14 Replies Latest reply: Sep 3, 2013 6:50 PM by Patient_Patience RSS

LG Rumor Reflex - Continuous Reboot

Khuten Valued Member
Currently Being Moderated

Greetings

I have an LG Rumor Reflex that I got at the end of May 2012 when I was eligible for an upgrade.

I have previously posted in the LG Community about the problems I have encountered with continuous rebooting.  This is what I posted tonight just after 11 PM CDT:

Why I spoke too soon.  I had the phone shut down and charging this evening.  At 10:58 CDT the charging was done, I removed the connection and powered the phone on.  So far, 3 reboots followed after the phone came on.  Was I doing anything with it?  Why no, it was sitting on the coffee tabele and don't you know the 5th! reboot is underway as I type.

SPRINT/LG apparently is not interested in fixing this problem.  I suppose they are hoping it will just go away.

And here goes reboot #6.

From mid June until today the phone seemed to be working fine, however as noted above it has decided to act out again.  I am actually up to 12 reboots in 22 minutes.

As I finish this post I have reached 15 reboots and I have mercifully shut the phone down.  I will power it back up and see what it does.  If I return to continuous reboot I will attempt the same solution I tried earlier, removing and restoring my email accounts.  If that works temporarily, then I want payment for troubleshooting the problem.

I want an answer, and I seriously recommend you read what I posted in the other two threads in the LG Community before you start proposing anything.  I will tell you right now that factory reset is the WRONG answer.  If that is the best that you can come up with, I will assume that SPRINT and LG have no answer and are not interested in actually resolving the problem.  In my review of what is posted at the LG Community it is evident that there is a systemic problem with the phone that is causing the reboots.  This phone has been in the market since March 2012 if my review of the literature is correct.  You have had over 90 days to find and fix the problem, but no solution is forthcoming and the only response from your in store clerks (they certainly are not techs) is that it is a new phone on the market and problems occur.  That answer might have worked in March, but it irrelevant now.

• 1. Re: LG Rumor Reflex - Continuous Reboot
    Khuten Valued Member

So I powered it back up and checked my email and my Gmail acct on the phone had weird messages with no sender or subject, and not present on my Gmail acct on the web.  When I tried to delete them on the phone, the only place I saw them, I got a message that there was a problem with the mail and to check the mailbox settings.  I powered off the phone and powered it back on, the weird messages are gone.

I suspected the email accounts the first time and did not restore my Yahoo/SBCGlobal acct, just my MSN and Gmail.  Interesting that this time I am seeing weirdness specifically with Gmail, but not MSN.  We'll see if the rebooting is over.

• 2. Re: LG Rumor Reflex - Continuous Reboot
    CORNELLFAM Newbie

Have you had any further issues?  I just got my LG last week and the constant reboot cycling happened randomly today and has not stopped ( I took the battery out finally because the phone wouldnt even power down)  I live 250 miles from the nearest sprint store and am trying to self diagnosis/solve the problem to save me an 8 hr drive! Never had any issues like this with my Palm Pre

• 3. Re: LG Rumor Reflex - Continuous Reboot
    Khuten Valued Member

So far so good.  If you have email accounts on your phone, and assuming you can get control back, try deleting them and then reinstalling.  I think there is a connection, although not sure from what.

• 4. Re: LG Rumor Reflex - Continuous Reboot
    mapesy Sprint Admin

We are looking for information to help trouble-shoot this issue.  Please send any details you can. Here is a link to the disucssion.

• 5. Re: LG Rumor Reflex - Continuous Reboot
    MARTINSSIS Newbie

Have you found any solutions to this issue?  Our daughter got her Rumor Reflex on 8/7/12 and has since left for college.  Today her phone started to reboot over and over, still hasn't stopped in the last several hours.  She doesn't want to do a hard reeboot due to all of the contact information and photos she will loose.  She has had this phone for less than 30 days so we are thinking of turning it back in and walking away.  Any ideas as to what we can do?

• 6. Re: LG Rumor Reflex - Continuous Reboot
    Khuten Valued Member

Go to this link and follow the instructions. SPRINT has finally caught on that they have a problem to solve.

• 7. Re: LG Rumor Reflex - Continuous Reboot
    gaideas Newbie

Just sent a private message.  I am having the same problem, along with freezing, and at times not receiving messages for a whole day.

• 8. Re: LG Rumor Reflex - Continuous Reboot
    aliciad1031 Newbie

That is the exact problem that I am having the rebooting and not getting my messages until the next day. Then I get calls and they dont show up on my calling list.

• 9. Re: LG Rumor Reflex - Continuous Reboot
    Khuten Valued Member

You know, this would be laughable if it wasn't  for the fact that we are going on a year and neither SPRINT nor LG have fixed the problem.  Once this contract period is up I am ditching the Reflex.

Now it is hanging when I am on the web.  In every case, a new email has been received.  I think this is a case of insufficient memory to enable it to multitask smoothly, and it's just a feature phone.

• 10. Re: LG Rumor Reflex - Continuous Reboot
    ChristinaESA Newbie

I have an LG Rumor Reflex as well and do NOT use it for email and am getting the continuous reboot.  I wasn't even using the phone when it started rebooting repeatedly.

I only use the phone for calls and text, so it can't be email that is the issue.

• 11. Re: LG Rumor Reflex - Continuous Reboot
    olv Newbie

I have an LG Rumor Reflex too and only use it other than for phone calls and text.  Today it started to reboot itself continuously while it was on the countertop.  I tried to turn it off by pressing the power button and it won't even power off.  I have had it since Sept. 2012.  The screen on the phone has frozen on me before, but it would still work.  It has even turned to a white screen and I would remove the battery to make it work again.  This time not even that works.  It has been rebooting constantly for 3 hours.

• 12. Re: LG Rumor Reflex - Continuous Reboot
    GUERNi Newbie

Well congrats olv, you get to fork out $50 for a replacement phone that will do EXACTLY THE SAME THING. Isn't Sprint wonderful?

• 13. Re: LG Rumor Reflex - Continuous Reboot
    Patient_Patience Newbie

My LG does that as well. It also will freeze and I can not use the power button to turn it off and have to remove the battery. Some days it will constantly turn itself off and on, others it will be fine. However if i am sending or writing a text and another one comes in at the same time it will make my phone turn off! This aspect of the LG really aggravates me, especially if I have written a long message only to have to retype it all over again! It is forever telling me it is unable to detect service or constantly asking me to enable wireless data, when it has already been enabled. It takes forever to send a picture and most times it fails! And I have the Family Data Plan and I am the only one with problems, everyone else on the plan has an iPhone! This phone is a piece of **** and I'm sorry I ever chose it!  I'm trying to hang on until January and get another plan, it cannot get here fast enough! And I really hate having to pay an extra $10 each month for the iPhone for data usage, when I already have an allegedly Unlimited Data Plan, what's up with that?????????

• 14. Re: LG Rumor Reflex - Continuous Reboot
    Patient_Patience Newbie

So much for free speech...I see Sprint is in the censorship business as well...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...