1 2 3 4 5 11 Previous Next 151 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2012 6:18 PM by Timbx Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
  • 30. Re: EVO keeps restarting
    Allen_CA Regular Visitor
    Currently Being Moderated

My original phone did all the thing you people mentioned. I ended up with a replacement due to bad data storage partition. My replacement phone has been zero problem with all the above mentioned problems.

What I did was get a tablet, use your phone as it has no problem, document what you were doing, the time, and what you did,

I spent less than an hour doing this and had three pages of issue. I used this info to explain the issue with the phone to sprint for an exchange.

• 31. Re: EVO keeps restarting
    smotrs Master

Allen, you should mark the above post as the Correct Answer, it will do two things. One, it will tell all users experiencing the issue that only a replacement fixed the problem for you. Two, it will give you 4 points. 

• 32. Re: EVO keeps restarting
    RC1024 Sprint Employee

We have this problem documented with the developers, HTC is investigating the matter, and they are working to resolve this in the form of a software update. I will post back if I find any more information.

• 33. Re: EVO keeps restarting
    frailer Valued Member

My 4G LTE has spontaneously rebooted 2 or 3 times since I got it. Each time when it recovers, the lock screen is changed from the way I have it set. I use the Weather lockscreen but after recovery the lockscreen displays a photo from my SD card (always the same photo which has absolutely no connection with weather). The really odd thing is that when I get into Personalize to set the lockscreen back to Weather, the system says Weather is the current lockscreen. But until I figured out a workaround, the lockscreen still displayed the photo from the SD card. I had to set the lockscreen to some choice other than Weather and then change it back to Weather.

So this hints that maybe the lockscreen routine is malfunctioning. You suggested that telling Weather not to update might solve the problem. I'm not clear where that can be done. I don't see anything that can be changed when I select the lockscreen. Is that setting found in the Weather app?

• 34. Re: EVO keeps restarting
    myevouser Regular Visitor

I read on another forum that you should disable "fast boot" and then do the "updates".  Also I avoid turning on "Wi-fi" unless there is a good signal.  I did this and Big improvement with fewer crashes, reduced restarting to only once every other day or so.

• 35. Re: EVO keeps restarting
    Suarez6466 Newbie

I have a HTC EVO 4G LTE it keeps restating on its own at least 5 times a day...and it keeps showing an error message to be send to HTC I went to Sprint store and they want me to pay then 35.00 to run test on the device due to cancelling my insurance coverage on such...I'm about to throw this phone accross the room everytime I'm on the phone talking to somebody and it suddently restarts without any action...at this point I have no idea what to do with my phone...they want me to get insurance to get a replacement phone, I desagree on paying 11.00 for then insurance and 100.00 for the deductible for a defective device they send me and I agreed to the 2 year contract...I will go to the store again today and surely hope they can do something for me because I'm tired of this restarting situation, even after wiping all my data/info/etc it kept restarting...

• 36. Re: EVO keeps restarting
    sprint_user_0 Regular Visitor

With my experience with Sprint so far Sprint can't handle software. I've had problems with all three handsets I've had including EVO 4G, Galaxy SII and now 4G LTE. I'm regretting renewing my contract. I've taken my LTE to two different repair centers and no luck. They say they can't find any issues but it keeps crashing on me. I have hours invested in setting up my device. When they recommend a hard reset would they pay me for my time to setup their ***** up.

• 37. Re: EVO keeps restarting
    RC1024 Sprint Employee

Hello Suarez6466, usually the deductible applies to cases of physical damage, which includes liquid damage. Do you recall why they wanted you to file a claim with Asurion?

• 38. Re: EVO keeps restarting
    RC1024 Sprint Employee

Hi sprint_user_0, as for many computing devices the potential for a factory reset is there. no matter who makes it, or which operating system it uses you may need to start from scratch at some point. if you have had similar problems with three different Android phones it could be an application that you've used, or data that you've stored on your phones/SD cards.

• 39. Re: EVO keeps restarting
    smotrs Master

RC1024 wrote:

Hello Suarez6466, usually the deductible applies to cases of physical damage, which includes liquid damage. Do you recall why they wanted you to file a claim with Asurion?

I'm guessing it's because she's past her 30 days and doesn't have insurance. But without physical damage I'm surprised they didn't try to put them in touch with HTC for a warranty claim.

• 40. Re: EVO keeps restarting
    smotrs Master

RC1024 wrote:

Hi sprint_user_0, as for many computing devices the potential for a factory reset is there. no matter who makes it, or which operating system it uses you may need to start from scratch at some point. if you have had similar problems with three different Android phones it could be an application that you've used, or data that you've stored on your phones/SD cards.

And on that note, I would try removing the SD Card, doing a Hard Reset and using the phone in it's stock configuratin a few days. Don't install any 3rd party apps that wheren't on the phone to begin with and see if it's an app causing it or the SD Card causing it.

• 41. Re: EVO keeps restarting
    Ramsey646 Product Ambassador

All-   Here is a little trick you might want to try before you hard reset the device.   The following instructions start your phone in Safe mode which basically dissables all 3rd party apps from firing up but allows all native functions of the device to run as normal.  If your device runs error free in safe mode start a witch hunt on your downloaded applications, if issues persist take the device to one of our Retail locations and have your software serviced by one of our Tech Support agents.

Instructions:

1. Turn the device off by pressing and holding the power button
    2. Once the device is off press and hold the power button until you see the white screen with the HTC branding
    3. Press and hold the volume down button until you see "Quietly Brilliant" flash across the screen
    4. Then press and hold the Menu button (still holding the volume down button) (Home button = menu button)

You will know it has worked because the device will give a brief vibrate or 3 quick vibes. Once it loads you will see “Safe Mode” on the bottom left of the screen. This disables all 3rd party apps and drivers from launching.

Thanks,

Scott

• 42. Re: EVO keeps restarting
    smotrs Master

Actually, your instructions are slightly off.

At the first White Bootup Screen that comes up, press and hold the Volume Down button until the very end. You will feel a quick vibrate then a longer vibrate. After the second longer vibrate the Desktop screen should show up with Safe Mode in the bottom left corner.

Volume Down button only, no need for Menu button to be pressed. Not sure which phone had those instructions but the LTEVO just requires the Volume Down button.

• 43. Re: EVO keeps restarting
    mle1234 Regular Visitor

I'd like totry safe mode to see if my email problems go away (no text reflow in email, so email is too wide and doesn't wrap to fit screen.  A couple time the text was small when I first opened a message and then expanded - before my very eyes).  If I try safe mode, how do I go back to regula mode?

Thanks

• 44. Re: EVO keeps restarting
    smotrs Master

Restart the phone normally.

1 2 3 4 5 11 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points