14 Replies Latest reply: Sep 20, 2013 4:18 PM by BenandLorraineWhite RSS

HTC EVO 4G LTE Bluetooth issues

jl1rx7 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

I have a Bose Headset 2 and the LTE EVO.  This morning the bluetooth for the phone does not work.  You can hear music (pandora etc), Use voice calling etc.  Just can't hear anything when trying to make a phone call.  Worked fine last night and the time since I have had the phone.  I tried unpairing the headset with the phone.  No joy.  Called customer service and still no joy.  Went to a store had them look at like it was a moon rock and still no joy.  All I got was the headset doesn't work.  Well it works just fine on my work phone.  So it is not the headset.  Anybody else having these issues?  Maybe someone in customer service can truly help? 

• 1. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE Bluetooth issues
    Jason1416 Newbie

I have the exact same issue. I have a Plantronics Vovager Pro headset. The headset works with my work phone but just stopped working with my EVO.I unpaired and paired again. No change. I also went into the bluetooth settings and box was checked for phone audio. However, when I make a call the audio is going through the phone and not the headset.

• 2. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE Bluetooth issues
    jl1rx7 Regular Visitor

I fixed it by doing the factory reset.  Just the one that doesn't kill all the information on the SD card etc.  That made it work.  Just make sure you back up your phone before you do it.  That way you won't lose any info. 

• 3. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE Bluetooth issues
    kaleb814 Newbie

having the same issue too.. did a Reset on the phone and it worked for a week then stopped...

• 4. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE Bluetooth issues
    CAMSTUFs Expert

having the same issue too.. did a Reset on the phone and it worked for a week then stopped...

You use what Bluetooth device???

I'm having major LTEvo vs. BT issues for months; Still no luck

• 5. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE Bluetooth issues
    Steadicam Expert

Cam,

apologies for not reading the thread, what BT devices are you using? are you experiencing static? BT drop outs? pairing issues?

do you stream to multiple devices and they all show the same issues?

finally, have you opened up a trouble ticket to HTC? what was their response?

• 6. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE Bluetooth issues
    kaleb814 Newbie

Well i have two blue tooths. One is the Jabra extreme 2 and the plantronics m50. you can hear music and media. But when making a Call you have no audio. My husband has the same headsets and his work fine.

Htc Told me that is was an non compatibility issue with the Device. i Called jabra and they said that it was the phone.

• 7. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE Bluetooth issues
    Steadicam Expert

Both are right and the consumer is left holding the bag.

HTC is correct in that the BT headset does not have the right BT stack to talk with the phone.

Jabra is right in that its the phone that does not have the BT stack that is in the jabra headset.

as an example, I use 2 Bluetooth headsets, one being the LG TUNE and the other is a Jabra BT 8010. I use a Blueant BT speaker, and I stream music from the phone to my vehicles' BT using A2DP. all of  those products work well.

I am able to make and place calls thru the vehicles' BT system and also on the LG TUNE and the other BT which is a Jabra BT8010 which is an ancient old school BT headset. its able to make and hear calls fine and its circa 2007!

I would try another headset, OR take your current BT headset into a local sprint store, pair it up to a demo LTE htc phone and test. if no change, either continue to issue trouble tickets to HTC in hopes they will include the BT stack that your headset uses, or move on to another headset.

The more people who complain, the better the response from HTC.

• 8. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE Bluetooth issues
    CAMSTUFs Expert

@Steadicam,

Thanks for the quick response.

I have tried the Jawbone Icon, Motorola Silver Elite, Plantronics M155, M20...

Callers say they can't hear me clearly & devices disconnect randomly.

Streaming music is never a problem.

The AV890 works ok but is a wired device, which defeats the point of using Bluetooth.

The Motorola HK250 seems to be ok, Just bought it a few hours ago.

• 9. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE Bluetooth issues
    jazzyone57 Valued Member

I thought Bluetooth was a standard.  It makes as much sense as saying you can't access a certain website because the server has a different TCP/IP stack than your PC. 

• 10. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE Bluetooth issues
    14KNIGHT Sprint Employee

For help with this issue  pleae make sure to

update to lastest , remove and repair the headset and test again.  If that doesnt solve it, please provide the following:
    *Software Version on EVO LTE:
    *Model of the bluetooth accessory(if you have a Moto Silver make sure you have v2):

*Detailed problem description (make sure to include the symptom( s ) and how often each occurs)

• 11. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE Bluetooth issues
    jl1rx7 Regular Visitor

I still have issues with this phone's bluetooth connectivity.  It disconnects/reconnects at random numerous times.  Same goes with the wireless connections.  I have found that the two seem to be commpeting with each other.  I also get lots of static and clipping of my calls when using bluetooth.  This is with full signal strength or next to none. The three hundred foot range that bluetooth is a joke.  I would say ten feet is max with phone being in your pants pocket being too far most of the time.  I wish HTC/Sprint would do something to fix these issues.  This phone is great at everything except being a phone.

• 12. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE Bluetooth issues
    longrangedude Newbie

I have nearly the same exact set of issues.  Love the phone but hate the phone. As a phone using bluetooth, it's worse than worthless.  I've tried two new Jawbone Era's and pairing it with my Chevy truck.  The truck works the best of the lot but still spontaneously stops working in the middle of calls and has the same random lousy audio quality for incoming and outgoing audio. I am not willing to give up on this issue with a phone. Hands-free / Bluetooth is as mandatory as air in today's wireless world.  Without this working I will be forced to go to another phone brand. Too bad - I really like HTC sense. Why manufacturers and carriers think they can get away with pushing untested **** like this onto us as consumers is beyond me.

• 13. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE Bluetooth issues
    yowassup Newbie

has anyone ever figured out a fix for this? i don't want to keep buying BT headsets and having to return them. i just tried a new one today at best buy and it's going back. i'm pretty sure my original BT worked and then one day it just started having horrible problems with clarity and it never went away...

• 14. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE Bluetooth issues
    BenandLorraineWhite Newbie

Well.... Here is it is... Took my phone into the store to see if I was just missing something  as I had the same issue. The tech told me that the earlier models of this phone (+/- HW Version 003) have known issues around Bluetooth as well as Wireless Networking connectivity. This tech informed me that long story short, there is no fix for this at all and that a new phone is needed.

After I complained for a moment, Sprint gave me a newer model of the EVO 4G LTE and it works great. SO, if you are having this issue, a new phone is the fix......

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...