Same story, same problem. I'm using an Airave (Model: Hub Bub CI-600-RT) and can not send a text message when connected to it with my Galaxy III. I can send text messages without difficulty from other phones (dumb and smart) that are connected to the Airave. I can send texts from my Galaxy III when not connected to an Airave...
CS says they're working on it.
I was experiencing something similiar. When I was at home on my Airave I could make and receive calls without issue, but text messaging would not work (Code 97). I wouldn't be able to send or receive texts while on the Airave.
When I was on a normal 3G connection I could make calls and send text messages, but not receive calls or text messages. (Only items that use the voice services were affected like text messages, voicemail, calls, etc).
Short answer after a lot of trouble shooting, something didn't appear to complete properly when I transferred phones. So they deactivated and reactivated my phone and after it finally got a 3G signal (making sure not on the Airave), it started acting properly. IF you have this done make sure they put in the special code so you don't get charge the early termination fee, because this was done as a part of trouble shooting.
Now everything works both on and off the Airave. I don't even get the Code 97 while connected to the Airave. So my thought is, a lot of these problems are related to a failed activation or a partial activation.
I got the same answer from their Airave support. I'll post which model Airave I have later in hopes that might help, because after they did a deactivate/reactivate on my phone it works fine while on the Airave. The real tricky part is you have to get reactivated while NOT on the Airave. Which meant I had to drive a little ways from my home to finish the troubleshooting and get a proper 3G signal.
For the record, they never provided the instructions. And I'm pretty sure my phone was connected to my Airave at the time, but made sure it wasn't during my second activation.
The tricky part is, if you neighbor has an Airave you could still connect to theirs. To stop this, you'd have to call Sprint to put a block on your phone so doesn't connect to anoter Airave.
I understand. They are very poor at providing timely information to their own reps. Just look at all the misinformation they provided to other users on this forum. There's no update for this and it happens on most any smartphone not just Samsung. It doesn't happen ALL the time but the problem manifests itself often enough that we've notified all our people to be aware of this issue and take appropriate steps to avoid the possibility by activating with the airrave off.
Also, you can test connectivity to nearby Airraves by turning yours off before you swap devices. If you get a signal at all you can make a call and if you get that airrave tone you're connected to one. For most folks with an Airrave the areas are rarely hotbeds of Sprint customers.
Same issue with Airave connections on new S3. I get delayed incoming messages (sometimes hours or days), sometime they repeat every hour, and for outgoing message I get Code 97. After 5th call, CS did reset on my Airave and told me to manually reset device every so often as new patch to Airave was delayed. Reseting it takes it back to factory settings but i guess it occasionlayy updates and then causes issue again. They said they would notify Airave user with email on patch.
Another S III user here with an Airave unable to send texts. I receive them just fine, but am given error code 97 when attempting to send a text.
Funny thing is I had my Airave disconnected for a few weeks since it was causing more problems than fixing. I got a nice post card from Sprint reminding me that I should be using my Airave. If I don't, I need to send it back (understandable) or start using the device.
Kind of ironic that a device meant to improve cellular reception prevents my S III from working properly and I will get dinged if I don't use the Airave.
I am so aggravated that I would have to buy a device to get my phone to function correctly. I shouldnt have to consider an airave to make my phone do what its suppose to... but what else am I going to do. Sprint is no help. If anyones got other suggestions I have posted a new thread with my issues @ http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/96736 :/
I'll try to remember to post which model Airave I have, but I can say that all my problems went away after they did a complete deactivate/reactivate on my device. I think that is where their problems are coming from, either the devices are activating properly, or when doing a transfer of service from one phone to another something did complete properly.
Sprint is sending me an new Airave 2.5 as well as today they reactivated my phone OFF the Airvana model I have and once I turned it back on the problem reappeared. The Airave (later I chatted to) tech person said the new model is the solution.
However if the reactivation works for you, good luck.