5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 1, 2014 1:03 PM by SprintCare RSS

iphone 4s will not activate after hard reset

JOCELYN71302 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

anyone know how to fix this i was on the phone with apple and sprint support for over 6 hours they dont know what to do

• 1. Re: iphone 4s will not activate after hard reset
    abe2020 Sprint Employee

Sorry for the inconvenience. If you have WIFI at your home, you can activate your new phone via WIFI or If  you have iTunes  downloaded to your pc ,iPhone activation can be activated  via iTunes.

To use Wi-Fi, tap a Wi-Fi network to connect to-enter credentials to connect to the selected  Wi-Fi network.Once connected to Wi-Fi Network, tap Next at upper right. Connect iPhone to the PC that has iTunes installed and continue with setup/Connect iPhone to  the PC that has iTunes installed and continue with setup.To use Cellular network, wait until iPhone stops searching and displays Signal and button at the bottom changes from Connect to iTunes to Use Cellular Connection-Tap Use Cellular Connection-Allow iPhone to Activate.

Choose option to setup iPhone via iTunes

if customer has not had an iPhone previously: Tap Set Up as New iPhone to setup then tap Next.If customer has a iCloud backup of a previous iPhone: Tap Restore from iCloud Backup.Enter Apple ID and Password then tap Next.If customer has a iTunes backup of a previous iPhone:Tap Restore from iTunes Backup then tap Next.Connect iPhone to computer that has the iTunes backup of pervious iPhone and follow onscreen instructions from iTunes.

If you need more info on iPhone activation please visit this site http://ipod.about.com/od/iphonehowtos/ss/activate_iphone.htm.

Abe

• 2. Re: iphone 4s will not activate after hard reset
    learynbeer Newbie

I am having the same problem...I activated mine via itunes and it doesnt identify the network...anything else we can do after we have tried the above? I use my phone for work, so Im on a tough spot atm.

• 3. Re: iphone 4s will not activate after hard reset
    remaxpat Newbie

I got it!  I did the ##update# or ##873283# many times and numerous resets, network and reset all settings and just didn't want to wipe the phone again to get phone back to my back up number.  I knew that there had to be a way, and I found it.

Sprint has you turn off Wifi and be on a sprint network.  So I tried updates in areas that I know had great signals, NOTHING, but turning WiFi on doing the ##update# then a newtwork reset and when the phone came back on, it had the right number and was fully activiated.

Just thought I would share!

PS I had technitians that take the easy way our of wiping all of our info and setting to get the easy fix.  They even tried that on my Nexus and I told them, no, I will try a service and PRL update before I do that.  I got it...

• 4. Re: iphone 4s will not activate after hard reset
    hcc4kids Newbie

I have:

iPhone 4S with Firmware 5.0.02

Sprint

iOS 7.0.4

And this worked for me too, thanks!

• 5. Re: iphone 4s will not activate after hard reset
    SprintCare Social Care

hcc4kids,

I apologize for the delay in our response. I am glad that the ##873283# worked for you and helped. Please feel free to reach our in the future if you need some help! There are many people who
    have some great advise!

*Andi R.
    Sprint Social Care Team

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...