This discussion is archived
1 2 3 4 Previous Next 55 Replies Latest reply: Oct 18, 2012 12:52 PM by KINGLOVE244 Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: 3g Speeds in Tallahassee
    JTMax Valued Member
    Currently Being Moderated

Tallahassee FL 9:59pm EST

NE Side of town

0406-959.png

• 16. Re: 3g Speeds in Tallahassee
    JTMax Valued Member

Tallahassee FL 8:16am EST

NE side of town

Download was close to decent but the upload completely failed for some reason.

0407-816.png

• 17. Re: 3g Speeds in Tallahassee
    JTMax Valued Member

Tallahassee FL 10:52am EST

NE side of town

0407-1052.png

• 18. Re: 3g Speeds in Tallahassee
    JTMax Valued Member

Tallahassee FL 3:14pm EST

NE side of town

0407-314.png

• 19. Re: 3g Speeds in Tallahassee
    JTMax Valued Member

Tallahassee FL 5:36pm EST

NE side of town

0407-536.png

• 20. Re: 3g Speeds in Tallahassee
    JTMax Valued Member

Tallahassee FL 7:55pm EST 04/07

NE side of town

0407-755.png

• 21. Re: 3g Speeds in Tallahassee
    JTMax Valued Member

Tallahassee FL 9:59pm EST 04/07

NE side of town

0407-959.png

• 22. Re: 3g Speeds in Tallahassee
    JTMax Valued Member

Tallahassee FL 8:20pm EST

NE side of town

0408-820.png

• 23. Re: 3g Speeds in Tallahassee
    GeekOfTexas Bronze Expert

JTMax wrote:

GeekOfTexas wrote:

I disagree. The rules allow for a lot. More than I would put up with if I was dictator. You have a right to be upset about poor network performance. But some folks post over and over and over without adding anything constructive to the conversations. I have seen those posts disappear. Probably because of this rule:

Do not rant.
    We welcome constructive criticism, but most forum topics and reviews are not the place to vent your frustrations. If you don't like a product or service, feel free to share your opinion and why you feel that way. Really need to blow off some steam? You can  post in the "Speak your mind" discussion forum.

I'd like to think that the screenshots I'm posting are constructive.  I'm not here to curse Sprint but mearly to educate people in my community that Sprint may not be the best choice for them in the Tallahssee market when it comes to data speeds.

I was replying to the other guy. Not you.

• 24. Re: 3g Speeds in Tallahassee
    GeekOfTexas Bronze Expert

JTMax wrote:

2) I'm glad to hear they are revamping the towers but its hard to see the future with Sprint when so much time has passed with very poor data speeds.  I really think Sprint should give customers the ability to break their contract without paying hundreds of dollars when they cannot supply a good product yet other carriers can.  I would love to switch carriers right now but to do so would cost me almost 350 per line (advanced phones) and with 3 lines its just not an option.

3) So, sounds like "Premium Data" means you are paying for additional data use even if you don't receive the benefits (Wait!! Is Sprint following the Social Security platform?).  Sorry, I do understand what you are saying but I still feel like I'm paying for something I cannot get in my market and I'm supporting everyone else who can take advantage of it.

4) What are sprints plans for LTE and how quickly will they get it out?  Another problem there is current phones that are 4g to my understanding will not take advantage of LTE.

2) Actually, many of your screenshots are within Sprint's advertised 3G speeds of 600K to 1.7M. Though I can see customers wanting out when they seem to consistently get 50-150K in other parts of the country. But your speeds are relatively "normal" for Sprint's EVDO.

3) Premium Data was added on rather than raising prices on all data plans. I really think Sprint messed up by calling it Premium Data and initially putting it only on 4G phones, then onto all "smartphones" even though Blackberries use very little data. However, even with "Premium Data" added on, Sprint is usually cheaper than other carriers AND is unlimited. In any case, why complain. Just decide what your needs are and compare carriers and coverage. Not only has this dead horse been beaten mercilessly, there are much more important things in life to complain about.

4) Sprint stated they will have Network Vision completed by 2013. And current Wimax phones are not compatible.

• 25. Re: 3g Speeds in Tallahassee
    Freygaritaville Newbie

Hello all, I take speedtests a lot while on Florida State University's campus, and data speeds are horrible.  So bad I can sometimes not even get a text off.  I live less than a mile from the campus, and got some pretty bad speeds for 10:30 PM at night.  I hope Sprint is able to get some better speeds, it's like they forgot they have towers in Tallahassee I'm not sure why either that my Epic 4G Touch seems to be running on EvDo Rev0?  I thought all of Sprint's Towners should be running on RevA? 

SC20120408-221754.png

• 26. Re: 3g Speeds in Tallahassee
    tbruff13 Regular Visitor

One quick comment. Have you tried to resolve this issue with call to customer support. If not you should try that. If you are having speed issues that make data service to slow for video please remember this.

Sprint is the only national carrier that still offers unlimited data. As a consequence network congestion is a real problem. Sprint is however working hard to help alleviate slow network speeds in many areas customers just have to give them time.

• 27. Re: 3g Speeds in Tallahassee
    JTMax Valued Member

GeekOfTexas wrote:

JTMax wrote:

2) I'm glad to hear they are revamping the towers but its hard to see the future with Sprint when so much time has passed with very poor data speeds.  I really think Sprint should give customers the ability to break their contract without paying hundreds of dollars when they cannot supply a good product yet other carriers can.  I would love to switch carriers right now but to do so would cost me almost 350 per line (advanced phones) and with 3 lines its just not an option.

3) So, sounds like "Premium Data" means you are paying for additional data use even if you don't receive the benefits (Wait!! Is Sprint following the Social Security platform?).  Sorry, I do understand what you are saying but I still feel like I'm paying for something I cannot get in my market and I'm supporting everyone else who can take advantage of it.

4) What are sprints plans for LTE and how quickly will they get it out?  Another problem there is current phones that are 4g to my understanding will not take advantage of LTE.

2) Actually, many of your screenshots are within Sprint's advertised 3G speeds of 600K to 1.7M. Though I can see customers wanting out when they seem to consistently get 50-150K in other parts of the country. But your speeds are relatively "normal" for Sprint's EVDO.

3) Premium Data was added on rather than raising prices on all data plans. I really think Sprint messed up by calling it Premium Data and initially putting it only on 4G phones, then onto all "smartphones" even though Blackberries use very little data. However, even with "Premium Data" added on, Sprint is usually cheaper than other carriers AND is unlimited. In any case, why complain. Just decide what your needs are and compare carriers and coverage. Not only has this dead horse been beaten mercilessly, there are much more important things in life to complain about.

4) Sprint stated they will have Network Vision completed by 2013. And current Wimax phones are not compatible.

2) The problem is that sprint has been stuck at slow speeds in my area for way to long (600k to 1.7) while the two other major careers have enjoyed very high speeds.  If I was consistently getting even 1Mbps I'd be much happier but as you can see from the screenshots its more on the low end and frequently below the 600k that you talk about as "Normal".

3)Yes, it probably was a mistake on Sprints part to call this "Premium Data" when I would consider that 5Mbps and above.  That's "Premium"!  I get that you see this as a dead horse but I do not.  Sprint calling it something other than "Premium Data" would have saved them some customer difficulty.  They really should have educated their customer service teams in the store to not call "Premium Data" 4g and also not to tell us it would be here when they sprint probably knew this wasn't going to happen anytime soon.  They just didn't want to lose customers so they allowed the little "white Lies".

4) Network Vision by 2013 "completed"...forgive me if I hold a little scepticism to this statement.

• 28. Re: 3g Speeds in Tallahassee
    JTMax Valued Member

This is an interesting reading about Sprints connection with Clearwire.  This is why I wish I had the opportunity to switch carriers in my market to avoid uncertainty.

Why Clearwire needs Sprint now more than ever

• 29. Re: 3g Speeds in Tallahassee
    JTMax Valued Member

So, we found a 4g hot spot in Tally and man!  We are so missing out!!  Why can't sprint just expand this all over the city?  Now I really feel slighted by sprint   This hot spot ends about 1 mile from my house

Tallahassee FL 8:18pm EST

Only 1 small area where this is located

4g0409-818.png

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...