1 2 3 17 Previous Next 239 Replies Latest reply: Mar 31, 2014 10:44 AM by fireguy_6364 RSS

Samsung Galaxy s3 Signal Issues

PastorCyle Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I just upgraded to the S3 from the iPhone 4s and although I love the S3 I am having issues with my phone signal...NO SIGNAL AT ALL... I never had this problem before. My wife evo has no issues with signal strength at home so it's not my area. Is this a know issues and is there a fix coming...  I have been to the sprint store and called sprint and got know help... What is going on....

• 1. Re: Samsung Galaxy s3 Signal Issues
    Joannelan Regular Visitor

Same thing here. We just upgraded from an EVO to the S3. No Trouble with the EVO but now the S3 has NO SIGNAL AT ALL, at home and some other places we normally go and had service with our other Sprint phones. I am hearing others having this problem too with the S3 but have heard NOTHING from Sprint about fixing it or acknowleedging it. I hope they give us some feedback soon on why this is happening and what they are doing to fix it.

• 2. Re: Samsung Galaxy s3 Signal Issues
    bug2bee Newbie

Same thing happened to me like you and Joannelan described. I used to have full bar at work with my Evo, but now i barely have 1-2 bar.  It is very bad.  Poor service with 3 g and they are charging us for premium data plan an extra $10/month, but the 4g lte is not available yet.  Sprint cheated their customers by rolling out the phone even before the service is available.  The worst thing is they shifted their customer service to third world countries where they have no clue what is going all when we call.  I started doubting what Sprint claim the winner or improved customer service.  Very diappointing at the service.  Sprint dont pick good working phone for customers:  first HTC EVO with battery issue, now SAMSUNG S3 with reception issue.  As a customer, we dont really have informed choices.

• 3. Re: Samsung Galaxy s3 Signal Issues
    rick.spencer Bronze Expert

We have both an iphone 4s and a GS3 at our home and the signal strength seems to be comparable - maybe even a little better on the GS3. We do have fluctuations in strength but it affects both phones at the same time so I'm assuming it has more to do with the network or the fact that we are in a rural area. When compared to an EVO 3d the GS3 will typically show one less bar but in real world application they seem to work the same ( if one looses service so does the other ). Its possible your situation may be more of a settings issue, I know how frustrating it can be I had an Epic Touch and at first there were all kinds of signal issues. Hope things turn out better for you, Rick.

• 4. Re: Samsung Galaxy s3 Signal Issues
    avilesr60 Newbie

The same exact thing is happening to my wife and I. Originally we had the EVOs and the reception was Great. Now that we have the S3s our reception is poor and we are always getting dropped calls. The phone is great but the service sucks! Maybe we should have gone with Verizon.

• 5. Re: Samsung Galaxy s3 Signal Issues
    tsands07 Newbie

I am still having problems with reception and dropped calls and text messages I either don't get them or they come and send at all hours of the day .. My picture message take a day or 2 to come .. My EVO never had this problem. I had to take this phone because sprint said they had a national back order on the EVO and had no idea when they would come in.. I loved my EVO and miss it . Such a better phone not happy at all with this one..

• 6. Re: Samsung Galaxy s3 Signal Issues
    8472743733 Regular Visitor

can we tell - are these issues the S3 or because of the upgrade work being done to  Network Vision (LTE) ??  

• 7. Re: Samsung Galaxy s3 Signal Issues
    avilesr60 Newbie

My neighbor has an HTC EVO and he has had NO problems with the signal. It's defiantly the radio built in the phone. It's not strong at all.

• 8. Re: Samsung Galaxy s3 Signal Issues
    8472743733 Regular Visitor

thanks- i was afraid to hear that- i am seriously considering the S3 but the radio scares me- i have the nexus s 4g and it's radio is horrible- is this more of the same with the S3?

• 9. Re: Samsung Galaxy s3 Signal Issues
    DANADEE822 Regular Visitor

I am considering using my old EVO instead of this s3 becuase of these problems.. The screen is pretty and the features are fun. Great. I have to stand across the street to reply to a text because the phone wont try and resend on its own and I otherwise will have to sit and hit resend for fifteen minutes until it finds a spot of reception. My WiFi works great - I hardly have 3g (I know it exsists, I had it 100% of the time on my old EVO), too bad texting and phone calls dont run on WiFi. I have resorted to communicating through Google Talk because it runs on WiFi, but not everyone has that app. I would NOT reccomend spending money on a phone like this when all its going to cause is a strong urge to throw it across the room. If you want a pretty phone, get it. If you want one that gets reception and features are actually usable you'd be better off with a banana.

• 10. Re: Samsung Galaxy s3 Signal Issues
    RogueMJ Newbie

I upgraded to the Samsung S3 from my Evo.  Signal was great on my Evo even on 3G.  Now with the S3, I'm getting "No Internet Connection Try Again" very frequently and text messages fail often.  I'm getting 1 to no signal bars where I used to have at least 3 or full strength on my Evo.    Is there any fix / something that can be done - perhaps a free replacement to another type of phone from Sprint?

• 11. Re: Samsung Galaxy s3 Signal Issues
    fireguy_6364 Master

if your screen name is also your phone number you might want to change that seeing as how this is a public forum and now EVERYONE knows it lol..

more a FYI than anything.

anywho...for those of you having the signal issues..post your zip and closest cross streets so tower issues can be ruled out or not..DO NOT POST YOUR PHYSICAL ADDRESS

• 12. Re: Samsung Galaxy s3 Signal Issues
    DREWTEK Regular Visitor

Same Here. Great Siginal on EVO 1 bar or none on S3 US HWY 1 Southern Pines NC

• 13. Re: Samsung Galaxy s3 Signal Issues
    fireguy_6364 Master

most have said that theyre getting the same signal strengths between the old evo and the SIII/EVO LTE...but its showing 1 less bar..do you have any reception at all? can you make a call or get data when its showing no bars?

also the bar graphs are by not as accurate as people think..

• 14. Re: Samsung Galaxy s3 Signal Issues
    Th3Phoenix Silver Expert

This is good to know since I am considering the GS3.

I always had reception issues with sammy's phones.

1 2 3 17 Previous Next