1 2 3 4 6 Previous Next 87 Replies Latest reply: Aug 2, 2013 7:28 AM by JonMcR Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)
    kmd-bmx Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated

Same story, same problem.  I'm using an Airave  (Model: Hub Bub CI-600-RT) and can not send a text message when connected to it with my Galaxy III.  I can send text messages without difficulty from other phones (dumb and smart) that are connected to the Airave. I can send texts from my Galaxy III when not connected to an Airave...

CS says they're working on it.

• 16. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)
    halldl02 Expert

I was experiencing something similiar.  When I was at home on my Airave I could make and receive calls without issue, but text messaging would not work (Code 97).  I wouldn't be able to send or receive texts while on the Airave.

When I was on a normal 3G connection I could make calls and send text messages, but not receive calls or text messages. (Only items that use the voice services were affected like text messages, voicemail, calls, etc).

Short answer after a lot of trouble shooting, something didn't appear to complete properly when I transferred phones.  So they deactivated and reactivated my phone and after it finally got a 3G signal (making sure not on the Airave), it started acting properly.  IF you have this done make sure they put in the special code so you don't get charge the early termination fee, because this was done as a part of trouble shooting.

Now everything works both on and off the Airave.  I don't even get the Code 97 while connected to the Airave.  So my thought is, a lot of these problems are related to a failed activation or a partial activation.

• 17. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)
    halldl02 Expert

@kmd-bmx

I got the same answer from their Airave support.  I'll post which model Airave I have later in hopes that might help, because after they did a deactivate/reactivate on my phone it works fine while on the Airave.  The real tricky part is you have to get reactivated while NOT on the Airave.  Which meant I had to drive a little ways from my home to finish the troubleshooting and get a proper 3G signal.

• 18. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)
    Panzer06 Bronze Expert

This is exactly what I posted in posts 10 & 12.  You should NOT do new activations or swaps when connected to an Airrave and if you've previously done so you will need to re-run the activation when not connected to the Airrave. 

Cheers,

• 19. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)
    halldl02 Expert

For the record, they never provided the instructions.  And I'm pretty sure my phone was connected to my Airave at the time, but made sure it wasn't during my second activation.

The tricky part is, if you neighbor has an Airave you could still connect to theirs.  To stop this, you'd have to call Sprint to put a block on your phone so doesn't connect to anoter Airave.

• 20. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)
    Panzer06 Bronze Expert

I understand.  They are very poor at providing timely information to their own reps.  Just look at all the misinformation they provided to other users on this forum.  There's no update for this and it happens on most any smartphone not just Samsung.  It doesn't happen ALL the time but the problem manifests itself often enough that we've notified all our people to be aware of this issue and take appropriate steps to avoid the possibility by activating with the airrave off. 

Also, you can test connectivity to nearby Airraves by turning yours off before you swap devices.  If you get a signal at all you can make a call and if you get that airrave tone you're connected to one.  For most folks with an Airrave the areas are rarely hotbeds of Sprint customers. 

Cheers,

• 21. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)
    dezmo907 Regular Visitor

Same issue with Airave connections on new S3. I get delayed incoming messages (sometimes hours or days), sometime they repeat every hour, and for outgoing message I get Code 97.  After 5th call, CS did reset on my Airave and told me to manually reset device every so often as new patch to Airave was delayed.  Reseting it takes it back to factory settings but i guess it occasionlayy updates and then causes issue again. They said they would notify Airave user with email on patch.

Grr..

• 22. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)
    Lady_Nae Newbie

Hi, I had the same issue. Error code:3... I called Sprint and was told to update profile? Nothing. I was told to check and make sure it was set on CDMA.

That was my problem? I had to set it to the proper setting and power off for a few seconds. Working since.

Good Luck!

• 23. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)
    AppointedSole Regular Visitor

Another S III user here with an Airave unable to send texts. I receive them just fine, but am given error code 97 when attempting to send a text.

Funny thing is I had my Airave disconnected for a few weeks since it was causing more problems than fixing. I got a nice post card from Sprint reminding me that I should be using my Airave. If I don't, I need to send it back (understandable) or start using the device.

Kind of ironic that a device meant to improve cellular reception prevents my S III from working properly and I will get dinged if I don't use the Airave.

• 24. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)
    DANADEE822 Regular Visitor

I am so aggravated that I would have to buy a device to get my phone to function correctly. I shouldnt have to consider an airave to make my phone do what its suppose to... but what else am I going to do. Sprint is no help. If anyones got other suggestions I have posted a new thread with my issues @ http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/96736  :/

• 25. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)
    JasonnnEph Regular Visitor

We finally received a new Airave.  It is version 2.5 and it is labeled so right on the front of the device.  Fixed all our problems.  I suggest you all request one.

• 26. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)
    halldl02 Expert

I'll try to remember to post which model Airave I have, but I can say that all my problems went away after they did a complete deactivate/reactivate on my device.  I think that is where their problems are coming from, either the devices are activating properly, or when doing a transfer of service from one phone to another something did complete properly.

• 27. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)
    dezmo907 Regular Visitor

Sprint is sending me an new Airave 2.5 as well as today they reactivated my phone OFF the Airvana model I have and once I turned it back on the problem reappeared.  The Airave (later I chatted to) tech person said the new model is the solution.

However if the reactivation works for you, good luck.

• 28. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)
    halldl02 Expert

Yeah if you are only having trouble while on the Airave, I'd definitely lean that route.

For me, I was having trouble everywhere, both on and off the Airave. 

• 29. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)
    KIANAJACKSON1 Newbie

I was having the same issue with my Galaxy III. I updated my PRL, my Firmware, and my Profile. It started working again with no problems.

1 2 3 4 6 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points