6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 4, 2012 11:25 AM by GSUDIMP21 RSS

Samsung Galaxy S3

Sigmacutie02 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

So of course EVERYONE wants the Samsung Galaxy Note/Journal as do I. However, I'm thinking of a plan B just in case Sprint does not plan to carry the phone. I was interested in getting the Samsung Galaxy II until I heard about the Note. I'm really sick of my HTC Evo and I'm ready to just chuck it, but I want to get a phone that I actually want and will enjoy. So a friend of mine just bought the Samsung Galaxy II and she said that she was told that the Galaxy III would be released by Sprint in December. Has anyone else heard this? I would prefer the Note OF COURSE but if Sprint doesn't carry it I would like to get the next best thing. I would hate to buy the Galaxy S2 and then the Note or the Galaxy S3 is released soon after. This is soooo frustrating! I just wish they would tell us something instead of having us in limbo. I'm not interested in either of the phones that they recently released.

• 1. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3
    Dark_Emerald_89 Valued Member

I myself aren't really waiting for Galaxy Note seeing they never said if sprint will even get it...no point in waiting on "possibility".

I could of upgraded in April but seeing that Atlanta will be one of the first areas to get LTE and think it's waste to add $10 for premium data on my plan seeing that the LTE phones don't have regular 4G (i upgraded back in 2010 before they made it so that you'd get charge the $10 premium data no matter what phoen you get)

Imma just wait till LTE is up to decide what phone I want...

• 2. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3
    rick.spencer Bronze Expert

Until Sprint announce's the release no one Knows it's just speculation.  I have noticed that the samsung "flagship phones" have tended to be released around two months after the htc "flagship phones" (htc evo 4g lte?).  Just a guess though, Rick.

• 3. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3
    Panzer06 Bronze Expert

I think you might miss HTC Sense.  I was not enamored of Samsung's Touch Wiz.  So far Sense seems more polished and complete but I suppose that's personal preferance.  Best you see if you can try out a Samsung device to see what you think. 

Cheers,

• 4. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3
    AzucarPura Newbie

I don't know how many other users out there are sick of their Evos, but I am.  I was thinking on getting the Samsung note as I was always a Samsung fanatic.  However, when I saw the Samsung S3 I was like whoa!!  A phone with a quadcore processor is a must!  I know the phone is being released in Europe all now, but it won't be launched in the U.S. until summer to the ending of summer.  How and when Sprint will carry it is unknown to me.  I can't wait to get my hands on one.  Just in case Sprint decides not to carry it, my guess is we can buy an unlocked one (preferably in white-getting sick of black phones).  I love color

• 5. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3
    Panzer06 Bronze Expert

I thought I saw all the US carriers were getting dual core versions of the phone.  Also, since Europe and Asia mostly use GSM I don't think an unlocked phone will work on the Sprint network.

Cheers,

• 6. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3
    GSUDIMP21 Newbie

As you should know by now, Samsung Galaxy S3 will be released June 20th

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...