This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 31 Replies Latest reply: Sep 13, 2012 12:09 AM by liedcustomer RSS

Lte speed test results?

Pena420u Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Seen reports saying 2mbps uploads for sprint. & 13down. I'm seeing average of 20mbps down and peaks of 33mbps down. Averages of 8mbps up and peaks of 15.

• 1. Re: Lte speed test results?
    jazzyone57 Valued Member

That's better than my cable connection.  Land based ISPs better step it up or they'll be out of business!

• 2. Re: Lte speed test results?
    drumr4life Valued Member

I wish I could share my lte speed tests but I'm still not getting the signal here in Kansas City.

• 3. Re: Lte speed test results?
    jazzyone57 Valued Member

Have you tried updating your PRL database?

• 4. Re: Lte speed test results?
    drumr4life Valued Member

I gave that a try but did not seem to help.  Thanks anyway

• 5. Re: Lte speed test results?
    Th3Phoenix Silver Expert

@drumr4life

You may want to cycle your connection. Turn it to CDMA only and CDMA/LTE.

• 6. Re: Lte speed test results?
    maltz Regular Visitor

HOUSTON TEXAS, WE HAVE A PROBLEM!

From Sugar Land to downtown and now back to my office in SW Houston and have yet to see 4G on my EVO 4G LTE (7/16/12). I saw a 4G signal for about less than a minute near the Galleria late yesterday but then it was gone... For almost 2 weeks now ive been struggling with the 3G speed anticipating the July 15 date which has now come and gone. I should have waited to buy this phone and stuck with my original EVO 4G WiMax that worked great. Sprint continues to have the slowest speed of the top 3 carriers, Verizon, ATT, Sprint... Unfortunately, Sprints 3G is half the speed of other carriers' 3G and its making it difficult to stay with sprint. I understand they have no data cap but im debating on switching even though ive been a Sprint user of over 13 years. This slow speed is killing me! I give it 2 more days before i cancel Sprint service and return this phone before i hit the 14th day trial

• 7. Re: Lte speed test results?
    maltz Regular Visitor

I contacted Sprint about my LTE issue and was told there were no known issues in my area and sent a trouble ticket 19179492-120716. He had me reset my phone, cycle it and even switch cdma only/LTE but still have no LTE. On top of that, the 3G speed is so bad now. I am exactly 1.2 miles from the LTE tower here at work and 400 yards from the tower at home. My 3G test pings at 1275ms, DL 67KBps, UL 33Kbps... Do you know of any hardware incompatibilities on the EVO LTE? Any suggestions?

• 8. Re: Lte speed test results?
    Ysmely Newbie

I feel sorry for you. You should cancell your contract  as soon is possible. I had Sprint for about  a year and half and i started noticing low internet speed i mean (low low), i had to walk out of my bussines to be able to send a picture ( that is unacceptable) so i decided to cancel my contract. Now i have Metro PCS $50 a month and WOW it is not ATT or Verizon but so far i am happy  having  up to 5 mb  of LTE speed, i never had that on  Sprint for $80. Now just waiting im thinking to switch to Tmob or Att.

• 9. Re: Lte speed test results?
    Domovoy Regular Visitor

I got 29MB down in Olathe KS

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/94266

213122283[1].png

• 10. Re: Lte speed test results?
    maltz Regular Visitor

must be nice! I live 400 yrds from an LTE tower and my office is 1.3 miles from a tower. Both of which are said to be active with no fail reports. Myself along with others still cannot gonnect LTE and even our 3G service has drastically dropped. Houston TX... Tower located at 11200 Fondren LTE TOWER at 11200 Fondren.jpg

• 11. Re: Lte speed test results?
    CAMSTUFs Expert

http://www.speedtest.net/android/213493126.png

LTEvo replaced last week

StillI got no 4G LTE in Houston, I got on and off 3G in my own home...Sometimes phone says I'm roaming.

• 12. Re: Lte speed test results?
    Domovoy Regular Visitor

Not all towers are LTE yet. This one must be still old 3G.

• 13. Re: Lte speed test results?
    maltz Regular Visitor

negative, this as well as the one near my house are showing as active online LTE sites. The manager at the Sprint store is also working on figuring out whats going on. The tower near her loacation should be up too and she has no LTE and her 3G service is slim to none

• 14. Re: Lte speed test results?
    fireguy_6364 Master

do you have a link that shows which towers are active and which arent yet? if youre going by the sprint site map then that is slightly off..(this might not be your case) but most people have to remember that they only kicked on roughly 40% in each market...and some markets are large enough to contain a couple cities...so break that down and that LTE is going to be REALLY wide spread/hit and miss.

maltz wrote:

negative, this as well as the one near my house are showing as active online LTE sites. The manager at the Sprint store is also working on figuring out whats going on. The tower near her loacation should be up too and she has no LTE and her 3G service is slim to none

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...