This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply: Aug 26, 2012 7:28 AM by tonyrl53 RSS

when will phoenix arizona get 4g

mrhill3618 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

will evo 4g lte 4g work in phoenix, Arizona i have a evo 4g brought june of 2010 we are still waiting for 4g in Arizona i can use 4g all over the country not were i live

• 1. Re: when will phoenix arizona get 4g
    MeatMan69 Expert

mrhill3618 wrote:

will evo 4g lte 4g work in phoenix, Arizona i have a evo 4g brought june of 2010 we are still waiting for 4g in Arizona i can use 4g all over the country not were i live

You are never getting 4G service in your area. Sprint has changed to 4G LTE and if you are lucky you will get it before the end of next year (2013). Your Evo 4G will not work on Sprint's new 4G LTE network. You will still be able to do exactly what you are doing right now, which is run on Sprint's 3G network. The only way you will ever see your Evo 4G going at the speed you were promised is if you happen to be traveling and are in a city that has the 4G signal AND you have turned on your 4G switch on your phone. I happened to be in Jacksonville, FL last year and got a 7.2 speed test result. I was tickled because it was the first time I had actually seen a Sprint phone go that fast on their network. It was also a letdown to know we were all promised this fast speed when we bought our Evo 4G's in June of 2010 and yet nothing ever happened. Fast forward to 2012 and here we are with the new Evo 4G LTE coming out with the same lame promises of "coming soon to your neighborhood". [...]. If it occurs again (and it probably will) we (the customers) have no one but ourselves to blame. After all, we know just what kind of company we are dealing with.

Message was edited by: mapesy

• 2. Re: when will phoenix arizona get 4g
    mrhill3618 Newbie

I won,t be buying another sprint 4g I have 4 on my family acct. my daughter ,her husband and children have another 4 when contract up I 2013 I be looking for a new carrier I been with sprint for 12 years

I pay $10.00 for 4g I not getting it here

• 3. Re: when will phoenix arizona get 4g
    Minionsz Regular Visitor

The $10 charge is actually for "Unlimited Data Premium" on each phone. It originally only applied to 4G phones, but they made the overall price increase after the other carriers capped their data plans.

• 4. Re: when will phoenix arizona get 4g
    MeatMan69 Expert

Sure would like some explanation as to what I could have possibly stated that required my post to be edited?????

• 5. Re: when will phoenix arizona get 4g
    illegaloperationU Regular Visitor

Your old EVO 4G will never get 4G if 4G is not ready present. Sprint/Clearwire has stopped rolling out WiMax and you'll only get 4G where it is already present.

Sprint is rolling out LTE, but it will be a very long time (late 2013) before you'll see it in your neighborhood. So, if you buy the Evo 4G LTE, you'll be in for a long wait.

• 6. Re: when will phoenix arizona get 4g
    Markie_B Sprint Employee

mrhill3618,

As mentioned by MeatMan, the previous 4G efforts from Sprint have ceased as the industries standards have changed and we are now moving to 4G LTE for our data services along with enhanced 3G data services and voice quality services as well. You can monitor the progress for your area by logging into: www.sprint.com/network and inputting your address into the search bar to see the changes going on and planned for your area. Hope this information is helpful.

Markie_B

• 7. Re: when will phoenix arizona get 4g
    rick.spencer Bronze Expert

MeatMan69 wrote:

Sure would like some explanation as to what I could have possibly stated that required my post to be edited?????

If I were you I would send mapesy a private message.  You'll probably get better results that way.

• 8. Re: when will phoenix arizona get 4g
    SwishSweetzSprint Newbie

Well... Evryone needs to go with Verizon. Prob a good reason why they are the biggest carrier in the world.

• 9. Re: when will phoenix arizona get 4g
    dshoem01 Gold Expert

Moved this discussion to the 4G network forum.  The HTC EVO 4G LTE will still work in your area regardless of whether you have 4G coverage there.  I have a 4G phone...because it's the phone I wanted, but don't have good 4G coverage in my area.

• 10. Re: when will phoenix arizona get 4g
    JTMax Valued Member

PhxNo4GThxSprint wrote:

Well... Evryone needs to go with Verizon. Prob a good reason why they are the biggest carrier in the world.

Plus they already have 230 Cities with LTE versus ATT at 35 and Sprint deploying to only 6.  Big Red definitely has it going on!

• 11. Re: when will phoenix arizona get 4g
    illegaloperationU Regular Visitor

China Mobile is the biggest carrier in the world.

Verizon Wireless is not even close.

• 12. Re: when will phoenix arizona get 4g
    MeatMan69 Expert

mrhill3618 wrote:

mrhill, this sounds very exciting for you. Much better than I predicted.

Network Vision/LTE Deployment Running List

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/

Silver Lining for Phoenix and Tucson/Yuma Markets...the schedule appears to be moving up for the Grand Canyon State

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-148-silver-lining-for-phoenix-and-tucsonyuma-marketsthe-schedule-appears-to-be-moving-up-for-the-grand-canyon-state/

• 13. Re: when will phoenix arizona get 4g
    ALE1030_PR Newbie

for my area 00727 it says 3 voice upgrades in the next six month its been like that for the last 7 month and theres no data upgrades ,so ibought a galaxy 2 that was going to be getting 4g speed by febuary 2012 and i dont see any data upgrades in my area.

All im getting is a very weak 3g thats goes 250k in a good day cant stream HBO.GO , I also didnt buy the sprint NBA league pass cause the buffering was so awfull .

I surely dont think i could stay here till 2013 rather pay the the fine for all my 3 phones.

But im going to pay you 20 every month for tricking me into this company saying that you will have 4g.

• 14. Re: when will phoenix arizona get 4g
    MeatMan69 Expert

ALE1030_PR wrote:

for my area 00727 it says 3 voice upgrades in the next six month its been like that for the last 7 month and theres no data upgrades ,so ibought a galaxy 2 that was going to be getting 4g speed by febuary 2012 and i dont see any data upgrades in my area.

All im getting is a very weak 3g thats goes 250k in a good day cant stream HBO.GO , I also didnt buy the sprint NBA league pass cause the buffering was so awfull .

I surely dont think i could stay here till 2013 rather pay the the fine for all my 3 phones.

But im going to pay you 20 every month for tricking me into this company saying that you will have 4g.

The phone you purchased is not 4G LTE. 4G WiMax is not the same as 4G LTE. To be able to even acquire a 4G LTE signal you will need to purchase a new phone that is not being sold yet.  The new Evo 4G LTE and the new Galazy III are 2 of the new phones soon to be released.  The new phones will still work on the 3G network, just not get the 4G LTE signal until it becomes available in your area.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points