This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Dec 17, 2012 4:44 PM by hescominsoon RSS

Airave 2.5 not working, going in circles with advanced technical support.

Kogashuko Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Ok so my old airave 2.0 died last month and I had been waiting for a new one. Finally the 2.5 came in the mail last thursday morning. I got home thursday night and installed it just like the old one. I was shocked at how quick it got a GPS fix and that I did not need to put the hockey puck GPS on my roof to make it work. Of course I had to call technical support to get it provisioned. The first person I spoke to was helpful but I had to explain that I had been sent a new airave. Finally, I got her to read me the mac address they had on file and it was to the old one. I gave her the new one and the network light changed from red to green. Three and a half hours later the mobile light was still blinking red. I called advanced technical support and got a very helpful individual who quickly found the problem and reprovisioned it. A few hours later I once again had 5 bars in my house.

The next morning things were still good. The power company had to briefly cut the power to the house for linework and whne the power came back on I was back at five bars. I soon after left the house to eat lunch with the wife and saw batman. I got home and my five bars were gone. Nothing I did including resets of everything would fix the thing and the network light was blinking red. I spoke to the same individual whne he called to do a follow-up. We tried everything and he said the last thing I could do was completely disconnect the router and connect the thing directly to the modem. If that didnt work he could escalate it to the engenieering level. He said he would be off for a few days and he would have another person call me on sunday to see if it was working. So sunday rolled around and no call. I ran several line tests and am getting steady 25mb down and 4.5 mb up. I get less than 1ms of jitter and a A line quality. Not to mention the old one worked fine when the GPS was picking up before it bricked. I also spoke to the cable company who said nothing was wrong on their end. So, I called in and spoke to another person who tried to reprovision the airave. She said she would setup a call back and it should be running in about 2 hours. Shortlty after getting off the phone the blinking network light changed to solid red. Nothing....

Tonight I called and spoke to another gentlement. He acted like I was stupid and asked me if it was in DMZ mode. Did he not read the pages of notes from the other people and the thing about escalating the issue if what I tried on Saturday did not work? I informed him that not only was it the DMZ host but I had even gone through and assigned it a IP address inside the router and matched it inside the airave. He then told me to go inside the Airave and turn DHCP back on. I guess this was his solution. He then told me to power cycle the **** thing and let it wait 2 hours. He also said he would follow-up later. Of course right after I get off the phone the network light turns solid red.

Basically, I am screwed. I have two personal phones that do not work at my house. Not a big deal all the time but it would be nice if they worked. Second, I have a work phone that is used for call outs in matters of life and death. This does not work now... I guess everyone else that depends on me is screwed because sprint cant provision an airave.

Has anyone else had this issue? Am I basically screwed until this other gentelman gets back to work and I hopefully can talk with him? Who do I have to speek with to get the point across that the problem is NOT on my end? I have many and I mean many internet enabled devices. None of which have any issues connecting with anything except this airave.

Finally, if anyone else has this issue and you do connect your modem directly to your airave (mid you this did not fix my problem.) Be aware that your entire LAN is out until you get and keep a GPS fix. Also, your upload speed will be cut from about 4.5mbs per second to bairly 1mb.

Attached is a line quality test which has the highes jitter I have ever experienced which is a 2ms.. jitter. This thing should always work no problem.

• 1. Re: Airave 2.5 not working, going in circles with advanced technical support.

Update, I talked to Sprint again and they wanted to try port forwarding. I explained to them yet again that I had the thing as a DMZ host and it would forward everythign. They then wanted me to unhook my router AGAIN and plug it into my modem. I advised again that I had done that and the problem didnt help. They then said that they would send me a replacement.

So I get my second Airave 2.5 yesterday. I hook it up and call. They then say ok give it a while and I will call back in an hour. One hour later I had the red solid network light again and blinking red mobile. I never got a call back... really?

• 2. Re: Airave 2.5 not working, going in circles with advanced technical support.

I upgraded tonight to dd-wrt to get better control and more detail. The picture that is attached shows the Airave is making 3 connections and the best I can tell is failing the connect to the server on Sprint's end. airave has 3 connections.jpg

• 3. Re: Airave 2.5 not working, going in circles with advanced technical support.

Finally got this problem resolved I think. I called customer service and tried the reset again like they said. They then started saying that I needed to unplug the router and wire the thing directly into the modem. In addition to it slowing my internet connection down (25/5) down to about (10/1) it didnt fix the problem before. I advised that I would not be doing that. They also wanted me to power cycle my modem, router, and airave. The customer service rep was really nice but I advised her that none of that should have to be done to make the thing work on any network. So out of a last ditch effort she said to try and connect the old airave and she would go to a different system and look at the database. Of course this required removing one from the account and adding another. Low and behold it work when I plugged it in.

However, since it was a different airave I did not yet have it in the router configured for DMZ host. The only thing there was the ip reservation in the airave. The connections on my end in the status look the EXACT same as they did on the other one when it would not let me connect. I call this almost absolute proof that there is some sort of fundamental flaw in either the database, the sprint network gateway, or more likely the provisioning software provided by airvana. I hope I do not have this problem again but for now I have full signal in my whole house.

• 4. Re: Airave 2.5 not working, going in circles with advanced technical support.
    vaprea90 Regular Visitor

I am having this same issue, called multiple times only to be told the airave is malfunctioning out of the box, and they will send me a new one.

Broband light is solid green, GPS blinking green with mobile light. Eventually the GPS light will turn solid green and then a few moments after that the mobile light goes solid green..., but this only remains for about 10 seconds then the whole cycle begins again with the broadband light remaining solid green.

• 5. Re: Airave 2.5 not working, going in circles with advanced technical support.
    MATTHEWMEISENHELDER Regular Visitor

Exactly my problem Vaprea90. And I'm having the same problem with sprint tech support calling me back (though finally today the 4th tech I have talked to did return my call, so hope going forward he works out for me). Vaprea90, let me know if you solve your issue...mine sounds the same

• 6. Re: Airave 2.5 not working, going in circles with advanced technical support.
    vaprea90 Regular Visitor

Hey Matthew, I was sent a new unit, called and updated the Mac ID number and the unit worked about 45 min later. This should be the same resolution.

• 7. Re: Airave 2.5 not working, going in circles with advanced technical support.
    TANBERRY Regular Visitor

I currently live in San Antonio Tx and ive had the Airave for about close to a year and it USE to work fine and recently last week it stopped working., the same thing i keep getting the run around they had me to a series of things unplug this unplug that " reset the air wave" go the the www.8x8 website or what ever it was to check my speed i did all of that and still no real clear answeres as to why my broad band and gps light areboth solid green and themobile light is flashing and occastionally all the lights flash each time i try to place a call i hear the beeps but i cant here the ph call ringing but the people on the other end of the call can here me i cant here them i had to leave my house and go three blocks awaay to place a call. I was told smeone would call me back.... 2 days later i recieved a call from soem one who had me do that ridiculous *** test from that www . 8x8 website again the same **** i did days ago only to be told a engineer wll call me and they dont know when it can take upto 72hrs  or longer what the ****!!! ok im stillwaittiing to this day unable to recieve calls and make calls and if i am able to manage to make a call eventually the calldrops my text message dont always go through either I have to send several times. Obviously this is a problem i see several postings on the site about this same issue. what is the problem and i wish thye would stop acting like theres nothing wrong with the airave, all of the people on this site couldnt possibly be lying we all live miles away from each other. I have 5 phone lines with sprint and have been with them for close to 10 years i have an impeccable pay record with them and i expect to AT LEAST  recieve so EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE. im sick of beingtold this person will callu and that person will call u. How about u just do me a favor and CANCEL!! all FIVE PHONE LINESi have with u with out me being penalized for breaking my contract since u cant provide a service to me or even answers as to why the service doesnt work.

• 8. Re: Airave 2.5 not working, going in circles with advanced technical support.
    hescominsoon Regular Visitor

demand(nicely) a replacement..however if you get a 2.5 don't expect it to work correctly.  I have 4 lines and one of the phones simply refuses to work with the 2.5. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...