This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 16, 2009 9:12 PM by patkosanke RSS

Treo Pro Smartphone by Palm Factsheet

Sprint Admin
Currently Being Moderated

Available March 15, 2009

Combining a large touch screen and full QWERTY keyboard in an elegant, sleek design with the blazingly fast speeds of Sprint’s EV-DO Rev. A Mobile Broadband Network, Treo Pro smartphone by Palm makes it easier to get things done on the go. Treo Pro offers Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional Edition, supports Microsoft Direct Push Technology for up-to-date email, contacts and calendars1and is the first Palm phone available with Internet Explorer Mobile 6, with options for either mobile-optimized or desktop-like Internet browsing. Treo Pro helps busy professionals stay connected on the go so they can structure their lives around their priorities without sacrificing work productivity, and provides the reliability and manageability IT departments require.

PRODUCTIVITY:

• Microsoft Office Mobile Suite for easy file management enables easy downloading, viewing and editing of Microsoft Word and Excel files; rehearse PowerPoint presentations anywhere; consult PDFs and Zip attachments on the go

• Microsoft ActiveSync® technology offers one of the best PC-to-mobile device sync experiences, making it easier to configure with faster data transfer and sync accuracy

• Sprint Navigation with GPS-enabled turn-by-turn driving directions, traffic rerouting and more than 10 million local listings

• Built-in Wi-Fi features one-touch access to 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi2

• Sprint TV® with an extensive selection of live and on-demand programming3

• Sprint Music StoreSM allowing users to wirelessly download full-length songs directly to their phone for just 99 cents each3

• Several streaming-radio applications, including Sprint Radio with more than 150 channels3

• Integrated 2.0 megapixel camera/camcorder with up to 8x digital zoom and video capture

• Expandable Memory for MicroSDHC cards up to 16 GB

• Bluetooth® enables hands-free, short-range wireless communication using a Bluetooth headset and wireless uploading/downloading to or from a computer

• Speakerphone makes safe, hands-free conversations always available

SPECIFICATIONS:

• Display: 320 x 320 transflective color TFT 1.74" w x 1.74" h touch screen
    Dimensions: 4.49’’ x 2.36’’ x 0.54 ;’’ 4.69 ounces

• Battery: Removable 1500 mAh lithium-ion; approximately 5 hours of talk time

• Network: CDMA2000 EV-DO Rev. A; backward compatible 1XRTT and IS95

For more information, visit http://www.sprint.com/treopro.

1Microsoft Direct Push Technology requires Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 with SP2 or Exchange Server 2007. Additional fees and software may be needed to comply with corporate IT policy. VPN may be required.

2 Within wireless coverage area only. Wi-Fi within range of 802.11b/g Wi-Fi network. Some Wi-Fi hotspots require fee for usage. Email, web, and GPS require an account and data services at additional cost. GPS coverage not available in all areas at all times.

3 Within wireless coverage area only. Additional fees may be required for some services.

Message Edited by SarahKS on 03-04-2009 04:37 PM

• 1. Re: Treo Pro Smartphone by Palm Factsheet
    Regular Visitor

Here is a link to Palm's Website with the same information: http://www.palm.com/us/products/phones/treopro/index.html#tab2

Also here's a link to a PDF Datasheet by Palm:

http://www.palm.com/us/assets/pdfs/TreoPro/Pro_SP_Datasheet.pdf

• 2. Re: Treo Pro Smartphone by Palm Factsheet
    JOHN087 Valued Member

I just took a look at one at the store alongside my 800w and one still on display. the 850w/pro would take some getting used to, but it looks nicer than the 800w and may have better battery life.

It showed less memory available than my 800w even though the 800w had lots of programs running.

I couldn't see if the GPS is truly standalone. There has been mention of "autonomous" recently butSprint & Palmseem to be reneging on that.

I could send what seems to be real MMS picture mail so the recipient doesn't need a dataplan.

One really bad thing about the Pro, when idle it had only 2 bars of signal and both 800w's had 4 or 5. After making a call it went up a bit and steadied at 3. Even worse, it was only connecting at1X data where the 800w's were in EVDO. I'm going have to find out about this before considering the Pro as that's a real step back.

By the way, the Spec's in the 850 users guide do not mention Rev A. What's the real deal?

Memory seems to be a sore point on this thing. The UG spec says only SD, not SDHC. Again, what is the real deal on this (and GPS)?

• 3. Re: Treo Pro Smartphone by Palm Factsheet
    Regular Visitor

I wouldn't worry too much about memory. If you plan on using lots of media related items (pictures, video, music, etc) I would invest into an SD card if I were you. That way you can store any 3rd party apps, media, or memory intensive files on that rather than the device.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...