1 7 8 9 10 11 12 Previous Next 173 Replies Latest reply: Sep 20, 2012 12:43 PM by SA_twospirits Go to original post RSS
  • 120. Re: Galaxy Note/ Journal
    santaclaus007 Valued Member
    Currently Being Moderated

Now this is a great way to start off the holiday weekend! Sources from the highest level of the government have leaked the supposed release dates for Magenta’s upcoming Samsung Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note and myTouch by Huawei.

• Samsung Galaxy S III 16GB Metallic Blue – June 20th
    • Samsung Galaxy S III 32GB Metallic Blue – June 20th
    • T-Mobile myTouch (Huawei Phoenix) – July 11th
    • T-Mobile myTouch (Huawei Buddy) – July 11th
    • Samsung Galaxy S III 16GB Ceramic White – July 11th
    • Samsung Galaxy Note – July 11th

If these dates are legitimate, T-Mo customers can look forward to getting the magnificent GSIII in metallic blue in less than a month. Let’s hope this all pans out in what looks to be a killer summer for T-mobile.

source: tmonews

Well, Sprint when do we see the Note and Galaxy III with Sprint?  Your customers are waiting patiently, but not much longer once you don't have the phones the people want!

• 121. Re: Galaxy Note/ Journal
    lastone4me2 Newbie

Has any one ever seen Moneyball ? The problem is that there are rich teams (AT&T-Verizon) then there are poor teams (US Cellular-Metro-Boost-Virgin) then theres 50 feet of **** (Cellular One-Cingular all dead in a sense) then there is sprint ! First it was the extra $10 data charge. Then the bills went up $10 and we are still paying the extra $10 data charge :-/ That would be fine because Im still paying a lot less than the others. But it was like they pushed it out on the table when no one was looking ! Verizon got a Beats phone first. That would be ok too, But now that sprint is finally getting one it looks like a $10 phone and with out the Beats logo on the back to boot ! "You know what happens to the runt of the litter ? It dies." Im tired of going into places like Best Buy and having to walk away from the "Cool Phone" section feeling like trailor trash because my carrier is on the same welfare line as my mom !!!

• 122. Re: Galaxy Note/ Journal
    ecbarroga Regular Visitor

This maybe old news, Galaxy Note, according to T Mobile news, it will be release on July 11, it seems like there won't be a CDMA version, so head on to Tmobile or AT&T and activate it on MVNO's. ST at $45.00, RP at $60.00.

• 123. Re: Galaxy Note/ Journal

It does appear Sprint is behind the times, will they get the Galaxy III or the Note, seems every other phone sustem is beginning o start to advertise them, but not Sprint.  Anyone from Sprint listening?

• 124. Re: Galaxy Note/ Journal
    GalaxyNOTEpls2012 Newbie

Ok its Time ..sprint you did it once ..With the The Evo ,Big powerful customizable  phone that was the envy of the phone world in 2010 MINUS iphone fanboys , the THUNDERBOLT (verizon) and the INSPIRE from (att) were the copycats but thats going on 3+ yrs ago now.And riding the evo name into the ground with (SHIFT,LTE,3D)Versions  ISNT the way.The money thats tied up in the network Thats being built and the flagship phones that were decided on last yr.are holding this back a bit ..BUT i want the sprint network version of this phone ,But ive heard the current note has some power issues,screen dead pixel issues and network issues ...if sprint could fix these issues on a unlimited network with icecream installed and a sprint version color scheme  ..This would bring the EVO Feeling back you guys were searching for !!!!!!!!!!!

• 125. Re: Galaxy Note/ Journal
    MeatMan69 Expert

GalaxyNOTEpls2012 wrote:

Ok its Time ..sprint you did it once ..With the The Evo ,Big powerful customizable  phone that was the envy of the phone world in 2010 MINUS iphone fanboys , the THUNDERBOLT (verizon) and the INSPIRE from (att) were the copycats but thats going on 3+ yrs ago now.And riding the evo name into the ground with (SHIFT,LTE,3D)Versions  ISNT the way.The money thats tied up in the network Thats being built and the flagship phones that were decided on last yr.are holding this back a bit ..BUT i want the sprint network version of this phone ,But ive heard the current note has some power issues,screen dead pixel issues and network issues ...if sprint could fix these issues on a unlimited network with icecream installed and a sprint version color scheme  ..This would bring the EVO Feeling back you guys were searching for !!!!!!!!!!!

What's wrong with your memory? It's been 2 years since the Evo 4G launched, not 3 years. HTC created and sold too many phones last year and they admitted it. This new Evo 4G LTE is Sprint's flagship phone and is the best Android phone currently on the market. The Samsung SIII will come out late June, early July, and then everyone can argue over who's got the best phone. The Note is not for everyone. I saw one and held it up to my head. It was BIG and I could see where owners talking on it would get second looks, not in a good way.....

BTW

I spoke with a tech who works at fixing Sprint cell phones every day for the last 5 years.

When asked should I go with the Samsung or the HTC based on build quality, since you fix them all which one should I purchase?

He said he would buy the HTC Evo 4G.

Mind you he doesn't sell them and has no reason to steer me one way or the other.

• 126. Re: Galaxy Note/ Journal

Here is info on the Gallaxy III:

T-Mobile and AT&T have joined the FCC party with their variants of the Samsung Galaxy S3, leaving us worried about the other versions not showing up on time. Many of you are hoping to get Samsung’s flagship device on Sprint and Verizon. And if you are one of them, you will be glad to know that both CDMA versions of the device have just strolled through the FCC.

While we are not exactly sure if these devices will be blessed with 2 GB of RAM memory, it is very possible. The LTE-friendly, Snapgragon S4 versions are the ones said to come with the higher amount of RAM. Both Sprint and Verizon variants come with EV-DO and LTE compatibility, making it very likely that we will be seeing those 2 GB of glory.

To top it off, it seems like Verizon’s Galaxy S3 will also be a global device. The FCC documents report that the SCH-I535 will feature additional support for GSM and EDGE with 850 MHz and 1900 MHz radios. Yes, you might be left without 3G when abroad, but that is still a step forward for Verizon devices.

We are still left wondering how the carriers will be changing the aesthetics of the Samsung Galaxy S3. Each variant has been completely different for past iterations of Galaxy S devices. But we have seem that T-Mobile’s variant of the Galaxy S3 is identical to the international version. This could mark a new beginning where we get the same Galaxy S3 device in all carriers.

[Source: FCC 1, FCC 2 Via: Pocket Now]

http://phandroid.com/2012/06/02/fcc-verizon-and-sprint-samsung-galaxy-s3-variants-complete-the-circle/

NOW WHAT ABOUT THE NOTE?

• 127. Re: Galaxy Note/ Journal
    Tybore Newbie

I have been a loyal sprint customer for 20+ years.  I would like to stay with sprint, but I am tired of being months and months behind the rest of the world.  If sprint doesn't have something that looks like a firm date for the Galaxy Note by July, I am gone.

• 128. Re: Galaxy Note/ Journal
    noteme Newbie

Loyal Sprint customer who has in the past been with SBC/AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile (will never go back to any of them!) however I am starting to get very fed up with Sprint (may have to give up wireless altogether ).  I am interested in the Galaxy Note and hope that before my contract expires that they get it in stores in mass quanity because it is going to be a feeding frenzy when and if it finally hits.

I am not just frustrated with the communication over the Galaxy Note, but I am frustrated with the network and current phone selections DROPPING CALLS all the time with FULL SIGNAL BARS.  I have been to the one and only repair center in my town and they can not seem to do anything about it.

Sprint if you are wanting to make money and keep customers then you need to find a way to edge the competition!

• 129. Re: Galaxy Note/ Journal
    chris__c Regular Visitor

It's time to face the facts, the Note is not going to happen on Sprint, period. The Galaxy S3 is thier next flagship. Not the Note that I want, but at this point I think Sprint is lucky they were even able to get that. If you absolutely need a new phone now, then get that. The rumors leaked last week that that the Note 2 will be released in October 2012. My contract is up 3 months later, and if there is no announcement of the Note 2 by then, I'm getting off this sinking ship.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/350681/20120611/samsung-galaxy-note2-release-october2-5-5in.htm

• 130. Re: Galaxy Note/ Journal
    Electrezz Regular Visitor

For the longest I was determined to have a galaxy note and was really stuck on getting one but after a little time and getting to know the galaxy s3 I have decided to go with it. It has a large 4.8in screen with a 1.5 ghz dual core processor with 2gb of ram which is a fast phone. Its just the perfect size not to mention the features it has in hand 8mp camera with burst mode and other camera features that allow you to record and take pictures at the same time also the buddy share and other great facial recognition features allowing you to easily send photos to your friends,also smart stay and smart alert. Also the smoothness of the phone. Also there's the cpen that you can use to write and draw very similar to the galaxy note, and I can say although I was extremly close to leaving Sprint I have preordered the Galaxy S3 with a cpen to fill that void and I am,very satisfied with my decision. At the end of the day the features and use of the cpen outweighed the slighty larger screen of the galaxy note.     

• 131. Re: Galaxy Note/ Journal
    Th3Phoenix Silver Expert

Chris, 

Thanks for sharing the link. I gave up on the Note on Sprint,  in fact I am not getting a new phone this year.  i like the Note because of the size.

Maybe by the time Note 2 is out,  Sprint LTE network will be close to finish . . . . .

• 132. Re: Galaxy Note/ Journal
    Zenstorm Regular Visitor

The Galaxy S3 is the best option out there.  It is the perfect size while being .2" short of a 5" screen.  Plus with it being internationally the same except for cpu... compatability/accessories will be easy.

Electrezz here is some reassurance that you made the right decision. Just watch the video all the way through to the end and imagine using the gaming control portion with the Allshare wireless dongle. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46IiRyigUH0&feature=g-all-u

• 133. Re: Galaxy Note/ Journal
    CANDEEGIRL002 Newbie

HELLO ALL,

att. SPRINT,        I TOO HAVE BEEN A CUSTOMER FOR MANY YEARS (NEXTEL),  AND I TOO THINK THAT IT HAS TAKEN FAR TOO LONG FOR US (the customers) TO BE ABLE TO GET THE "NOTE".    I HAVE ALSO LOOKED INTO CHANGING TO AT&T, BUT I HAVE MORE THAN ONE PHONE ON MY ACCOUNT WHICH MAKES ME THINK TWICE.     IT LOOKS LIKE IT HAS NOW BEEN 2 MONTHS SINCE THE FIRST POST, WHAT IS THE NEWS NOW??!!??!!

• 134. Re: Galaxy Note/ Journal
    Missmelmcm Newbie

I agree.  I am dying to get this phone.  The phone I have is the LG Optimus and its a POS.  3 months after getting it I have had nothing but issues.  Now, It's been a year since I've had this phone.  Almost a month ago, I went to a Best Buy and he saw me eyeing that Note...He said that Sprint announced they were next to get it, and I just found out that, sprint is getting a different Samsung.  I WANT THE NOTE.  I HATE ATT&T I will never give them another hard earned penny of mine, and yet they have the best phones.  What is the deal?  Why is it taking so long for us to get a phone that has been out for 9 months?  I don't want to switch providers, but I have to say i'm VERY unhappy.  On top of being given wrong information by Best Buy, the represenative that I spoke to at Sprint a couple weeks ago, also gave me wrong information.  So, I call up sprint at 11:00 AM and WOOHOO I'm talking to India!  Not only can I not understand them, she "escalated" my call to a Supervisor, and the first thing he says is, "I understand you would like to file a complaint because Best Buy gave you incorrect information."  I NEVER had that come out of my mouth, I told him he needs to listen to the recorded phone conversation.  I'm just getting more ****** off about this.  PLEASE, someone at Sprint, let us know when we are getting this phone.  I've been with you guys for 6 years and this girl is about to go elsewhere.  I don't want this to sound wrong, but since I'm on my soap box,  WHY AM I TALKING TO INDIA IN THE LATE MORNING IN THE STATES?  OMG... Please. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...