This discussion is archived
14 Replies Latest reply: Apr 11, 2012 10:32 PM by JNEWMAN924 RSS

Made a fool of

JNEWMAN924 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

My Nexus S has not been working for 3 weeks now, seeing that it drops calls in various intervals or worse doesn't even make a call go through.  My husband and I have literally been transferred to countless individuals over the past 3 weeks.  We were told to call Samsung then to call Sprint and so on.  Eventually they told us to go to a 3rd party store to resolve the issue, they did nothing.  Later last night my husband spent an hour on the phone talking to 4 different people before we got somewhere.  After Sprint was talking out of both sides of their mouth about having network issues, which wouldn't be the case seeing that my husband's phone is working, we had an e ticket created for my account stating we would get a replacement phone and told to go to the Sprint Store on 210 8th ave West Dundee IL.  So about 3 hours ago we went to the store and without them even looking at our account they said they cannot do anything.  The guy did not even take the time to pull up our information before refusing to help us out all the time in front of his store manager. The tech was more worried about telling the customer to give him a very satisfied review because satisfied was seemed as failing.  The nerve of this guy, I would have no problem reviewing an individual with high marks if the service was there. So after the tech was completely rude and crass we called customer service outside of the store.  My husband had to call from his phone because after 5 minutes my called drop.  So all the while standing outside of the Sprint store my husband was on the line for 45 minutes only to be told that he could get a free month with a one year contract, we wanted the month free that we had paid for with no service.  After being humiliated in front of a store of people by a Sprint store a supervisor had told us to go to only to be treated like second class citizens, which was 10 miles out of the way we were not getting any where with the retention department.   After having to suffer through Sprint's mismanagement we demanded early upgrades for both of our phones.  Having to go to not one but two different stores that Sprint told us to go to only to be denied resolution.  After being mishandled in person, the retention manager had the gall to tell my husband that she demanded respect, all the while he was never yelling, never swearing, only speaking in a firm tone.  It's remarkable how the supervisors demand something that they cannot give themselves.  After being a loyal Sprint customer for over a decade I am going to explore other options, because I have never been treated in such a manner.  So after all that I still have a phone that doesn't work, have driven 20 miles out of my way, been humiliated in front of an entire store, spoke to 20 different people in 2 days, and cannot make a phone call all the while paying for service.  I am eagerly awaiting the phone call from the Retention Department's manager who will tell me more of the same about how sorry they are put they cannot do anything because my phone situation doesn't warrant it.  I agree with the phone situation not warranting an upgrade but the total lack of customer service on the phone and store level is completely inexcusable and reprehensible. 

• 1. Re: Made a fool of
    DONALIEN Silver Expert

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Do you know if this issue is limited to just the Nexus S? If it's happening to more than one device, the problem is a coverage problem, which I can look into if you send me a private message with your address. If the store was not able to help you, they should have provided a reason. I can think of three possibilities.

1. If the Sprint store is not a repair center, they aren't equipped to diagnose phones. You can view Sprint stores and whether they have a repair center at http://www.sprint.com/storelocator
    2. If you do not have TEP, there would be a service fee, and if you don't pay the fee, they may not be able to help you.
    3. If a device has physical or liquid damage, which is not covered by the manufacturer, the repair center would not be able to help you.

If you suspect it's a network issue, please send me a private message with your address so I can look into it for you.

-Donnie

• 2. Re: Made a fool of

Well Donnie,

First of all i did not pick the location either one of the two times, it was giving to me by two different supervisors from your customer service department. Why should I suffer for your mistakes, i did not chose the location it was given to me.  Also if you had bothered to read my paragraph it was not a network issue because my husbands phone works and the supervisor i spoke to gave me an eticket because of it being a device issue.

This is what frustrates me is that you guys are so quick to tell me what you cannot do and how its the customers fault.  Your "customer service" offends me and is abysmal

• 3. Re: Made a fool of
    DONALIEN Silver Expert

I understand you're frustrated. I would like to help if I can. My question is, why did the store refuse to help you? Are you trying to say that we sent you to a Sprint store with no repair center multiple times? When we pick a specific Sprint store for a customer to visit for technical problems, it should always be a repair center. There may be rare cases where a representative makes a mistake and gives out a wrong address, but I can't imagine it happening more than once to one customer. In all honesty, if it weren't a repair center, the next words out of their mouth should have been the directions of the nearest repair center.

Probably the most common reason that a repair center can't help is due to physical damage to the device. I hope that's not the case!

-Donnie

• 4. Re: Made a fool of

It wasn't a repair center on both occasions. Do you really think I want to go to a third store for errors that have been on your end?  The problem should have been fixed right then and there instead of going to a third store, I no longer trust your company.  The wastage of time  going to a third location would be insurmountable because this situation should have never happened.  I don't find the occasion rare seeing that it has happened to me twice in two days.

I should not be driving around praying that this sprint store can help me.  This is becoming more and more ridiculous by the minute and everyone says they are sorry and wants to help but no one is owning up to their mistakes and doing anything the rectify the situation.

• 5. Re: Made a fool of
    DONALIEN Silver Expert

I understand your frustration. How you could be referred to two different non-repair center Sprint stores in two unrelated instances is beyond me. The reason no one has been able to help you is that only a repair center can determine if a device is truly malfunctioning, and we are limited in the troubleshooting that can be done by phone. The sales reps in our stores don't have the training or equipment to properly diagnose a device. It sounds like taking the phone to a repair center is still your best option. I still can't get past the fact that the first store to which you took the device was not able to direct you to a repair center. The person in the store to whom spoke should have cleared up the entire situation in one breath, "I'm sorry, we don't have technicians at this location. The nearest repair center is located at X." I can't apologize enough for how your experience has played out, or even wrap my brain around how this could have happened to you. Once you get that device to a repair center, I'm sure you will be taken care of.

-Donnie

• 6. Re: Made a fool of

I understand where you are coming from but at this point and time this situation has escalated way beyond what it should have been.  I should not have to go to a third location to get what was promised to me days ago.  At this point getting a replacement phone is not acceptable.  I have wasted time and gas and have been humiliated all due to Sprint's horrible customer service.  I should be compensated for everything that we have been subjected to due to poor customer service.  In a highly competitive market service is what separates you from your competitors and now I know why Sprint is dead last and I do not see them getting any better.  By being a corporate owned store and to have their associates treat customers like that is reprehensible and should embarrass corporate, but from all the people I have spoke to who are supervisors they seem to be ok with it.

• 7. Re: Made a fool of
    robotaholic Gold Expert

Actually for the 2nd time in a row Sprint ranked 1st in customer satisfaction by JD Power & Associates: http://businesscenter.jdpower.com/news/pressrelease.aspx?ID=2012015

"For a second consecutive time, Sprint ranks highest in customer satisfaction among major full-service wireless carriers. Sprint achieves a score of 748 and performs well in the offerings and promotions and cost of service factors. Verizon Wireless (746) follows Sprint in the full-service carrier rankings."

Boost Mobile (owned by Sprint and on the Sprint network) ranked first among prepaid phone services:

"Boost Mobile ranks highest for a second consecutive time in overall purchase experience satisfaction among non-contract service carriers."

-John

• 8. Re: Made a fool of

Could have fooled me, time to go to the ftc and bbb

• 9. Re: Made a fool of
    Lady_luck7 Newbie

I totally understand where you're coming from... we've been dealing with phone issues since oct-nov and they can't tell me it's a service issue cause it can't take that long.. we've done numerous checks on both phones and what does sprint do? nothing... THANK YOU i really hope you guys have better luck than us... I am also shopping around.. turns out other companies are actually interested in having several customers, giving great customer service and actually helping out when it is needed

• 10. Re: Made a fool of

Thank you i have already filed complaints with the fcc consumer complaint department, the bbb, my local paper, and i am done being pushed around.  After speaking to two different supervisors who are now telling me without insurance i cannot do anything and Samsung has to get involved.  So I cannot get my ETF waived by the higher ups lets see what the fcc bb can do for me.

• 11. Re: Made a fool of
    seeblue1 Bronze Expert

I don't work for Sprint and I have no interest is being favorable to them or you:

I had a hard time following what your exact problem was with Sprint; i.e., why they didn't offer repair, replacement, or offer to sell you a reconditioned phone.

If your phone was damaged (physical, water, etc.) and you didn't have insurance then you have to pay for repair/replacement yourself.

Samsung will repair, or offer a reconditioned replacement or new replacement IF your phone isn't damaged from misuse. You have a 1 year Samsung warranty. Scanning the internet blogs, it sounds like they can turn your phone around in 2 to 3 weeks.

Alternatively, you could purchase a used Sprint phone off of Craigslist or eBay priced anywhere from $10 to hundreds of dollars and Sprint will activate it for you for free. Do note, that even if you had insurance, you may have had to pay a deductible.

Right now, it sounds like you're mad. While that may be an appropriate response, it won't get you anywhere towards solving your predicament. When someone is mad at someone else, the other person has a harder time listening, empathizing or thinking clearly. Communication between both parties fails, there is a lack of understanding and comprehension, and grid-lock ensues.

Maybe your problem is your fault; maybe it is Sprint's. But if you want to solve it, you'll have better luck by using a moderate, non-threatening tone (speak softly) when speaking with customer service types. Additionally, the approach of trying to get credits, offsets, refunds and so on because "it's not my fault and you owe me for my inconvenience", is a losing strategy, IMHO. When successful, it takes a long time, you'll never get what you really want, and you'll be angrier than when you started!

If you get no where with Sprint, then solve your own problem using one of the alternatives I noted above.  You need a phone right?

• 12. Re: Made a fool of
    mapesy Sprint Admin

JNEWMAN924

I've sent your experience on to my contacts here at corporate headquarters for investigation. They my want to contact you for additional details.  If they do, I will private messge you with what contact details I need.

Thanks,

mapesy

• 13. Re: Made a fool of
    timothyCARVER Newbie

What finally happened with your situation? I'm going through the same thing. It's so emotionally draining, YOU JUST WANT TO SCREAM. Thanks, Tim

• 14. Re: Made a fool of

Sprint has acknowledge that I have a dropped call history since 3/26 due to tower upgrades, after speaking with several supervisors on Saturday who were mostly rude I finally got to speak to someone who I thought could help me.  I re-activated my old blackberry to see if it was a network issue and not just my nexus, which it was.  After speaking to two supervisors today one who blew up on my husband for asking what warrants an etf waiver we were told to hold on for his supervisor to call us back.  He did and felt that with all of my dropped call history we were still at an acceptable rate in order to not waive our etf and by telling us that tower upgrades will be complete by the 14th we cannot get out of our etf.  Now I am waiting to hear back from another supervisor who escalated my call further up the ladder.  So after complaints filed with the BBB FTC FCC and countless "supervisors" I still have a phone that doesn't work

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...