This discussion is archived
10 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2012 11:57 AM by alk1122 RSS

Customer Care

ScapBiz Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

How has your customer care been with sprint? I have been a loyal customer for more than fifteen years. Often times i feel like a number. How about you?

• 1. Re: Customer Care
    2012pissed Newbie

Sprint customer service is terrible!!  I was misinformed about a plan change and now have $240 in overages!!  The rep told me the plan included all cell phone carriers.  Obviously not.  Now the said they would take half of it off if I changed to a $20 more a month plan!!  Totally ridiculous.  I didnt ever have overages before yet they haven't completely taken care of the problem.  I informed them there are other carriers to switch to and they can not garnish my disability check.  I am an unhealthy person who only wished to change plan s so I wouldnt be charged for picture mails.  Very costly mistake.  Good luck to Sprint if they continue this type of service.  Actually ***** them, good luck to all of you!!  Take care!!

• 2. Re: Customer Care
    GodschildNicole Silver Expert

The customer service experience is who you want you talk to. Eveyone has different experiences but Sprint did had a record of bad customer service.. So far for me it has been good .

• 3. Re: Customer Care
    DXPIPER Newbie

Amen, sister.  It's almost as if they have made a corporate decision to keep hemmoraging customers until one of the other companies buys out what is left of them.  They are penny wise and pound foolish, repeatedly.

• 4. Re: Customer Care
    JTMax Valued Member

I haven't had much issue with Sprint customer service.  A few years back I did have problems with billing issues and couldn't get it resolved over the phone.  So, I looked up the emails for as many higher ups as I could find (Including the VP or their support department).  I did receive a call from the VP secretary and they gave me a data plan for free for my troubles.  Of course a year later I had to give that up when I upgraded to a smart phone.  I'm sure though that these CS issues happen with ATT and Verizon as well...CS isn't what it use to be that’s for sure.

• 5. Re: Customer Care
    SarahSprints Sprint Employee

http://newsroom.sprint.com/Awards/Customers/

We've taken many steps to improve our customer service over the years and we are "the #1 most improved U.S. company in customer satisfaction, across 47 industries, over the last three years – American Customer Satisfaction Index (May 2011)"

I am a Sprint Employee and if you're having specific issues that aren't being resolved after you've contacted Customer Care, please post them and we'll get someone to help you.

• 6. Re: Customer Care
    DXPIPER Newbie

You are only "most improved" because you folks are so lacking.  Most improved says nothing in comparison to your competitiors.  Also, according to the ACSI website, your entire industry is well below the national average and when compared to a traditional retailer, your score looks even poorer.   You will win no customers by pointing to the trophy on the wall and patting yourself on the back.  The price of your stock is a much better reflection of real customer satisfaction and it continues to fall, now less than 1/10th what it was just five years ago.  Finally, there is only one survey that really matters and I have the only vote. 

• 7. Re: Customer Care

I am a Sprint Employee and if you're having specific issues that aren't being resolved after you've contacted Customer Care, please post them and we'll get someone to help you.

• 8. Re: Customer Care
    DXPIPER Newbie

I don't now what could be more clear:  I dont like having your CSR laugh at me for wanting a better deal, that was the height of arrogance.  Simply put: I want a better deal to extend my contract than you are currently offering.  I am not really getting any reward for my 23+ years of loyalty other than an offer of a $100 bill credit which is far short of the "come-on" which said I was eligible for a $150 discount per line on my family plan to upgrade phones, which turns out not to be the case.  Period.

Are you in the corporate office in Reston and do you have the authority to make me a better deal than the one i describe above?  If so, you can send me an email with your office extension and i will call you today.  I have already listed my complaints in a letter to Dan@sprint.com sent earlier today.   

• 9. Re: Customer Care

First, I apologize that someone laughed at your request.  I do work at Corporate HQ, but I'm not authorized to make any better deal than what you've stated they've given.  I do want to apologize for the experience you had.  I believe our pricing that includes unlimited data beats our competition and with the upgrade/contract renewal credit you're getting the phone at the same price as a new customer.

I found this price comparison online:

Let's say you opt for the minimum amount of minutes on each of the carriers (450 minutes), unlimited text messaging, and 2GB of data (it's unlimited for Sprint). If you factor in the cost of the $199 iPhone 4S, over two years you'd pay $1,896 on Sprint, versus $2,520 on AT&T and $2,640 on Verizon. If you went with Sprint, you'd save $144 versus AT&T and $264 versus Verizon.

Provided you don't plan to use your phone as a hotspot — something we wouldn't recommend with a 3G phone anyway — Sprint's plans are much more affordable than AT&T's and Verizon's. And you don't have to watch the data meter.

• 10. Re: Customer Care
    alk1122 Expert

SarahSprints wrote:

I found this price comparison online:

Let's say you opt for the minimum amount of minutes on each of the carriers (450 minutes), unlimited text messaging, and 2GB of data (it's unlimited for Sprint). If you factor in the cost of the $199 iPhone 4S, over two years you'd pay $1,896 on Sprint, versus $2,520 on AT&T and $2,640 on Verizon. If you went with Sprint, you'd save $144 versus AT&T and $264 versus Verizon.

Wait.  How are you getting this pricing?  Sprint will be $1896 (including the phone)?  SO the service is $1696 over 2 years?  Meaning $70 a month?  Isn't it $80 a month before taxes and surcharges?

Lets not include the price of the phone or taxes and surcharges.  Sprint is $80 a month for 1 line.  This will come out to $1920.  ATT is $10 more at $90 a month for 3GB's.  SO they are $2160 a month.  ATT will be $240 more over 2 years.  Not $624 more.

Also you have to look at everything overall.  Sprint charges a couple dollars more than ATT in surcharges every month.  And if you want the TEP with Sprint, it will be going up to $11 a month starting in June.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...