This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: May 14, 2012 10:06 AM by ewab RSS

Delete/Disable Visual Voicemail

PhilRuss Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I've seen this question posted, but the replies are inadequate.

On my non-rooted LG Optimus S, Froyo, I want to delete, or at least disable Visual Voicemail.

I just don't like it, so don't tell me how to reset it, to give it a chance, or any other garbage.

Please answer the question if possible.

• 1. Delete/Disable Visual Voicemail
    voicemail_guy Sprint Employee

There is no way to disable or delete Visual Voicemail without rooting your phone, problem is when you root your phone Sprint can't help you when there is a problem.

Is your Visual Voicemail application not working right, or do you just like the traditional voicemail experience?

• 2. Delete/Disable Visual Voicemail
    100101SOS Newbie

I use Google Voice, Visual Voicemail takes up extreemly valuable device memory, in fact I don't have room to install the latest Visual Voicemail update and it recommends I uninstall an application to make room. The application to uninstall would be Visual Voicemail in my case. Instead of providing a way to uninstall useless applications it looks like Sprint's official fix is to root the device.

• 3. Delete/Disable Visual Voicemail
    ItsMyBloodyPhone Newbie

The "Sprint Visual Voice Mail" app is spam. I don't want it, I cannot disable it, and the app keeps pestering me about an upgrade *that will "let" me use a 30 day free trial for something I've had free from Google for 2 years*. That is spam. And it is also asinine.

I want my phone back. When will Sprint stop claiming ownership of my phone?

• 4. Re: Delete/Disable Visual Voicemail
    SprintSucks161 Newbie

Exactly.  Worst of all Sprint issues the update with a shade of black/gray text on black/gray background, the tones just slightly mismatched so TECHNICALLY they aren't exactly using the old spammer trick of invisible text. 

SICK AND TIRED OF PAYING FOR SPRINT TO CRAM JUNK DOWN MY THROAT. 

As I have a work mobile phone, I think given how the carriers are all I will likely just give up having a personal phone as soon as the contract is up.  Really sick of being treated this way. 

• 5. Delete/Disable Visual Voicemail
    rolfsprint Regular Visitor

I help my GF with things technological, including her Sprint account, for which she pays over $200/mo.  We, too, resent the Sprint visual voicemail spam and lack of choice on this device we own, service for which we pay dearly.  This morning, I tried to understand the notification on her Evo about a "Voicemail update".  After seeing that it was a trialware effort to extract even more money from us, I tried very hard to delete this unwanted intrusion.  Resorting to Google, I wound up here, where I will state again, remove this vermin!

• 6. Delete/Disable Visual Voicemail
    Regular Visitor

your going to have to root the device sprint will do nothing for you

• 7. Re: Delete/Disable Visual Voicemail
    KyleSkrinak Regular Visitor

Another vote to allow complete removal of the Voicemail package. The LG has such little memory as it is.

• 8. Re: Delete/Disable Visual Voicemail
    ewab Newbie

I just went to the application manager and uninstalled the upgrade.  It got rid ot the the visual voicemail upgrade. Now how do I stop sprint from sending me fake messages about updates to voice mail.......... not upgrades to services I don't want. [...]

Message was edited by: mapesy

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points