This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply: Jul 17, 2012 12:12 AM by Brunoman1 RSS

LG Viper 4G LTE

Brunoman1 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

I'm looking for input on the LG Viper 4G LTE phone being offered by Sprint.  I currently

have the Nextel Mototola i880 and am looking to replace it with a phone that is more

suitable to email, texting and Internet.  Would appreciate any input on the LG Viper

phone and how it works for those.

Looking to seeing the input

gumboman

• 1. Re: LG Viper 4G LTE
    SALSA1201AB Valued Member

I have an LG viper and love it, it does everything I want it to do very well. Mine has been very stable and reliable. It doesnt lag up or freeze on me, takes nice pictures, plays games well and is priced very good all that it does. Their are a few nice features to the phone that I love, one is that its the first sprint phone that can talk and surf the internet on 3g at the same time no wifi needed, nexted it has NFC which is Near Field Comm this lets you transfer data with another NFC phone or device it also supports google wallet which lets your pay for items at supporting retailers, and when you get the phone activate google wallet from the phone and you get 25 dollars free to do with as you please at those NFC retailers. Also it supports the new LTE network and is suppose to be upgraded to the new android operating system a little later on. Over all I have been impressed with the Viper, the only down side I have found is when wifi is turned on the battery drains faster than normal, but I still go 18 to 24 hours between charges. Hope this helps make your decision.

• 2. Re: LG Viper 4G LTE

Thanks for the insights.  I will probably go with it - need to get out of my current phone.

• 3. Re: LG Viper 4G LTE

Salsa,

I went ahead and upgraded to the LG Viper 4G LTE phone today and am trying to get use to it.  One question (for now   When the phone is not in use, how do you turn it off so the battery is not consuming time.  I press the button on the top right size and that closes the window and blacks it out, but does that really turn it off, or should I do something to shut it off when not in use (at night, etc)?

Thanks for any insights

brunoman

• 4. Re: LG Viper 4G LTE
    14KNIGHT Sprint Employee

Press and hold the Power/Lock button for two seconds until you see the powering-down animation on the display screen.

Tap Power off and then tap OK

• 5. Re: LG Viper 4G LTE

Thanks 14Knight, got it.  One more question - how do I turn of the music on power on and power off, without impacting the volume of the phone when talking to some on the phone.

Thanks again

brunoman

• 6. Re: LG Viper 4G LTE
    14KNIGHT Sprint Employee

I do not see a setting for that in the user guide many phones do not have this feature.

• 7. Re: LG Viper 4G LTE

Ok, here's another question - I have an account on Yahoo!  and am trying to setup access to it on the phone "My Yahoo!).  In trying to enter the user name, it is "firstname_lastname" - I can't seem to figure out how to get the underscore between the first & last name in there.  How do I enter that underscore.  I see on the screen what looks like the underscore, hit it but just get a blank space between them?

Thanks

• 8. Re: LG Viper 4G LTE
    14KNIGHT Sprint Employee

lower left side of the keyboard you will see a key that has sym on it tap that key and it will bring up the symbols like the underscore.

• 9. Re: LG Viper 4G LTE

Thanks, got it, but still learning   I'm still trying to figure out how to go to/search for certain website so I can add them to my favorites list.  Haven't figured that out yet.

Thanks again

• 10. Re: LG Viper 4G LTE

Hi 14knight,

Another quick question, once you have added a "Bookmark" and no longer want it in there, how do you remove, I looked thru the phone and the documentation, but could not figure out how to remove one?

Thanks

• 11. Re: LG Viper 4G LTE
    Markie_B Sprint Employee

Brunoman1,

Thank you for your post regarding removing bookmarks. If you want to remove a bookmark after you have added it, just go to your bookmarks, find the one you want to remove, press on the bookmark until another window pops up, scroll to delete bookmark, confirm deletion and that's it. Hope that proves helpful.

Markie_B

• 12. Re: LG Viper 4G LTE

Thanks Markie - got it works just fine!

Thanks again.

• 13. Re: LG Viper 4G LTE
    Markie_B Sprint Employee

Brunoman1,

Anytime. Please let us know if we can be of any additional assistance!

• 14. Re: LG Viper 4G LTE

Hi Markie,

I'm still getting use to the phone, and really like it so far!  Another question, of course, I have my main email set up, but would like to setup a second email.  I've read the documentation and it indicates I can, but haven't figured out how to do it yet.

Any tips?

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points