This discussion is archived
1 2 3 13 Previous Next 188 Replies Latest reply: May 20, 2013 12:47 PM by ALPHAXI0306 RSS

Windows 8 phone and Sprint not happening soon.

NunoAlcinaSantos Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

SPRINT,

The rumor is that Sprint has already set its line up on phone and does not plan on getting Windows 8 phone in the near future. I hope this is false. Why windows phones have been behind, the new windows 8 phone will be great new phone. Windows have currently taken over RIM in phone and will look to match iOS soon. I for one am very excited about the Windows 8 phone and am waiting to get this phone. Since I am at the end of my contract I will consider making the switch to a provider that can provide the phone. I may not be the high majority but I'm sure there are some other like myself.

Anybody share this feeling?

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=10909

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sprint-not-likely-to-offer-Windows-Phone-8-model-at-launch_id33068

Thanks

• 1. Re: Windows 8 phone and Sprint not happening soon.
    BikeDan Newbie

I'm just about ready to jump to another carrier.  This is really getting silly.  We want the Windows 8 phone.  To get it we have to leave.  Customer service.....not really

• 2. Re: Windows 8 phone and Sprint not happening soon.
    cuetech Regular Visitor

I agree!!! Sprint is treating their customers like complete and total ******** saying they won't carry an WP8 phones at launch!  They were the first to have a WP7 phone with the Arrive and now that the Windows Phone platform is getting better and further away from slide-out P.O.S. keyboard phones like the Arrive... they aren't going to give their customers that option?????????????????

• 3. Re: Windows 8 phone and Sprint not happening soon.
    haldiggs Regular Visitor

hey Sprint! someone needs to comment here. We need to know. Some of us have been waiting for years...

• 4. Re: Windows 8 phone and Sprint not happening soon.

I can understand Sprint feeling like they got burnt once by the Arrive and don't want to get burnt again, but this time is different. You now have a revise Windows Phone that is now on its 3rd release and is now proven. You got it coming out with a huge OS change in Windows 8. To me they should be looking at hey do we sell windows 8 phones, it should be more like which hardware verndor of Windows 8 are we going to sell. I was a huge HTC fan, but they have dropped the ball. Get in touch with NOKIA. The lumia is a tired and proven phone. It has some of the highest reviews. Heck when you used to ask SIRI whihc is the best smartphone it would reply back with information about the Lumia, this is until they made a software update.

Sprint is gonna be missing out instead of gaining and so are its customer's.

Ready to Leave

• 5. Re: Windows 8 phone and Sprint not happening soon.
    seeblue1 Bronze Expert

Sprint might as well take their time. I mean, Microsoft's spent a few years on this and still haven't finalized things yet.  It all looks and sounds quite promising, but where the heck is it?

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2012/09/where-oh-where-is-windows-phone-8/

• 6. Re: Windows 8 phone and Sprint not happening soon.
    MrKeenEye Newbie

As I stated previously on another thread, I too have my contracted ended and looking to purchase the Nokia Lumia when Windows Phone 8 is released. I would be pleased that Sprint had carried a Windows Phone phone during the fall so that I may continue being a customer. If Sprint fails to supply a Windows Phone 8 phone this year, I will change carriers.

• 7. Re: Windows 8 phone and Sprint not happening soon.
    upstlokck Regular Visitor

I'm sick of andriod and don't think apple much better. I hate andriod so much I was cosidering going back to a old flip phone. Until I heard about the windows phone 8 a month ago. I knew this would blow the htc arrive out of the water however I guess sprint is not going to have the Windows phone 8 when it launches. For that reason I'm switching carriers whoever comes out with that phone. What a shame I thought I would never switch from sprint I'm on a employee plan and get a great deal but I hate andriod that much can't wait for the Nokia Lumia Windows phone 8 Does anyone know what carrier will have the WP8? I think its AT&T but not to sure.

• 8. Re: Windows 8 phone and Sprint not happening soon.

Here's some info on who will be carrying Windows Phone 8:

The list of U.S. carriers planning to sell Windows Phone 8 devices isn’t surprising. AT&T and Verizon Wireless have already confirmed that they will be selling the Nokia 920 and probably the 820. It wouldn’t be surprising to see T-Mobile, which already sells Nokia Windows Phones, get one or both of these devices. Sprint, which only sold one Windows Phone 7 device which has been discontinued, remains a question mark.

Pasted from <http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Mobile-and-Wireless/Nokia-Samsung-Events-Herald-Windows-Phone-8-Surge-247576/>

AT&T:

AT&T is targeting a November 2 launch date for Nokia’s new Windows Phone 8 flagship

Pasted from <http://www.slashgear.com/att-nokia-lumia-920-due-november-2-squeak-insiders-07246467/>

VERIZON:

Verizon Wireless confirmed it plans to work with Nokia Corp., a move that is likely to eventually involve selling the Finnish handset maker's line of Windows 8 smartphones.

Pasted from <http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390443819404577635413315244928.html>

TMOBILE:

Samsung might be quietly planning a new Windows 8 smartphone boasting a connection to T-Mobile's new 4G LTE network.

Pasted from <http://www.cnet.com/8301-17918_1-57492753-85/windows-8-phone-may-hit-t-mobile-in-lte-style/>

Loyal user of SPRINT:

Maybe one day, like 2014....

Doesn't make sense to me to start losing people when we can switch to other carriers.  Heck I can get 21% at verzion and they now have a new pricing plan. May just equal what I pay with sprint, plus I'll get wide spread LTE and a carrier that like to stay ahed of the curve and not watch fromthe sidelines. Sprint used to be the tech player, not the are just a bystander.

• 9. Re: Windows 8 phone and Sprint not happening soon.
    norsairius Regular Visitor

I just got Sprint and these rumors that we won't get WP8 for a while are unsettling.

As a new customer, I admittedly don't have much loyalty built up for Sprint. No WP8 means I won't mind switching back to or away to another carrier that will give me the device that I want.

If I have to sign up for service for 2 years and use the same device (unless I choose to spend a lot more money to get a new one outside of the contract), then I want to be able to have a device that I want and will enjoy using.

I've used the iPhone a lot, I have an Android phone now. I had a Windows Phone way back when it first came out but wanted it to become a more "mature" device from the hardware and software standpoint. Windows Phone has offered the best experience from any smartphone OS that I've ever had. I want to switch back, but if Sprint won't offer it, then I'm not going to stick around.

It'll be back to AT&T or a switch to Verizon for me if Sprint can't offer what I'm looking for. I'm willing to pay more per month as long as I can get what I want, so those bill comparisons don't mean much to me, nor do the data caps because I don't use enough data to worry about them.

If Sprint can get a great Windows Phone 8 device on their network, then I'll happily extend my contract and even go to a higher rate plan just to get it.

What are you going to do about it, Sprint? I can't be the only one who feels this way.

• 10. Re: Windows 8 phone and Sprint not happening soon.
    anglo-blaxon Newbie

I have been with sprint for 13 years. If i dont have the option to purchase a nice windows 8 device.... i will most probably jump ship. I really like the look of windows 8. Im sick of my android phones and sprint/carrier's update cycles with them. Windows 8 will have everything i want and add the features in the lumia and my mouth waters.

dont let this thread die!

• 11. Re: Windows 8 phone and Sprint not happening soon.

I don't think Sprint gets it.

Their average relationships with customers under contract lasted just 51 months. - http://money.cnn.com/2012/03/26/technology/cell-phone-customers/index.htm

People leave. You have many people here who are loyal. Well beyond the 51 months and they want to leave. So how about the ones that are almost done or the ones who are willing to pay the cost of breaking the contract.

I don't get it. Your not dealing with 1 compnay anymore that wants to make a phonw. You got 2 giants. Nokia and Samsung. Nokia has made huge strides and is making a rock solid phone. Samsung has a huge focus on the mobile market and they wouldn't join the Windows 8 wagon if they didn't think it would pay off.

Sprint... make it happen. David Owens, Sprint's VP. You can make this happen.

People will search Windows Phone 8 Sprint and find this thread and never come to Sprint. So now you lose new customers and your old. We want to stay but with a carrier that wants to make things happen for us!

• 12. Re: Windows 8 phone and Sprint not happening soon.
    haldiggs Regular Visitor

I know these guys monitor these discussions. I just wish someone would get on here and just tell us something. Good or bad. In the past I have seen comments that look to be from employees of some kind.

• 13. Re: Windows 8 phone and Sprint not happening soon.
    haldiggs Regular Visitor

ok I am going to take a shot at actually giving the original poster an answer.

NO. THERE WILL BE NO WINDOWS PHONES ON SPRINT THIS YEAR.

ok now can I have the points

• 14. Re: Windows 8 phone and Sprint not happening soon.
    Venom01x Valued Member

I have been with Sprint for 14 years this November and if there is no Windows Phone 8 by the end of the year, I will be done with Sprint.  I want the Nokia Lumia 920.  Tired of waiting on Sprintfor a Windows Phone other than the Arrive.  Its too bad too because I really like Sprint and have recommended my many friends and extended family here.  Lack of Windows Phone 8 is not catering to the customers but rather catering to Apple and their 15+Billion dollar commitment.  Not right.

1 2 3 13 Previous Next