This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2012 4:29 PM by ToneMilan RSS

Airwave

ToneMilan Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Recently moved into an area/building which horrible service. We receive 1 bar at best when inside. Luckily use wifi for data when needed but have missed several calls and text messages are delayed until we are in a good service area (usually completely out of the building) Have started to search for alternative carriers. We noticed 2 of our friends with Verizon have 3 steady bars of service when they visit us.

• 1. Re: Airwave
    raylitherland67 Sprint Employee

Are you thinking that an airave may be a fix for this?  Do you know what type of coverage you are in? www.sprint.com/coverage.  Do you have broadband or DSL internet?

Is airave available in your area? www.sprint.com/airavecoverage. Also please provide me with a zip code and or an address close to where you are so I can if we have any outages. An airave may help you.

Ray

• 2. Re: Airwave

Ray - I actually just got off the phone with Sprint and they suggested the airwave and said it should resolve my issue. I appreciate your  quick response. You guys have been great!

• 3. Re: Airwave
    GeekOfTexas Bronze Expert

bebo33060 wrote:

Ray - I actually just got off the phone with Sprint and they suggested the airwave and said it should resolve my issue. I appreciate your  quick response. You guys have been great!

Did they say they are sending an Airave? If not, got here for more information and to get the number to request one.

• 4. Re: Airwave

Yes, GeekofTexas. I should have it by Friday. No charge to me, according to the rep. Thank you!

• 5. Re: Airwave
    GeekOfTexas Bronze Expert

Nope. No charge. Got one myself. I really like this about Sprint since other carriers charge you for them. And it makes a world of difference, too. In addition to great coverage, your battery will not drain as fast since it no longer has to strain to get a signal.

• 6. Re: Airwave

I didnt know about this Airwave device until I was googling my issue on the web this morning. I contacted Sprint thinking they would give me a hard time but they really stepped up to the plate and offered me a solution rather than an excuse.

Good to hear about the battery. I have an EVO 4G so the battery already drains quick enough without having to deal with low signal.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...