician there ran diagnostics, found two corrupted bluetooth files, and reloaded the entire phone.  After my contacts finished reloading, I tried the phone with no extra programs, and the current base install - Same problem.

To me this says it is either a physical problem with the phone, or an issue with the current OS software load.

Now, I have to take it back in, they'll run diagnostics (Slate?) again, and order a new phone if that seems appropriate.

Has anyone else replaced their phone?  If so, has this made a difference?

• 28. Re: Unsatisfied customer, Motorola Photon Bluetooth Doesn't Stay Synced, Sprint nor Motorola Will help....
    Ava121609 Newbie

Update also - I went to Best Buy Sunday.  The manager there hooked my bluetooth up to her phone and it worked fine.  When she tried it on my Photon there was nothing but static.  So the Photon is definitely the problem.  They wanted to send my phone in (5 weeks old) and send me back a refurbished phone.  They also were going to give me a loaner phone to use while mine was sent out.  I said no because that phone would do the same thing.  Also bought a new phone, not a refurbished one.  Then I called Sprint.  They set me up with a ticket.  I called the store before I went and explained the situation.  I told her where to find the Community and read everything on there about the bluetooth problem.  I called Motorola yesterday.  They had me do a factory reset which didn't help at all.  They wanted me to send the phone back to them so they can test it.  Once again I said no.  This could take up to 3 weeks and I am without a phone.  I again called Sprint after that.  They set me up with another ticket.  So I went to the Sprint store today.  The girl there was the one I talked to yesterday.  She had read everything on the Community and agreed that there was nothing she could do and more than likely if I got another Photon it would do the same thing.  I called Motorola back today and spoke with a manager.  I am waiting for a call back from him.  He is supposed to check and see when the next update will be coming out.  He was supposed to call back several hours ago.  I really don't expect a call back.  Also Sprint was supposed to follow back today and they haven't called either.  There is nothing else to do other than wait until an update comes out.  This is extremely frustrating.  I wish I would have done more research on the phone and should have waited out the last year of my contract with my Rumor Touch and then gone with another company.  I have been with Sprint for many years and this is what you get.  Sprint and Motorola are passing the buck on each other and we are left out in the cold.

• 29. Re: Unsatisfied customer, Motorola Photon Bluetooth Doesn't Stay Synced, Sprint nor Motorola Will help....
    Pocohearts Newbie

I have had my photon for 3 months the worst phone i have ever had in my life . i am a 10 year sprint customer, I am missing alerts 5 to 10 a day. 3 calls and 2 hours on phone with motorola, 4 store visits to sprint, 2 calls to customer service, 1 live chat with sprint customer service, followed by 2 emails to sprint customer service. No solution yet........ MY SOLUTION???? I am going to AT&T

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points