This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 31, 2012 3:24 PM by jazzyone57 RSS

HTC EVO 4g LTE-Problem with sending video clips via text/sms messaging.

Delitefulness Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I like the phone, but so far the only issue I have is not being able to send videos via text/sms messaging. I always get a message that says the message is too large or cannot be attached to the message. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, any solutions/suggestions? Thanks.

• 1. Re: HTC EVO 4g LTE-Problem with sending video clips via text/sms messaging.
    JNASCAR24 Newbie

Yes I am having the same problem and after more than an hour with customer service (who really dont have a clue) I called HTC. This is not a phone issue, it is SPRINT setting there perimaters of sending videos so you CANT send them. They are limiting you from doing it. I will be going back to the store and they better resolve this or they can have their service back and I dare them to charge me early termination fee because they offer a service that I pay for but DO NOT RECIEVE because they limit it. I have "unlimited" data plan but they wont let the perimaters accept a vid to send sms. I had this same problem with my last phone and thought it was the phone itself and now I find out Sprint is the one screwing this. This comes straight from HTC by the way, they went through everything with me with this phone and there is no reason it shouldnt other than like they said. A real kicker to go with it is I actually had sprint cust service after 20 minutes on hold trying to tell me to download the app "quick" and send from there. I told them I do not being told to work around the problem that way that they should fix the problem so it works the way they advertise and for the way I pay to have it done. My suggestion is do like I am doing , either they fix the problem or they can cram their service and I WILL be glad to take them to court for charging me money and not providing part of the service that I PAY for, its call false advertising and theft by deception

• 2. Re: HTC EVO 4g LTE-Problem with sending video clips via text/sms messaging.
    Fergie_B Sprint Employee

Delitefulness,

I know how frustrating it can be when you want to send a picture or video and your phone says it's too large.  Unfortunately, all carriers to have limitations on the size of the content that the server can handle sending over the air via multi-media messaging.  With your particular phone, the resolution of your camera is so high, it's difficult to send something like a video over the air.

You do have some work-arounds though.  I send almost all of my phone videos via e-mail.  E-mail servers are going to have a much larger limitation on what it can send over the air.  Also, you can upload them to a third party such as Youtube and other web-based sharing applications.  Simply go to your gallery for your phone and click on the share icon, this will give you a list of alternate sharing options to allow you to share with your family and friends.

Hope this helps,

Fergie_B

• 3. Re: HTC EVO 4g LTE-Problem with sending video clips via text/sms messaging.
    jazzyone57 Valued Member

MMS is rapidly becomming obsolete.  Uploading media to social sites is so easy with the EVO LTE.  You can use your favorite photo and video sharing sites (facebook, youtube, flickr, etc.) to upload and simply direct your friends there with a link. 

The only reason to use MMS would be to send directly to someone using an older "feature phone," who can't access web content.  In that case, it's still possible, though it requries some thought in advance.   Before filming set the resolution of your pictures to small and video resolution to MMS and it should go through.  Don't expect it to look great on your state-of-the-art EVO HD screen, but it'll work on those old, low-res feature phones.

Ah, how quickly technology progresses!

• 4. Re: HTC EVO 4g LTE-Problem with sending video clips via text/sms messaging.
    MusicalMoodRin Newbie

My boyfriend has this phone but I still have the original EVO. He tried emailing me the video and nothing would show up and finally we realized we could Bluetooth it to each other and it works fine on my phone. So if a file is too large and you happen to be near each other just use Bluetooth.

• 5. Re: HTC EVO 4g LTE-Problem with sending video clips via text/sms messaging.
    smotrs Master

The video would need to be recroded in a much smaller resolution to be able to be sent over MMS. Maximum message size is 1mb seen at the following,

Messages > Menu > Settings > Multimedia Messages (MMS)

If your video is larger then that limit, you will continue to receive the message to large error.

• 6. Re: HTC EVO 4g LTE-Problem with sending video clips via text/sms messaging.
    jazzyone57 Valued Member

Good point.  I just checked: It works out to about one minute of video. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...