This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: May 5, 2012 1:42 PM by DONALIEN RSS

LG Lotus - Setting Ringtones

ActorNerd Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Hi Everyone,

I have a question about using personal music as ringtones on the Lotus. I've done some searching and found other posts, but none that seem to address my issue.

I have a sound file that I want to use as a ringtone. I"ve aready gotten it on the phone in more ways than one; I've emailed and downloaded it to my phone, and I've also copied it over to the memory card from my laptop via usb. So I know I have the file on the phone in mp4 & 3g2 formats. However, I can't find a way to assign them as a ringtones. When I go through the regualar menu, I only see the ringtones that came with the phone. When I view the files via Card Manager, I can play them like regular music, but I see no option to set tham as ringtones.

Someone in another post said one would need to create a separate folder on the mem. card called "RINGTONES" (all caps) and place the file(s) there and the phone would automatically recognize ti, but that didn't work for me.

If anyone has any solutions, I'd be very appreciative. Thank you in advance for any assistance.

• 1. Re: LG Lotus - Setting Ringtones
    DONALIEN Silver Expert

There are a few third party websites that allow you to upload and edit mp3s, and send them to your phone in a format that can be saved as a ringtone. I can't call any by name because I haven't done this in a long time, but a google search should get you moving in the right direction.

-Donnie

• 2. Re: LG Lotus - Setting Ringtones

Hi Donnie,

Thank you for your response, but I already had the file on my phone. I was able to both upload it via website and copy it from my laptop via USB cable. I had already converted the file to the 3g2 video format, which was suggested elsewhere. My question was about setting it as a ringtone. None of the usual methods appeared to work.

The good news is I finally figured it out. I went into Tools, Memory Card Manager, selected the folder where I coppied the file originally, then highlighted the 3g2 file.Then I chose Options, Copy. When prompted with "COPY TO", I chose "IN PHONE". That copied the file to "MY ALBUMS" as a video file. I was then able to go back to the "Ringers' option under "Settings" and assign it. So it works now and I'm happy. This particular phone is an LG Lotus, so the steps most likely will be different on other models.

• 3. Re: LG Lotus - Setting Ringtones

P.S. For the record, the online converter I used was http://ringer.org. Very simple to use.

• 4. Re: LG Lotus - Setting Ringtones
    DONALIEN Silver Expert

Thanks for posting the solution!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points