This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2012 5:17 PM by MrMetMan RSS

[Solved] Sprint's "International Long Distance and Text" add-on, charges to Canada?

bellabooramsey Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

So I've asked this question to 5 different Sprint reps now, and have recieved multiple answers. I'm hoping someone who actually uses this add-on to call Canada can verify the charges.

Q: If I add the $15 a month "Sprint International Long Distance and Text" to a plan, will calling Canada (let's assume a land line country code 1+250), incured the additional $0.09 a minute international charge or just use my anytime minutes?? Please don't use the $4 a month add-on as an example as it's different according to what I'm reading (all calls to Canada are $0.09 a minute) and has been a point of confusion when dealing with some of these Sprint reps (who apparently didn't know the $15 a month add-on even existed).

The first rep I talked to in-store told me that it would only use my anytime minutes when calling Canada. From what I'm reading at the Sprint website this seems to be accurate, if only for certain country codes: http://support.sprint.com/global/pdf/intl_ld_text/Canada.pdf.

Others kept quoting the $4 a month add-on and wouldn't say an other option even existed to pay flat rate and avoid per-minute charges (one just tried to look it up over the phone and gave me completely erroneous information). While reading the document I linked makes it seem obvious that certain country codes are no additional charge, because I keep getting so many answers I'm hoping to verify with someone useing the $15 a month plan (the process of adding another line, new phone, etc, is all contingent on this detail so I can't just pop it on my plan and try for myself).

Thanks for the help, I have to say this has been my first bad experience with Sprint. They need to train their reps better or make information like this more clear and accessible to them.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...