1 2 3 Previous Next 44 Replies Latest reply: Sep 12, 2012 8:21 PM by rico3255 Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: IPhone4s now or wait for IPhone 5?
    dwilliams8880 Valued Member
    Currently Being Moderated

Well then go right ahead, but I don't get how you're getting a discount each year, nobody else is so its still poor advice for the majority of Sprint customers.  But don't say it's not true, it is true, sprint customers don't get the new customer discounts until 22 months into contract...that's a fact, call Sprint they'll tell you the same.  What you were referring to was the same thing I was told when I bought my Evo.  But Sprint changed the game not long after, there are no more 1 year upgrade discounts.  Look it up.

• 16. Re: IPhone4s now or wait for IPhone 5?
    chadlhorton Newbie

Then something must be wrong ... in my favor ... with my account, because I've received the 150.00 discount every 1 year for all 5 contracts on my account since I came to sprint many years ago.

In any case, for me it's great, so I'll just leave it at that. Anybody else - then maybe not such a good thing and just wait until the 5 comes out.

• 17. Re: IPhone4s now or wait for IPhone 5?
    dwilliams8880 Valued Member

Just trying to help make an informed decision, it was called the Sprint Premier Program, and it was recently dismissed.  It ****** off a ton of Sprint customers.  Best of luck though.

• 18. Re: IPhone4s now or wait for IPhone 5?
    SA_Viper43 Bronze Expert

There is no more yearly upgrades period.

• 19. Re: IPhone4s now or wait for IPhone 5?
    slashy Newbie

same me but when is the 5 coming out i want to iphone 4s or iphone 4 but dont know which one is good as i have 150 discount but my contract ends may 12 2012 so what do i do then huh

• 20. Re: IPhone4s now or wait for IPhone 5?
    9erHater Regular Visitor

I don't plan on getting either iPhone, but if I did, I would wait to get an iPhone 5. I also know that LTE will be coming to my area before the iPhone 5, so it would work out.

• 21. Re: IPhone4s now or wait for IPhone 5?
    MattJ900 Regular Visitor

You don't have to spend $500 - $800 on the new IPhone 5 you could just sell your IPhone 4s(unless you plan on keeping it)

through a private party sell or by Sprint's BuyBack Program and your looking at save of  $200-$400  when buying the new IPhone 5

so technically your not paying retail unless you want to keep both phones.

thats what I plan to do.

• 22. Re: IPhone4s now or wait for IPhone 5?
    blkjakwi Valued Member

Future proof yourself by getting an LTE phone? How so? If I get a LTE phone my phone will never be obsolete?

• 23. Re: IPhone4s now or wait for IPhone 5?
    fireguy_6364 Master

karnscoach1 wrote:

I am going to try and do the early buy up today at my local Sprint store when I get out of work today.  Should I go ahead and get the IPhone4s now or wait and get the IPhone 5????  I have been a die hard blackberry user for the past few years.  Please give me your advice. 

if by chance youre going to wait for the iphone 5 then you might as well wait until its going to be coming out before doing the early buy out. waiting will mean you pay out less for that buy out compared to doing it right now.

• 24. Re: IPhone4s now or wait for IPhone 5?
    fireguy_6364 Master

slashy wrote:

same me but when is the 5 coming out i want to iphone 4s or iphone 4 but dont know which one is good as i have 150 discount but my contract ends may 12 2012 so what do i do then huh

just because youre contract ends does NOT mean you lost that 150 discount. aslo you need to look at it as a "im starting off as a brand new customer getting their new phone pricing" instead of looking at the 150...which basically means the same exact thing. the new phone you'll be getting is at the same exact price as a brand new to sprint customer.

• 25. Re: IPhone4s now or wait for IPhone 5?
    blkjakwi Valued Member

It depends on what your needs are. Do you use a lot of data? You might want to wait for the LTE model iPhone to hit. My wife and I just switched to Sprint and picked up two iPhone 4s phones about a week ago. Once Network Vision upgrades are done here, the 3g speeds will be more than adequate for what we need. They are already for the most part. I don't stream media much, but I do rely on my corporate email which the iPhone 4s handles perfectly well on current 3g. The biggest reason I went for the 4s was to keep compatibility with the existing docks I have around the house and in the vehicles we own. One of the rumors of the iPhone 5 is that there will be a new dock connector which may differ dramatically from what they have now. I don't want to upgrade all my docks or get a clunky adapter for them.

The iPhone 4s does what I need it to do. I prefer it to the various flavors of Android based phones I have had. While the customizations were neat, the phone and apps didn't have a finished quality that I experienced with my iPod Touch apps. I had a Windows Phone (HTC 7 Pro) which was nice and the small pool or applications looked great, but the general lack of mainstream applications was annoying me. Microsoft has also changed their marketing strategy to target first time smartphone users which baffles me - perhaps to justify the lack of apps somehow?

It seemed that battery life suffered on the Android phones I have owned. The Windows Phone OS was great and the iPhone so far is showing better battery life than either. Again, this depends on the apps installed, whether you lean on 3g or wireless, and if you use lots of push notifications.

My advice is to take a look at what you use now for apps/data, read the reviews on the 4s, then read the rumors on the 5 and see what suits your needs. And always realize that no matter what phone you buy, it will be outdated soon.

• 26. Re: IPhone4s now or wait for IPhone 5?
    Chapst1ck Regular Visitor

I wouldnt even buy the iPhone 5, everyone needs to again be reminded that when apple launches things they are loaded with bugs.

(get it apples? bugs inside?) Lol

Not only will it be loaded with issues but it will have a high pricetag. As per usuall they will have 8GB,16GB,32GB models and will all range from 300-500$ per unit which is definitly not worth the money or the wait.

• 27. Re: IPhone4s now or wait for IPhone 5?
    gibsonl4c Expert

I'm going to wait till my next 22 month upgrade to get a new iPhone or other phone that has LTE because LTE won't be in my area for awhile!

• 28. Re: IPhone4s now or wait for IPhone 5?
    LoloBond11 Newbie

BAM4003HP In which era are you living in? lol

16G $200 32GB $300 64GB $400

+$100 Insurance Optional.

Wait for the Iphone 5.

• 29. Re: IPhone4s now or wait for IPhone 5?
    MyloSand Newbie

When is the iphone 5 coming?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...