1 2 3 Previous Next 44 Replies Latest reply: Jul 7, 2013 2:06 PM by itsmerubend RSS

HTC EVO 4G LTE WILL NOT POWER ON

jashay03 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone had issues with  their device powering off and not turning back on? My device will no longer power on. It was fully charged at the time it cut off and there was no damage done to it. I called Sprint and they said 'try removing the battery' which we know is not possible. Long story short I will be getting a new device. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced problems?

• 1. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE WILL NOT POWER ON
    zx10guy Valued Member

jashay03 wrote:

I called Sprint and they said 'try removing the battery' which we know is not possible. Long story short I will be getting a new device. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced problems?

remove the battery? hahah....that's almost funny.  Sorry you're having a problem.  I'm curious, though, *when* will you be getting a replacement?  Surely it will take days or weeks (and will be *after* other pending orders are filled).  If you have to wait until the phones are officially released, I'd be very upset (why should you wait since you already have a phone?).....but, if you get a replacement quickly before the corporate store pre-orders get their's, we should all be upset that they have all these extra phones but won't give us our's

It's a non win-win situation for Sprint. 

Hope you can get your phone running.  I know you gotta be frustrated.         

• 2. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE WILL NOT POWER ON
    jashay03 Newbie

I will get my phone right away...  It was after speaking with a few reps and a manager. Then I was told they have a special stock for 'replacement phones.' Orginally I was told to send my phone back which will take 3-5 days for the return form to get to me and up to 10 days for them to confirm the replacement. Then I would get a new phone once they are in stock. Or I could pay the full price for the phone today and be credited back once they get my returned phone. I finally got it taken cared of where my phone should ship tomorrow (at no cost) and I just need to turn in the old phone within 10 days of getting the return kit.

I was loving the phone for the day that it worked. So disappointed it was defective :-(

• 3. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE WILL NOT POWER ON
    zx10guy Valued Member

Nice that you were taken care of.....but terrible that they have a stock of phones and so many of us "pre-ordered" through the corp store and still haven't even been contacted about when we should expect our order filled.  Hope it goes quickly for you.    

• 4. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE WILL NOT POWER ON
    Pblack86 Newbie

I thought I was the only person having this issue. I enjoyed the time I did use the phone. Sprint also told me about recieving a replacement kit in 3 to 5 days. After that waiting until it was recieved & reset my upgrade to whether I could purchase the phone again or purchase another device. At this point I was furious because of the wait along with the fact I've paid money for something that within a day not working..

• 5. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE WILL NOT POWER ON
    jashay03 Newbie

I hope you get your phone soon. The manager called the local corp store and they had some devices that they were learning how to work and repair (he wanted to see if they had one unboxed they could give me). They wouldn't give me one of the ones in the back but they did state it will be released with in a week (not sure if that type of information would be confirmed on that level but that is what they told me). So hopefully you get it soon!

• 6. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE WILL NOT POWER ON
    Markie_B Sprint Employee

I do apologize that any of you are having this issue. Can you try to hold the power button down for 10 seconds and then release? This is equivelent to "pulling" the battery.

Markie_B

• 7. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE WILL NOT POWER ON
    Pblack86 Newbie

I've already tried that and still got no response from the device unfortunately.

• 8. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE WILL NOT POWER ON
    jf1957 Valued Member

I have the exact same issue since last night after my phone shuts itself off.

Holding the power button down will do nothing.

• 9. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE WILL NOT POWER ON
    MadCityReefer Newbie

Something happend to my EVO 4g lte after the 1st day. I did a PRL update and after that it started to freeze up and power off. I did the hard reset and nothing so I charged it for a little while. I performed another hard reset and turned on for a sec or two then power off again. I tried few more times and it would stay on for a few minutes then power off again. I charged over night, did a hard reset and it turned on then froze up and powered off. Now it won't even turn on. I returned back to Best Buy no questions asked.

• 10. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE WILL NOT POWER ON
    PDBLUE1412 Newbie

My phone just did the exact same thing about 20 min ago and doesnt work period!  Ive had my phone for 2 days and will be going back to the Sprint Store as soon as they open!! Im FURIOUS about this!!

• 11. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE WILL NOT POWER ON
    RalphHughes Newbie

My EVO 4G pulled that trick yesterday. Powered the phone off on an airplane; 20 minutes later when we landed it would nto power back up!   Pulling the battery seemed to remedy the problem.   I've had the phone for about 3 months and this is the first trouble I've had.    

Can't help but wonder if it's related to a firmware push from sometime last week...

• 12. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE WILL NOT POWER ON
    OMI_MN Newbie

The exact same thing happened to me today - was talking with someone and it just went dark, phone wouldn't respond at all.  I brought it to a store and since I just received it on Monday they gave me a new one but I lost some important data that is not saved to the SD card.  Very frustrating.  Makes me very worried about the stability of this phone.

• 13. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE WILL NOT POWER ON
    PDBLUE1412 Newbie

Ralph...this discussion is about the new Evo LTE....which doesnt allow you to pull the battery like the Evo4G does.

• 14. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE WILL NOT POWER ON
    PDBLUE1412 Newbie

OMI - I took my LTE back to Sprint today and returned it and reactivated my old Evo4G....Im not going to risk this problem again due to my jobs and my phone being my "lifeline"....as with the first released 4Gs, they had issues...then the second generation 4Gs came out and were good for the most part....Im going to wait til the LTE is out longer before I buy it again so that the next released batch of them will hopefully have the bugs worked out.  I LOVE HTC and will wait patiently for them to make things right :)

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points