1 2 3 12 Previous Next 169 Replies Latest reply: Aug 13, 2012 12:01 PM by Dennis_Midkiff RSS

not receiving  calls

bigballing34 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

so my evo lte is not recieving phone calls i went to sprint and they said 4 people came in with the same problem and they will let me know when its fixed so there is a outage in NC. Any one else had a problem with there ottorbox case?

• 1. Re: not receiving  calls
    MIRANDAGK Newbie

I am in NJ and am also having a problem with my HTC Evo. Can't receive or make calls ever since this morning.

• 2. Re: not receiving  calls
    smotrs Master

Wow, how did we get from Not Receiving phone calls to Problems with Otterbox Case? 

• 3. Re: not receiving  calls

haha i just thought i would throw that in there to see if anyone else was having the same problems the ottorbox case is causing my phone to restart

• 4. Re: not receiving  calls
    smotrs Master

Yeah, I've actually heard that a couple times as well regarding the OtterBox. Not sure what people are doing other then taking them back and getting different cases.

• 5. Re: not receiving  calls
    amharh Newbie

Same issues here in NC.  I upgraded two lines last week (both to Evo LTE).  Couldn't receive calls.  Talked with customer support, said they were defective so we brought them to store.  The store confirmed that it might be the case...so we got 2 new ones.  Still same problem.  I'm inside of my 14 day window and may drop sprint.

From what I'm reading it seems to be more of a software or network problem than an Evo LTE issue.  I would be happy to know that it's a recoginzed issue and that a fix will be out in a certain amount of time.  I haven't even seen recognition of the problems except by users on boards like this. 

• 6. Re: not receiving  calls
    smotrs Master

Several issues have been recognized, including the network issues some of these phones are having. Supposedly, allot of it is going to be addressed in  MR currently in the works.

• 7. Re: not receiving  calls
    adam1492 Regular Visitor

This is good news.  Thanks for sharing.  I talked with Sprint today and there are no bulletins on this phone or notice that the rep could find.  Still seems weird to me that there isn't some sort of notice out yet. 

Do you know when this is targeted to be released?  My hope is that it happens in a few days.  I have until the 18th until my 14 day trial runs out.  I can't really give this phone a good go unless this comes out. 

Still debating on returning it...like the phone, but not receiving calls is a killer and I don't want to get stuck with a phone that doesn't work fully for months and months....

• 8. Re: not receiving  calls

i was told it should be fixed on the 14th if i was u i would wait until then and if its not fixed return the phone. There is no need to pay for service that is not working right. thats another thing when i talk to sprint on the phone they say there is no problem with network but when i go to the store they say there is to me something is going on. why wouldent u let your customers know about the problem

• 9. Re: not receiving  calls
    smotrs Master

No, the admins on this site know an MR is in the works but not when it will be released.

• 10. Re: not receiving  calls
    fireguy_6364 Master

if im remembering right the otterbox has a sealed button that is making it REALLY easy to push against the on/off button..soon as its in your pocket or anything any slight pressure is already pushing against that button and presto...you just did the 10 second button hold to restart your phone lol.

bigballing34 wrote:

haha i just thought i would throw that in there to see if anyone else was having the same problems the ottorbox case is causing my phone to restart

• 11. Re: not receiving  calls
    Shane_M Sprint Employee

amharh wrote:

Same issues here in NC.  I upgraded two lines last week (both to Evo LTE).  Couldn't receive calls.  Talked with customer support, said they were defective so we brought them to store.  The store confirmed that it might be the case...so we got 2 new ones.  Still same problem.  I'm inside of my 14 day window and may drop sprint.

From what I'm reading it seems to be more of a software or network problem than an Evo LTE issue.  I would be happy to know that it's a recoginzed issue and that a fix will be out in a certain amount of time.  I haven't even seen recognition of the problems except by users on boards like this.

Are you still not able to receive any calls at all or is it just occasionally not receiving calls? Also when you experience this do you still receive a missed call or voicemail? What does the caller hear on their end?

• 12. Re: not receiving  calls
    adam1492 Regular Visitor

Yes, I am still experiencing this (I'm amharh - had to create a new profile).  It is not occassionally happening it's constant and very consistent.  It is dependent to where I am.  If I'm in my town with full signal...no calls.  If I go to another town it may or may not work depending on the town.  I know which areas work based on recent experience and testing.  Seems to having something to do with the tower I am connected to.  Airrave will work.  I've called in 4 or 5 times on this issue and not gotten clear information as to acceptance of a problem.  I don't mind if there's a problem (I realize there will be known issues), but I've not been told it's a known problem.  A quick google search will show that many, many, many people are experience very similar problems. 

The caller notices nothing different than if I just missed the call.  It rings a few times and goes to voicemail.  I will get the vm, but no missed call.

• 13. Re: not receiving  calls
    Shane_M Sprint Employee

adamhoward36 wrote:

Do you know when this is targeted to be released?  My hope is that it happens in a few days.  I have until the 18th until my 14 day trial runs out.  I can't really give this phone a good go unless this comes out. 

Still debating on returning it...like the phone, but not receiving calls is a killer and I don't want to get stuck with a phone that doesn't work fully for months and months....

When you called in and spoke with us did you go through any troubleshooting? If so could you please list them. Did you experience any issues with your previous phone? Could you please post the exact address of a nearby business or work address?

• 14. Re: not receiving  calls
    adam1492 Regular Visitor

For troubleshooting, I've been through new network profiles (or at least an update), update prl, amd check for firmware.  This was done by entering in the code sequence on my phone starting with ##.  The phone reboots and runs it's checks.  I can't remember the number sequence or codes.

I've also had a hard restart (factory) done at a sprint repair store with no luck.  Nearby business is:

Fuquay Varina Walmart Supercenter Store #2836 

1051 E Broad St

Fuquay Varina, NC 27526

I've had both the HTC Hero and Original Evo.  Neither had any problems like this.  Just to ocassional signal issues.

1 2 3 12 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...