13 Replies Latest reply: Dec 17, 2013 4:32 PM by SprintCare RSS

iPhone 4S/CALL FORWARDING

Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Can anyone tell me how to enable and disable call forwarding on the Sprint iPhone 4S?  Sprint seems to be incapable of telling me how to do it and any other iPhone that I've had with any other carrier has call forwarding built into iOS, but on the Sprint phone it's not there.

He also claims that while he doesn't know how to enable/disable it, that it costs 20 cents a minute.  Since when does call forwarding cost 20 cents a minute?  It's suppose to be included in your plan/minutes...it works just like if you were using the actual phone...at least that's the way it's been with all the other carriers and I've had them all.

I'm beginning to think nobody at Sprint knows what the **** they are talking about!

• 1. Re: iPhone 4S/CALL FORWARDING
    Regular Visitor

An even funnier update...I spoke with tech support and the guy claimed "in order to activate call waiting you must call into Sprint and let us do it for you!"  Am I living on earth or what?

I figured out how to do it...*72NUMBER CALL  to disable go to settings/phone/sprint services and click on disable call waiting or you can simply dial *720 from the keypad.

I'm still trying to figure out though if they really charge you 20 cents a minute...

Anyone?

Sprint...you guys are really on top of you're game alright...NOT!

• 2. Re: iPhone 4S/CALL FORWARDING
    Levi4u Master

Using Unconditional Call Forwarding, There is an additional charge of .20 per minute.

• To use unconditional call forward:

• To activate unconditional call forward:
      1. Press *72
      2. Enter the 10-digit forwarding number
      3. Press Talk
      4. Listen for alert tones heard indicate call forwarding is set.
    • To deactivate unconditional call forward:
      1. Press *720
      2. Press Talk
      3. Listen for alert tones indicate call forwarding is removed.

Conditional call forwarding is free and included in all plans.

There are three types of Conditional Call Forwarding you can choose from:

1. Busy – Only sends calls to an alternate number if you have two calls active at the same time (e.g. you are on a call and have a call waiting)
    2. No Answer – Only sends calls to an alternate number if you don't answer your phone
    3. Busy/No Answer – Will send a call to an alternate number for either condition listed above

Note: You may forward your calls to two different numbers for Conditional Call Forwarding by simply completing both steps 1 and 2 below. You can forward calls to one number when your mobile number is busy, and a different number if you do not answer.

Setup instructions and Star (*) codes for managing each type of conditional call forward are listed below:

1. Busy (*74/*740)

• Turn on just Conditional Call Forward - Busy
      • Dial *74 plus the 10-digit number you are forwarding your calls to (e.g. *555-555-5555).
      • Press Talk.
      • You should hear tones, then the call will disconnect. Your calls will now forward to the 10- digit number you entered for when your mobile number is busy.
    • Turn off Conditional Call Forward - Busy
      • Dial *740
      • Press Talk
      • You should hear tones, then the call will disconnect. All your calls will begin ringing on your phone again.

1. No Answer (*73/*730)

• Turn on just Conditional Call Forward - No Answer
      • Dial *73 plus the 10-digit number you are forwarding your calls to (e.g. *555-555-5555).
      • Press Talk.
      • You should hear tones, then the call will disconnect. Your calls will now forward to the 10-digit number you entered when you do not answer your phone.
    • Turn off conditional Call Forward - No Answer
      • Dial *730.
      • Press Talk.
      • You should hear tones, then the call will disconnect. All your calls will begin ringing on your phone again.

1. Busy/No Answer (*28/*38)

• Turn on BOTH Conditional Call Forward - Busy and No Answer
      • Dial *28 plus the 10-digit number you are forwarding your calls to (e.g. *555-555-5555)
      • Press Talk.
      • You should hear tones, then the call will disconnect. Your calls will now forward to the 10-digit number you entered when your mobile number is busy or you do not answer your phone.
    • Turn off Conditional Call Forward - Busy and No Answer
      • Dial *38.
      • Press Talk.
  • 3. Re: iPhone 4S/CALL FORWARDING
    Regular Visitor

That is way to dramatic not to mention who has time to take a class to learn all the different ways to forward phone calls?  Air time is air time, there should be no charge period, just like any other carrier.  Well that settles that.

• 4. Re: iPhone 4S/CALL FORWARDING
    tomdeaver Sprint Employee

Sprint's "unconditional call forwarding has always been $0.20/minute. When Google Voice came out a couple of years ago, we re-educated our customers on the other forwarding options; Busy and No answer, which at that time were not being used as heavily. It's great that we have a "free" forwarding option.

Tom

Message was edited by: tomdeaver ~ Thank you Levi4u for your thorough and Correct answer.

~ UPDATE ~ I was corrected by one of my colleagues with the following information.

• Conditional call forwarding (*28, *73, *74) is included in all plans.
    • Unconditional call forwarding (*72) charge is $0.20 per minute.
    • Note: Unlimited Simply Everything plans include unconditional call forwarding at no additional per minute charge.
    • 5. Re: iPhone 4S/CALL FORWARDING
      Zzznorch Valued Member

tomdeaver wrote:

Note: Unlimited Simply Everything plans include unconditional call forwarding at no additional per minute charge.

Link does not work as it references a Sprint Intranet site.

A question though, would free unconditional call forwarding also apply to a Everything Data Share 1500 business plan?

• 6. Re: iPhone 4S/CALL FORWARDING
        abe2020 Sprint Employee

Zzznorch Everything Data Share 1500 includes

Conditional (busy or no answer) Call Forwarding.
        Unconditional (immediate) Call Forwarding charges is $0.20 per minute.

Abe

• 7. Re: iPhone 4S/CALL FORWARDING
        Zzznorch Valued Member

Thanks for the clarification.  I have not used it yet but I'll make note to use conditional if I need to forward.

• 8. Re: iPhone 4S/CALL FORWARDING
        phone_no_workie Newbie

I agree with you.  I don't understand the charge for it either.  I switched from Nextel to Sprint to be in the 20th century and the service is horrible. 

I need a way to forward my Sprint calls to my Verizon work phone since Sprint has no signal in the area.

I'm curious on what type of forwarding to do when you have no signal?  I was also told to call in when I need call forwarding active, then call back to de-activate. 

Who do I contact to find out whether lack of signal is conditional or unconditional? 

Technically I would have "no answer" since the phone doesn't ring, or it may be "busy" because it is always searching for a signal...

I don't feel like I should have to pay more for forwarding when I already pay a monthly fee to have a phone that I can not use. 

By the way, google voice does not work either for forwarding calls, there is a error when using GV with Sprint and being useful/beneficial. 

• 9. Re: iPhone 4S/CALL FORWARDING
        salmankh1 Newbie

This is rediculous! Why these geniouses have to make it so tricky to turn on and off call forwarding. Learn some lesson from Apple and keeps things simple. I was an AT&T subcriber before and it was just a matter of few clicks to turn it on and off.

• 10. Re: iPhone 4S/CALL FORWARDING
        MONISAVED. Newbie

Can I still use my phone for outgoing calls once I transfer calls?

• 11. Re: iPhone 4S/CALL FORWARDING
        Levi4u Master

Yes, You will still be able to use your phone after setting up call forwarding.

• 12. Re: iPhone 4S/CALL FORWARDING
        adi86 Newbie

Unlimited Simply Everything = Unlimited My Way ?

Does Unlimited My Way plan include unconditional call forwarding at no additional per minute charge?

• 13. Re: iPhone 4S/CALL FORWARDING
        SprintCare Social Care

Adi86

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. 

To answer your question yes, unconditional call forwarding is including in the Unlimited My Way Plan, as well as the My All-In plans. 

If there is anything else we can assist you with, or if further information is needed, please let us know.

Zena
        Social Care Team

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...