4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 2, 2012 2:30 PM by JennyB1127 RSS

low signal and dropped calls w/ s3

strawberrycakes Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I have a poor signal and have lost several calls with my galaxy s3. My boyfriends Evo 3D has 3 to 4 bars while mine only has one tiny barely a bar there that drops constantly. Anyone else have this problem? I did install the latest android update but it has not made a difference. I'm not even sure exactly what the update was suppose o improve other than security of some sort. Just wondering if I should try a different phone.

• 1. Re: low signal and dropped calls w/ s3
    cylee.htc Regular Visitor

havent had any dropped calls yet but the reception is horrible and i keep losing data connectivity. when it works, its super slow. beyond 56k dial up speeds. hoping for a update to fix all this or im going to have to file a complaint. already called in once and they had me do some kind of reset that worked initially but ended up being the same later.

• 2. Re: low signal and dropped calls w/ s3
    strawberrycakes Newbie

I called them to just to let them know. I lost that call too , they had to call me back. Lol and the Eve 3d in the same room was being used send had no issues.

Was hoping if they were informed enough a change could be made to improve reception. Also let them know Google Wallet wasn't operating as well, even after update.

• 3. Re: low signal and dropped calls w/ s3
    OleJesse Valued Member

Just to add, in addition to the comments I made on my thread 'S3 Buyers Beware', where I listed a bunch of things I found on my phone that pointed to it being a used one, it also dropped calls.  My white S3 doesn't drop calls, and I tried using both of them in the same location at the same time.  Sounds like you got a defective phone.

Check out my thread and see if any of the things I listed apply to your phone.  I hope they don't but it might be worthwhile for you to check that list.  Good luck

• 4. Re: low signal and dropped calls w/ s3
    JennyB1127 Newbie

I am having the same issues with Samsung S3 White 16G.  I want to take it back but they have no phones in stock to replace....and I don't want the Iphone.  They have to fix this.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points