Samsung Conquer 4G Software Update - FE16
- 4G Modem Update - not customer impacting
- Lock screen changes - swipe in any direction to unlock
- Software version is GINGERBREAD.FE16
- Download and install time is approximately 5 minutes
- Released in stages with 100% of devices having received the update within 10 days
- Refer to the Samsung Conquer 4G Software Updates blog for install instructions
download/install went fine.
like the look of the new lock screen, however, it no longer has the quick swipe to turn sound on/off that the old one did and where the conquer has no physical switch for this, it means I now have to unlock the phone and access the sound settings to do so.
Anyone have any suggestions on a quicker way to get this done?
Here's what you get if you talk to sprint chat (lame):
Basher G: Thank you so much for your time. I discussed this case actually the Ota updates are given periodically from Samsung. The Software version Fe 16 is the newest release that fixes the 4G modem firmware update and lock screen UI change.Users can now touch anywhere on the lock screen and then Swipe in any direction to unlock the device, security unlock features like pin lock pattern lock are not affected by this change. Samsung time to time provides ota updates and we can't control the update which Samsung/Sprint send for its devices.
I'm just chiming in to say that my girlfriend's Samsung Conquer received this update today, and she's upset about the loss of the lock-screen silence toggle as well, so please add us to the tally of people who are upset enough to come here to post (which I have to presume is a very small fraction of those who are upset and don't bother/know to come here to post).