This discussion is archived
0 Replies Latest reply: May 29, 2012 1:01 PM by xMaire RSS

Sprint Phone Connect Issues ~  Beware of the BUSY SIGNAL ~ Customer Service NIGHTMARE $244.21 to Sprint for a product i never used.

xMaire Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

HELP ~   In April i  went in to a  Cedar Hill, Tx , Sprint shop for an iphone 4s. I came out with a Sprint Iphone4s  and Sprint Phone Connect.   I did need a basic home phone,  i had digital phone service before so my house was prewired, the Sprint service was a flat 19.99 a month, it was portable  .. Phone Connect sounded great.  I bought the product on April 14th. Maybe a week or so later i install everything for the Phone Connect. It appeared to be working fine, i make a call to a gf  and the line was busy and i thought nothing of it.  A few days later i use my home phone again and i get another busy signal.   I then called my Sprint iphone and received a busy signal as well so i understood there was an issue.

I went to Sprint.com and ended up in these support forums for this device and read the troubleshooting tips and tried them all. I have plugged it in, in every room of my house with no change, i have reset the device with the long code and waited 5 minutes, no change, i swapped out cords and power supplies with no change. I finally called in about my Sprint Phone connect and was told it seemed to be working properly, and whatever list they have show i live in an area that should have good signal. But no matter what i do, after i dial a number i receive a busy signal and everyone that calls me receives a busy signal. It's been a month, i tried. I decided to cancel the service.   I started a few days ago calling in via *2 to cancel just my Sprint Phone Connect.

Now for the customer service.

I started calling in before the weekend all to the *2,  one call dropped almost at the end and i was never called back, the next *2 call i was given an alternate number to call in to cancel my service (877.775.4886) Now today i call in again and am floored by Suzy,  i  have been  told i am responsible for a $200 early termination because i had 14 days to cancel the service. I THOUGHT IT WAS WORKING! I was over the 14 days once i realized something was wrong, but it seems o well too bad for me.  And the busy signal issue is a problem that is even listed on these forums as early as 2010)  Nor can my activation fee be returned $36.00. (as the consumer never being able to make or receive a call, it wasn't active). I was told i would receive a credit for the service and i assumed that would be the 19.99 and the 9.33.  BUT  I am seeing online i have a credit of $27.93 on my bill,  It is listed as a one time credit, and  doesn't add up to any of the Sprint Phone Connect charges..  I called in again (*2) and transferred soon after to  a manager named John.  He left me on hold longer than i am sure is Sprint policy without checking on the customer, while he checked the notes on my account,   and so help me 15 mins later i will not hang up!!   Back on the line, Only to be told i would have to wait for a call back.  He couldn't explain how the amount credited to me was calculated, or give me any other information till he spoke with the previous rep.  The previous rep wasn't a manager, i was told John was.  I don't understand why he couldn't help me even if i had to start all over.

Apr 14-Apr 27- Prorated Charges         

(469) 245-         

Apr 14 - Apr 27 Sprint Phone Connect     $9.33

Single Plan - Non-Prorated Charges         

(469) 245-        

Activation Fee-Additional Line     $36.00

Next Month         

Single Plan         

(469) 245-xxxx        

Sprint Phone Connect     $19.99

Spending Limit Program Charge        $1.83 

Spending Limit Program Charge        $4.99 

I am being charged currently $72.14 for the  Sprint Phone Connect.    Minus  the credit today of $27.93 = $44.21  Then add the $200 termination fee .

$244.21 to Sprint for a product I can't use.  How is this legal?  I wish it just would never have existed on my account.  Please Help. A proper explanation at the very least of why i have to be charged anythng for something that just won't work in my home.

Please keep in my mind i am still a Sprint Iphone customer, other than the reception in my house the phone and services on my Sprint iphone are great.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/84473

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/84635

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/69470

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/52951

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/84281

That busy signal seems to be costing me some bucks here. Please.

Message was edited by: xMaire For added fun on 5/29/2012 my Sprint iphone was disconnect for non payment.  I paid $200 this weekend and asked John, the last person i spoke with *2 SPECIFICALLY about the balance. The correct credit of my Sprint Phone Connect monthly charges and fee's would have covered the balance. I asked specifically. If all calls are monitored or recorded it can and will be heard on the call. I was told I was fine on my bill till this was sorted.   No one has called me back and no one has replied to this forum.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points