6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 6, 2012 3:56 PM by cityw5 RSS

HTC EVO 4G LTE signal vs. S3

torizwan Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

I am debating whether I should switch from EVO 4G LTE to S3 given that the signal quality is not as good as my old EVO 4G.  I have dropped calls and data is way to slow compared to EVO 4G (using 3G).  Not sure if the new phone is the problem or the Sprint Service has gone bad.

-rf

• 1. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE signal vs. S3
    smotrs Master

Both phones seem to be hit or miss for a number of users. Some users are having absolutely no problem with connection and signal on both phones whereas other users are going in and out of signal with either phone. Both forums seem to have a number of threads pointing to the signal issue.

I have access to 4 phones between mine and my friends. Of these, 1 of the phones is having signal issues. In this instance, I think it's the device. Others in different regions are having tower/network issues. They could have a perfect phone but due to work or issues in their area, we don't know.

• 2. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE signal vs. S3
    Shane_M Sprint Employee

torizwan wrote:

Hi,

I am debating whether I should switch from EVO 4G LTE to S3 given that the signal quality is not as good as my old EVO 4G.  I have dropped calls and data is way to slow compared to EVO 4G (using 3G).  Not sure if the new phone is the problem or the Sprint Service has gone bad.

-rf

If you're just going by the signal bars on the top of the screen that's not a very good measure of signal quality, but I would be glad to check your area for any network issues. Could you please post an exact address of a near by business or work location?

• 3. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE signal vs. S3
    fireguy_6364 Master

NOT your home address..if youre going to post the closest to your home drop the closest cross streets along with your zip.

• 4. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE signal vs. S3
    torizwan Regular Visitor

At home I have the airave so not an issue there.  Mainly at work is where I have the problem.  Sporatic to no 3G and voice calls get dropped and incoming go into VM.  With my old EVO 4G at least the calls did not get dropped and incoming would work just fine and so did 3G (slow due to weak signal).

Cross street: First st. and Skyport, San Jose CA

I am not going just by bars it is the over-all experience compared with my old EVO 4G

-rf

• 5. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE signal vs. S3
    smotrs Master

I agree, unless your PM'ing your address to Shane, then only post your closest cross streets in the forums.

• 6. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE signal vs. S3
    cityw5 Expert

Just did a speed test side-by-side with my original Evo 4g and my friend's 4GLTE here in Chicago, and 3 g speeds are pretty much the same time after time.  They are slow, but the same.  I know they are doing a lot of work on the towers here, and I wonder if the worse recpetion for some of you is from the network work, rather than the Evo (or the S3 for that matter). By the way, the crazy kids working at best buy are saying that LTE will be turned on in Chicago July 28th.  Are they trying to make a quick sale or do they have real info?  Hmmmmmmm.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points