12 Replies Latest reply: Aug 24, 2012 5:15 PM by PCAMERON62 RSS

Rumor Reflex shuts down without warning

MISHPAT3 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Have the updated lg rumor reflex for 48 hours. keeps shutting off and restarting without warning. Same problemn with older Rumor Touch.

Any idea how to resolve thi  design  flaw?

• 1. Re: Rumor Reflex shuts down without warning
    Sprint Employee

How often does this happen, once per hour or once per day? A phone will reboot if there is a file error in the  operating system loaded to the device or if it has power/battery issues. An authorized Sprint Repair center can test the battery and software. We do have multiple reports of this and have an investigation ongoing with LG in which we are trying to identify why certain devices are having this issue. I expect a maintenance release to come out when they finish the investigation.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

• 2. Re: Rumor Reflex shuts down without warning
    MISHPAT3 Regular Visitor

We've had the nrew phone les than two days. It shuts doen and reoos sevceral times a day.

• 3. Re: Rumor Reflex shuts down without warning
    Joe610 Regular Visitor

I just got 2 brand new (one white, and one gray) LG Rumor Reflexes and they both shut down while in the middle of a text and another one comes in!!  Please help!!

• 4. Re: Rumor Reflex shuts down without warning
    EASYVISITS Newbie

Hello OKIESTRO,

There is another issue with the LG Rumor Reflex.  I set up my gmail account on the phone with no problems, however, once I did the phone keeps rebooting once I try to launch the email application.  I spent 4 days entering in my contacts into the phone ( no way to import from outlook? )

I have about a week to return this phone, and will not spend anymore time manually updating my contacts if I have to reset the phone to get rid of the problem.

Any ideas?   Thanks in advance. 

• 5. Re: Rumor Reflex shuts down without warning
    Khuten Valued Member

Well Larry Okiestro, they better get cracking and fast.  An otherwise decent phone is headed for the dust heap of history if you can't fix this.  I upgraded from a LG Lotus Elite to a Rumor Reflex on June 1.  I knew about these issues but, silly me, assumed it was just a few phones and surely, surely, SPRINT and LG would fix them.  I could not have been more wrong.  I have the phone set up, ringtones (which I paid for), email accounts, some web favorites, FB and up until today all was just fine.

For reasons known only to the LG Rumor Reflex gods my phone has, today June 4, decided to

1) reboot all by its little loneseome self about 6 times, no idea why as it was just sitting unused on the coffee table.

2) reboot when I went into email.  REBOOT trying to access an email account.  REBOOT after opening the email icon and seeing my accounts.  REBOOT trying to delete an email after opening an account, REBOOT after pressing the email icon in My Stuff.  No particular order that I could see.  Just tried again with my Yahoo mail, it was also happening with my MSN account.  I tried accessing the Web. no issues there.

3) decided it was done rebooting just a moment ago, and I was able to enter all 3 email accounts and delete unwanted emails after going through the torture above.  I have no idea how long this moment of tranquility will last.

After reading the issues above and in the very long post in another thread which detailed exactly the same issue about rebooting in email, I realize that the Rumor Reflex is simply unstable.  I have a very good friend in South Carolina who just jumped ship from SPRINT and moved to VERIZON after having ongoing issues with her Reflex.  I don't want to leave SPRINT, but I am not interested in an Droid based phone at this time.

And thar she blows!!.....REBOOT, 5:40 PM CDT, while sitting quietly on the table.  I have no idea why.

Christine

• 6. Re: Rumor Reflex shuts down without warning
    Khuten Valued Member

From the other thread, since I have no idea if SPRINT's techs are paying any further attention:

So the rebooting continued last night and today.  REBOOT, for no particular reason.  REBOOT while trying to get into or work with email.  Powered down this AM.  Powered up about an hour later, got to email and deleted ALL accounts.  Powered down again for about an hour while in class.  Powered back up, reinstalled email accounts.  We'll see how long before the REBOOT cycle resumes.

• 7. Re: Rumor Reflex shuts down without warning
    Khuten Valued Member

The latest as posted on another thread.

So far no problems since deinstalling and reinstalling my email accounts.  There has been no firmware update that I know of and I have checked twice since acquiring the phone.

I do know that the default of 'yes copy over my email contacts' when you install an email account will overwrite what you have in your Contacts folder.  I managed to get phone numbers into some of my Contacts, and when I mistakenly hit 'yes' to the prompt with my emails, BINGO!  Contacts were overwritten and phone numbers lost because my email Contacts list does not include phone numbers.

As far as SPRINT reading this stuff...one would hope they do on this thread, but I am not holding my breath.  Especially since it appears there is no news about a fix

• 8. Re: Rumor Reflex shuts down without warning
    Khuten Valued Member

Why I spoke too soon.  I had the phone shut down and charging this evening.  At 10:58 CDT the charging was done, I removed the connection and powered the phone on.  So far, 3 reboots followed after the phone came on.  Was I doing anything with it?  Why no, it was sitting on the coffee tabele and don't you know the 5th! reboot is underway as I type.

SPRINT/LG apparently is not interested in fixing this problem.  I suppose they are hoping it will just go away.

And here goes reboot #6.

• 9. Re: Rumor Reflex shuts down without warning
    Khuten Valued Member

If you haven't seen this, there is in fact an effort being made to resolve the Reflex reboot issues.  See http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/93215?tstart=0.

• 10. Re: Rumor Reflex shuts down without warning
    Joe610 Regular Visitor

I don't know what to do anymore this phone is the worst phone EVER and I have been with sprint with the same plan since 1995!!!!  They want to squeeze me and my wife out since they're not "making any money off us"

This phone drops every call, this phone turns itself off all the time, this phone freezes and I have to use the slider to unlock the buttons, this phone has 10x more problems and I can't get anyone to listen to me about it.

• 11. Re: Rumor Reflex shuts down without warning
    Khuten Valued Member

See my latest comment, or just go to this locaton and follow the directions.  SPRINT has finally woken up to the issue.  http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/93215?tstart=0

• 12. Re: Rumor Reflex shuts down without warning
    PCAMERON62 Newbie

I have the same problem when updating my email. The phone shuts down. It has also started shutting down when I try updating the firmware or executing any type of data transmission. I only use it for phone calls and texting now.  I should have replaced my Samsung Galaxy instead of buying this cheap phone.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points