This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 3, 2012 10:05 AM by raylitherland67 RSS

Signal shows as "Extended" in the 60448 area for the past week.

FreddlV Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I've been living in the 60448 area since 2004, and I've always had full signal strength.  For the past week, though, my signal has been showing up as "Extended."  Is anyone else having this problem?  Does anyone know of any network changes in the area?  Thanks.

• 1. Re: Signal shows as "Extended" in the 60448 area for the past week.
    raylitherland67 Sprint Employee
    Currently Being Moderated

I see that there are a couple of towers that are being upgraded as well as a couple of towers that are down for other reasons. Here are details for the towers being upgraded:

Cell Site is being upgraded to Network Vision. Temporary impairments causing increased Drops and Blocks may occur, in addition to instances of missed calls/calls rolling to voicemail, and other voice service anomalies. Upgrade should be complete soon and service should be improved.

I can understand this is frustrating for you and we are aware of this issue. I can assure you we are working to not only fix it, but improve your overall customer experience in the area. I will report this issue to our network team.

Here are the details for the other 2 towers being down:

Ticket number 9215795, At 2012/07/03 00:23:03 we experienced the following Problem(s) in the Chicago : Chicago Market: Voice (Out of service) EVDO Connection (No Service). ETR 07/03/2012 19:54 CST.

Ticket number 9235636, At 2012/06/29 15:57:20 we experienced the following Problem(s) in the Chicago : Chicago Market: Single Cellsite (Out of Service). ETR 07/07/2012.

The ETR is just an estimate and can change at anytime.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points