1 2 3 56 Previous Next 824 Replies Latest reply: Jul 25, 2012 3:27 PM by smotrs RSS

HTC EVO 4G LTE -  NOW SHIPPING

dshoem01 Gold Expert
Currently Being Moderated

HTC shared this statement regarding the HTC EVO 4G LTE: 

“The US availability of HTC One X and HTC EVO 4G LTE has been delayed due to a standard U.S. Customs review of shipments that is required after an ITC exclusion order. We believe we are in compliance with the ruling and HTC is working closely with Customs to secure approval. HTC One X and HTC EVO 4G LTE have both received enthusiastic support and we appreciate customers patience as we work to get these products into their hands as soon as possible.”

Here's Information from Sprint: 

• HTC EVO 4G LTE availability

The U.S. availability of the HTC EVO 4G LTE has been delayed.  HTC is working to resolve this issue and appreciates your patience as they work to get products into Sprint channels. We can’t provide specific timing for product availability at this time and we appreciate your patience as HTC works to get products on store shelves as soon as possible.

• Pre-order status/availability

Delivery of products for pre-order are on hold and Sprint will provide a ship date as soon as possible. Sprint will maintain the promise for the preorder customers that they will be among the first to receive their HTC EVO 4G LTE units.

• Cancellation procedure update (5/18 update)

We are allowing customers to cancel their pre-order and receive refunds. If you need to cancel your order, you may either call care directly at 866-789-8292, refuse delivery, or request a return authorization kit once your device arrives. For a return kit, please call us at 866-789-8292 during the following business hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 am EST to 11:00 pm EST, and Saturday & Sunday 9:00 am EST to 9:00 pm EST.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this has caused.

5/31 UPDATE: Saturday's the national launch...please continue discussions in this post.

5/30 UPDATE:

We recently learned that HTC devices have been released by U.S. Customs. We expect shipments of HTC EVO 4G LTE to enter the U.S. in the next few days.  An exact availability date for HTC EVO 4G LTE will be communicated as soon as possible.

5/21 UPDATE:

Customers who pre-ordered HTC EVO 4G LTE…Your wait is almost over! Sprint expects to begin shipping HTC EVO 4G LTE for arrival on or around Thursday, May 24 to customers who pre-ordered the device online from Sprint. We will provide details on the full national launch as soon as possible. To check the status of your pre-order, please visit www.sprint.com/myorder.

Since shipping is in process, we can no longer accept cancellations as noted in the 5/18 update above.

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - updated Cancellation procedure

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - updated Cancellation procedure

Message was edited by dshoem01 - added 5/21 update

• 1. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE - DELAY
    Slope72 Valued Member

Some compensation for our "inconvenience" would be nice. I've been stuck with a malfunctioning Epic 4G (my second unit) for months waiting for something new to be released on Sprint. Now the first new device is stuck at customs and Sprint has already taken my money. How about a refund for all pre-orders? How about account credits? Sprint's well of phones has been seriously dry and I just don't believe that Sprint's higher-ups didn't know this was coming.

My whole experience with Sprint has been terrible for the past few years. My Palm Pre was a nightmare device - I went through 3 of them and never got one that worked properly. Now my Epic 4G is buggy - no sound sometimes, unresponsive screens sometimes. Terrible. And when Sprint finally gets a new device this happens.

• 2. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE - DELAY
    nicki231981 Regular Visitor

Thank you for the update, however that is still a poor job of disseminating information. 

• Pre-order status/availability

Delivery of products for pre-order are on hold and Sprint will provide a ship date as soon as possible. Sprint will maintain the promise for the preorder customers that they will be among the first to receive their HTC EVO 4G LTE units. <--------- All this is is semantics.  The problem is not receiving it before everyone else as initially promised, but receiving it by the date promised or anywhere near that date.  Customs didn't just pop up LAST NITE and say we're holding your shipment.  I personally, am NOT a fan of preorders, especially those without any official date of product delivery, but i went out on a limb trusting sprint that they would deliver.  Now SPRINT has their revenue and the customer has no product...Sprint's fault or not, the situation and the way its been handled is unacceptable.

With that said, I move to the statement below, copied from the EVO 4G LTE page:

Pre-order sold out! Our EVO 4G LTE pre-order inventory has been spoken for. Check back soon for the national launch.

Does  the pre-order inventory imply STOCK ON HAND or anticipated stock, which Sprint wouldn't be smart in speaking on at this moment? If it is indeed STOCK ON HAND, will these devices be shipped to those who have pre-ordered, satisfying those customers who have ordered up until the pre-order was closed? If not, will customers be notified of their status as STOCK AVAILABLE or BACKORDERED or UNAVAILABLE?

Your response would be appreciated.

Damage control team should be in FULL EFFECT at this point.

• 3. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE - DELAY
    GPRIMR1 Valued Member

Not bad if it's only your second; I've had 7 Epic 4G's all fail due to manufactorer's defects.

• 4. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE - DELAY
    vascrypt Newbie

u really expect sprint to credit you money for customs stopping our phones coming in? srsly? its customers like you that make me hate my job

• 5. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE - DELAY

If you want to KEEP your job, i'd recommend not implying you work for Sprint, while making comments such at the one above.  You never know how closely this discussions are monitored and you are indeed JUST  the messenger.  We are all frustrated at the situation and i'm sure if your employer *wink* shorted your check $200 and never told you when you were going to get it, for ANY reason, you might not be so understanding.

Just a word to the wise

• 6. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE - DELAY
    vascrypt Newbie

i actually had to buy mine for full price :X 614$ so i feel the pain of not being able to get the phone.. but its not sprints fault...also who says i work for sprint... i work retail.. i just dont like customers lol.. def ones that complain over stuff we cant controll

• 7. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE - DELAY
    Doctechx Expert

**** right...  It's not the delay that p!sses me off.  It's the terrible and deceptive way that Sprint has dealt with its customers.  I don't expect a credit (although, after working through 4 levels of issue escalation with Sprint CS, I did get a $15 account credit).  Yippy/sarcasm.  I just want to be able to cancel my order.  I need a phone.  I started a new line of service for this phone, and now I can't move forward with someone else because Sprint is hodling my $ hostage.  I don't buy any of the Sprint excuses at this point.  Don't tell me that Sprint didn't lie.  They told me my phone was in a warehouse in Kentucky.  That is past customs.  Therefore, they lied.  Also, Sprint should have directly confirmed with customs that there were no issues.  The point is they either knew and lied, or they didn't know but should have.  Incompetence.  Either way, they don't deserve my business.

• 8. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE - DELAY
    dshoem01 Gold Expert

Completely understand your frustration.  I don't have the answers to all of your questions but will see what I can find out. 

• 9. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE - DELAY

Definitely, not Sprints fault its delayed...that blame goes to apple, BUT Sprint is not being forthcoming with the information.  THAT is what everyone is ****** about.  Even now, Sprint has not offered any reasonable OFFICIAL statement, but has in fact deferred to HTC for comment. If Sprint gave us the skinny up front and allowed the consumer to make the educated decision about pre-ordering there would be much less of an uproar.  Most customers would have likely purchased anyway, as long as the info was given up front. 

Having paid $600+ for any item with reasonable expectation of delivery is insane! LOL! More power to you if you got it like that

We understand, or at least I do, that the people we actually communicate with are just the messengers who are being fed bad information, or no information at all.  Sad, but true. 

• 10. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE - DELAY

I'd appreciate that and WILL be watching this post, and all the others, for update.

Sincerely,

Looooooong time Sprint customer (8+ years)

• 11. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE - DELAY
    Slope72 Valued Member

Yes, I do expect compensation. Sure, Customs stopped the phones, but do you srsly believe that neither Spring nor HTC had an inkling that this would happen? Are you really satisfied that the users of this forum and not Sprint were the ones to dig online and find the information? Are you really satisfied that we've received NO updates from Sprint about our orders, other than the posts here from Sprint employees? If you're satisfied with that level of customer service, then I suppose you have lower standards than I do.

vascrypt wrote:

u really expect sprint to credit you money for customs stopping our phones coming in? srsly? its customers like you that make me hate my job

• 12. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE - DELAY
    MayFam3 Regular Visitor

Really dude? Hate your job? Everyone knows that U.S. Customs is holding up the phones but, it is Sprint that epically failed on communicating to the customer on where their phone is. It would be one thing if we have not paid for the phone and they are held up but, in reality we have paid for the phone and we are in the dark about where it is. I can almost guarantee you that Sprint was hoping to have the phones cleared in time for them to get them out to the customer but that obviously didn't pan out for them. Now they are getting **** because of their lack of communication. When checking my order, it stilll says, "Thank you for pre-ordering the EVO LTE. We will do our best to get it to you on or before the national launch. You can continue to check status of your order on www.sprint.com/myorder." It says nothing about the delay in U.S. Customs. The only way I have heard about this is on the Sprint Forums. They have not professionally communicated to the customers about what is going on. That is a terrible business practice and is frowned upon by many. Sprint needs to grow a pair and let its cusomters know what is going on. If they would have been up front and honest about the whole situation, I can guarantee you that the Sprint faithful would be less ****** off and understanding. Too bad it didn't happen that way.

• 13. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE - DELAY
    GhostsBullet Regular Visitor

I am absolutely amazed at the ridiculous comments made by so many people on this topic.  I pre-ordered the phone myself and am not happy at all at the prospect of not having my phone on the date expected.  However, how on earth anyone can be blaming sprint and expecting compensation from them is just moronic.  Sprint isnt the only place preorders were taken people....best buy, radio shack, amazon, wherever else you may have ordered the phone is in the same predicament. There have been numerous phones that people could pre-order with no expected delivery date at announcement of such, and yet people still did it. Interest on the money???? ***....most of the preorders are phones off contract or upgrades for 199.99, or new customers. I would imagine Sprint, Best Buy and others are the ones really taking the bite when the retail price they had to purchase directly from the company is higher than the 199.99. The real culprit here is Apple and their mission to halt any advancement in technology that they don't have a corner on financially.I am not a sprint employee, in fact I ordered my phone from Best Buy....stop blaming Sprint as a company...if your argument and demand for compensation were valid, then everyone that ordered a phone from everywhere deserves compensation. Cancel your order and go buy an IPhone from Verizon or AT&T and become a robotic idiot. Customer service from Sprint????? If you actually did any investigating, you would know that AT&T is also getting boned because the One X is also being held up.....AT&T, not Sprint only. I understand your frustration....no one wants this new phone more than I do....but take a pill and think about what you're really asking for.

• 14. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE - DELAY
    fireguy_6364 Master

sprint cant just shoot out information whenever they wish. true it would be nice to know what is going on..but like any other large company they have to get the go ahead to spill any and all information in case it could backlash onto them.

this doesnt however stop the "lil birdies" from slipping out info to sites like s4gru...so for the time being be glad for those lil birdies.

1 2 3 56 Previous Next