This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 21, 2012 2:29 PM by emkFairfaxVA RSS

Poor network service (dropped calls, delayed texts e.t.c.). Can early termination fee be waived.?

labfm Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I've been with Sprint now for over 3 years. No major problems during those 3 years and very appreciative of the lower fees v ATT/Verizon. However, within the last month or so, I've been having RIDICULOUSLY poor network service. I drop calls at least twice a day. I miss calls completely (my phone never rings) and I get delayed text messages. It has reached the point where I am on business calls and the calls are getting dropped. Clients are calling me and I'm not receiving their calls at all. Really, really bad for business.

My current contract ends in October. So we're talking 4 months to go. I can't continue like this at all, especially since my phone is used for business. I've contacted technical help who've "refreshed my device and settings" and whatever else they do from their end and it hasn't helped. Same network issues. Same dropped calls.

I want to cancel service and go to a new provider as I've been using a loaner from my office on another provider that has been much more reliable. Has anyone had experience getting the early termination fee waived due to poor service? At this point, I will even contact BBB, FTC or whoever to be able to get out of this contract without paying any fee. Very sad situation for me and I am very, very disappointed about how poor the network has been.

• 1. Re: Poor network service (dropped calls, delayed texts e.t.c.). Can early termination fee be waived.?
    SBarday Newbie

Were you able to get a waiver? I have been experiencing numerous dropped calls, which has become an annoyance. I've been wanting to call them regarding this but couldn't find time. I suppose I will be doing that now.

• 2. Re: Poor network service (dropped calls, delayed texts e.t.c.). Can early termination fee be waived.?
    M09856 Expert

I doubt you're going to get the ETF waived, but you can suspend the contract for $5/mo (IIRC). What's your zip code so I can check to see when upgrades for your area are likely to be done. When upgrades are finished you shouldn't ever see a dropped call again.

• 3. Re: Poor network service (dropped calls, delayed texts e.t.c.). Can early termination fee be waived.?
    SamsungGalaxy24G Newbie

I am getting the same issues with my cell phone which is a Samsung Galaxy 2 4G. I have had wonderful service for over 12 years with Sprint and then all of a sudden last Friday 7/27 I started getting dropped calls, text delays (some texts came through hours later) and I can't call out and when a call does get through then it's dropped pretty quick while on a call. I use my cell phone for business purposes and it is bad, bad for business. I live in the 77373 zip code so I wish someone could tell me WHEN IS THIS GOING TO BE FIXED? I have called customer service and they tell me that there are NO TOWERS DOWN in my area at all and that I need to take my phone in for repair. So I take it in to repair and they tell me that there is NOTHING WRONG WITH MY PHONE and they tell me it's the Sprint Network so I call customer service back and tell them this and they tell me NO THAT THEY ARE WRONG!! UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I am so frustrated!!!!! So what is going on? I absolutley REFUSE to pay over 200.00 bucks a month for a paperweight to sit on my desk. I need answers so I can make a decision on what I need to do as far as cell phone service. I have been reading a lot of the problems in other areas and a lot of customers are saying they have been dealing with this for weeks and some for months .....well I can't deal with this for weeks let alone months!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!

• 4. Re: Poor network service (dropped calls, delayed texts e.t.c.). Can early termination fee be waived.?
    M09856 Expert

SamsungGalaxy24G wrote:

I am getting the same issues with my cell phone which is a Samsung Galaxy 2 4G. I have had wonderful service for over 12 years with Sprint and then all of a sudden last Friday 7/27 I started getting dropped calls, text delays (some texts came through hours later) and I can't call out and when a call does get through then it's dropped pretty quick while on a call. I use my cell phone for business purposes and it is bad, bad for business. I live in the 77373 zip code so I wish someone could tell me WHEN IS THIS GOING TO BE FIXED? I have called customer service and they tell me that there are NO TOWERS DOWN in my area at all and that I need to take my phone in for repair. So I take it in to repair and they tell me that there is NOTHING WRONG WITH MY PHONE and they tell me it's the Sprint Network so I call customer service back and tell them this and they tell me NO THAT THEY ARE WRONG!! UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I am so frustrated!!!!! So what is going on? I absolutley REFUSE to pay over 200.00 bucks a month for a paperweight to sit on my desk. I need answers so I can make a decision on what I need to do as far as cell phone service. I have been reading a lot of the problems in other areas and a lot of customers are saying they have been dealing with this for weeks and some for months .....well I can't deal with this for weeks let alone months!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Make your own topic and you may be able to get a more useful reply from a Sprint Employee.

• 5. Re: Poor network service (dropped calls, delayed texts e.t.c.). Can early termination fee be waived.?
    emkFairfaxVA Newbie

labfm - Were you able to get out of the ETF?  My husband and I are dealing with the same issue right now.  We've had Sprint for 2.5 years with good service.  However, a few months after renewing our contracts at the 2 year point, service was horrible.  I get multiple dropped calls a day, poor service when I do have a successful call, missed calls, delayed texts.  It's extremely frustrating.  My husband spent a few hours on the phone with Sprint last night only to result in "Don Pattel" from the "corporate" office telling him, "We guarantee service, not good service."  SERIOUSLY!?!  I want out of my contract now because Sprint can't follow through with quality or reliable service, but $350 ETF for a smartphone is a tough pill to swallow for lack of service on their part.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...