Samsung Galaxy SIII Software Update - LF9
- Security update
- Software version is: L710VPLF9
- Software update will be pushed to existing Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII customer on 6/29/12.
- New devices being activated will receive the Software Update after the completion of the Hands Free Activation process.
- Refer to the Samsung Galaxy SIII Software Updates for install instructions
Check for updates (only available if 'install later' was selected in step 1 above)
1. Go to the Home screen
2. Tap Menu > Settings > About phone > System updates >Update Android
3. Your phone will automatically download and install any available updates. You may need to power your phone off and back
on to complete the software update.
I do not have "Update Android". I have Update PRL, Profile, Samsung Software and Firmware. Clicking on all of these tells me everything is up to date.. My current build number is L710VPALEN.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
fireguy, what you said doesn't make any sense. I did my update 2 days AFTER the update was available. No batch distribution would take that long. And, they don't need to batch it because the update is user-initiated, not an automatic download.
I posted my experience to help other people in case they saw the message that their software was already up to date.
not hard to understand...the OTA updates get PUSHED out in batches. you can MANUALLY go look for them..but even then most of the time you wont get it...which is why most are getting the "phone is up to date" messages. all smart phones are the same when it comes to these updates.
not to mention that the original message says it will be PUSHED to customers on 6/29/12...which is why they have the option in settings to automatically download updates...if this ISNT checked then you would have to manually do it until it actually goes through
Sprint is proud to have been named to The Civic 50, an annual survey of America?s most community-minded companies.