1 2 3 4 Previous Next 45 Replies Latest reply: Dec 17, 2013 4:22 PM by SprintCare Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: EVO 4G LTE Just stopped working
    P.Erson Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated

Add me to the list.  Wouldn't turn on, wouldn't charge, etc.  I tried everything and several hours on the phone with Sprint talking me through "taking out the battery", turning it on, doing a dance, etc...all to no avail. This is clearly a manufacturer defect and I hope they resolve it soon.  I went to the Sprint store where they said they couldn't do anything since I didn't have the Sprint insurance.  I disagree, since this is a defect, it shouldn't matter if I have insurance since I did not do anything to cause the issue.  Being a Sprint labeled device, they should be providing manufacturer warranty repairs.  It shouldn't matter that HTC makes it for them, the fact is that it is a Sprint branded device, just like any other company that rebrands another company's product would provide warranty service on "their" product.

All ranting aside, I called HTC and they said they would look at it, but it would take 15-20 days to get it back to me and they weren't sure if they could fix it either.  On top of the coverage issues I am having with Sprint and the lack of available decent Android world phones (upcoming Photon Q aside), I think I am done with Sprint.  Depending on how this works out, I might even fork up the termination fees and be done with it.

• 16. Re: EVO 4G LTE Just stopped working
    smotrs Master

Unfortunately, on uninsured phones, Sprint typically only looks at them for the first 30 days. After that, they refer you to HTC for a warranty claim under the devices warranty. Hopefully HTC can solve the issue for you, in most cases, they'll send you a brand new device.

• 17. Re: EVO 4G LTE Just stopped working
    Levi4u Master

Without TEP Sprint charges $35 for in store warranty service, For that $35 if they cannot repair your device they will replace it.

• 18. Re: EVO 4G LTE Just stopped working
    P.Erson Newbie

Levi4u wrote:

Without TEP Sprint charges $35 for in store warranty service, For that $35 if they cannot repair your device they will replace it.

That's what I thought.  I might have even taken that had they offered it.  Unfortunately, they told me they could not do anything and I had to contact HTC.

• 19. Re: EVO 4G LTE Just stopped working
    P.Erson Newbie

smotrs wrote:

Unfortunately, on uninsured phones, Sprint typically only looks at them for the first 30 days. After that, they refer you to HTC for a warranty claim under the devices warranty. Hopefully HTC can solve the issue for you, in most cases, they'll send you a brand new device.

Thanks.  My biggest concern now is that no one seems to know what the issue is so it might happen again.  I can see this becoming really frustrating quickly.

• 20. Re: EVO 4G LTE Just stopped working
    smotrs Master

I've heard allot of them do that unfortunately. Some of them do as Levi said but it seems the majority don't. So I'm actually wondering what the true policy is as I thought it was as Levi described.

• 21. Re: EVO 4G LTE Just stopped working
    Levi4u Master

smorts, If they do not they are not following policy and should be reported to corporate. The policy is if you don't have TEP they charge $35 for in store service & repair/replacement, whether the phone is still within the 1 yr warranty or not.

• 22. Re: EVO 4G LTE Just stopped working
    fireguy_6364 Master

its still unknown if they can even work on these phones as of yet...that was the last that i have heard..im sure it has soemthing to do with training to work on this new style of phone..only problem is how long is this going to take before they CAN actually work on them without it getting kicked directly to HTC.

• 23. Re: EVO 4G LTE Just stopped working
    MarcHQ Newbie

I'm also having this problem.  The phone just stops and I'm unable to power up the normal way.  It seems to happen when I get a phone call or a text message, but not all the time.  It started happening when I got the latest system update.  Before that I had no problems at all.  This is a big flaw that needs to be fixed.  I can only get around this by doing a soft reset.

• 24. Re: EVO 4G LTE Just stopped working
    1978whiskers Newbie

My phone just did the same thing today.  My phone was on, then I noticed it was off.  I cannot get it to power up for anything.  Had it for almost 3 months.  Problem is, I bought it in Hawaii, now I'm in Michigan (the U.P.) where there are no sprint stores.

• 25. Re: EVO 4G LTE Just stopped working
    annef68 Newbie

I too am having issues with my HTC 4G LTE.  Started a couple weeks ago.  No data connection unless Im around WiFi and even then its shotty.  Was told the same thing...I could go 15 business days without my phone and they would send it to HTC or I could give Sprint $35 and they'd give me a  refurbished phone.  NICE.  This is a brand new phone that is obviously defective.  Sprint customer service sucks!  I am considering just eating my early termination fee just to get rid of them!

• 26. Re: EVO 4G LTE Just stopped working
    Jazzgirl7777 Sprint Employee

I apologize for your issue with no service. It definitely sounds like a software related issue since the ICS. 

I have seen this issue before and after successfully resetting device, the software related issues were not reoccurring for several customers.

If this is something you would like to do please let me know.  There are settings within the device I would need to verify with you along with ensuring your information is backed up prior to resetting.

• 27. Re: EVO 4G LTE Just stopped working
    smotrs Master

Make sure the phone has been plugged in charging for about 15-30 min. Then press and hold the Power Button for about 30-60 seconds, see if it powers on then. Sometimes, if the battery completely drains, the phone will act like it's disconnected from the battery or power source. Pressing and holding the Power Button for an extended time kinda reconnects the circuit so-to-speak.

• 28. Re: EVO 4G LTE Just stopped working
    karlsn12 Newbie

I just got my new HTC 4-5 days ago and today at some point it decided to shut down and so far I haven't gotten it to power back up. It is on the

charger right now and if it isn't working in the morning, I guess I will add going back to the Sprint store to my list of stuff to do. I did have an issue

with an up-date that couldn't download for some reason and I couldn't seem to get it to just go away. I have no idea if there is any correlation. 

• 29. Re: EVO 4G LTE Just stopped working
    Kichri Newbie

This happened to me a couple weeks ago, where it turned off during a phone call. It wouldn't turn on or even charge and after some research, I saw one post somewhere in some forum that said to hold down the camera button and the power button at the same time until it turns on...I tried it and it worked. I haven't had the problem since.  I haven't seen any other reference to this fix anywhere. I just got lucky I guess..

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points